When does a club turn pro?

Ok, so I decided to start a lower league career game and chose Husqvarna, a team in the lowest playable Swedish league. I got promoted to the top division after a few promotions and a few failures in between which is fine because it is boring if you just go straight up the leagues without having to work for it, but what I am now finding boring is the fact that the option "turn professional" is greyed out when I speak to the board and it says the club can't afford to turn professional. I have 2 million in the bank which I cannot spend because my club is still part time, which means the only players willing to sign for me are players from Swedish 2nd division teams which are not good enough so I am currently busting my balls every season just to finish mid table with the same players that got me promoted 3 seasons previous. Now I am assuming that the issue is that I am still a part time club playing in a full time league.

Am I right in assuming this is the problem or is it something else? My rep is on par now with the mid table sides in the top league but I still cannot sign any players worth more than around 5k.

So how do I get the club to turn pro? If the option is greyed out when I talk to the board, how much money does the club need to turn pro? I assume I need to qualify for europe but this save is starting to get very tedious not being able to sign players.

I cannot answer your questions because I am in a similar situation. Started in Swedish Second Division, got promoted to Swedish First Division Elite, have around $1million in the bank, cannot even request to turn pro. Though I am able to sign some better players when I have a little luck. What I find silly is how I cannot sign to players from the First Division semi-pro team when I am a full division higher. You'd think they would jump at the chance like that. Seems a bit broken to me as well.

Some leagues have requirements that a team is professional so a team can enter it. In England, this is League Two. I don't know if Sweden have this. If they do, it is one way to trigger going professional. Apart from that, if you can't request it, it is only the board who decide when. Being financially prudent and successful on the pitch will of course help.

Archived