Teams buying my players

Backround: I started with the Wolves and moved them up to the Premiere division. After a couple of seasons in the 11-15 range, I started to move up to the top half.

I had high expectations going into the next season but just before the first games started, Man City made an offer of somewhere around $25m for a young Defensive Center I have. I rejected the bid. They came back with a bid of $40m and it was automatically accepted and they bought the player. The same thing happened to a striker I have. There was no way to decline the offer, or make any kind of counter offer (that I noticed). I did see something that said the offer met some kind of minimum.

What happened here with these two players??? How can I avoid this in the future?? With the striker, my fans are extremely disappointed that I let him go, but I had no choice in the matter! I had ample payroll room to give him a big raise. I would have done anything to keep him.

I used the money to bring in 3 good players and I had my best finish ever, 7th place and EC qualification, so I made the best of the situation, but I really miss that defensive player.

I basically used the first few years in the Premiere Division to load up on talented young guys and just threw them in the fire and started them all the time, so I have a few more very young but quickly improving future stars on my team that I do not want this to happen to again.

Thanks!

When you say "automatically accepted", do you mean a) by the Chairman, b) because of a minimum release clause, or c) because of some setting like "accept all bids of X"?

If its a minimum release clause, you can't do anything... Except renegotiate the contract to not include such a clause.

You probably had a minimum release fee on the players... which means if the figure is met, it's automatically accepted.

Think Demba Ba going to chelsea as an example.. he had a 7million release fee in his contact which Chelsea met.

Either that your your chairman accepted over your head, which they can do.

When you say "automatically accepted", do you mean a) by the Chairman, b) because of a minimum release clause, or c) because of some setting like "accept all bids of X"?

If its a minimum release clause, you can't do anything... Except renegotiate the contract to not include such a clause.

I think it was the minimum release fee thing. Where can I find out if my current players have this clause in their contract? What exactly will it say and on which screen? Thanks!

Go onto the player profile and click contract. It is on there and will be listed as to whether they have a minumum fee release clause. You don't have a director of football who sorts out the sales of players either do you?

Regarding the chairman seliing off your players. My experience is, that when the club is in need of cash, the chairman will sell your players when a certain price is met. However, in my experience, when your club is getting richer and in less need of cash, the chairman will refrain from selling players. Atleast that's what I experienced in FM12, managing Leipzig.

Archived