New National Teams

Don't know about Gibraltar but Kosovo is not a UEFA nor a FIFA member so I don't see why they would be in the game. I very much doubt Gibraltar is a member of either although I am not 100% sure.

Considering Basque is a Spanish territory, Kosovo a Serbian Territory under UN auspice and Gibraltar a British overseas territory I don't think they really have a place in the game as a playable country, second nationality for Basque but that's about it

Considering Basque is a Spanish territory, Kosovo a Serbian Territory under UN auspice and Gibraltar a British overseas territory I don't think they really have a place in the game as a playable country, second nationality for Basque but that's about it

that doesn't mean a thing. Puerto Rico are FIFA affiliated and they are a US Territory.

In May this year (2013) UEFA will vote on whether or not to admit Gibraltar as a full member, which would likely mean they compete in the Euro 2016 qualifiers. They have been a provisional member of UEFA since October 2012 but are not yet a member of FIFA. They will almost certainly be accepted into FIFA if they become a full UEFA member.

The final result is in the balance as Spain doesn't want them to be accepted (due to sovereignty disputes with Gibraltar and the UK), and it has a strong influence in UEFA that led to a 2006 application for membership to be rejected; Spain had threatened to boycott all UEFA competitions. The Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland had however already rejected arguments against membership, forcing UEFA to admit Gibraltar as a provisional member even after this rejection, and according to its ruling, it should be admitted as a full member too. If UEFA doesn't accept Gibraltar in May it will have broken the court's ruling, so who knows what'd happen next...

Being a sovereign state did not traditionally affect membership of UEFA or FIFA (look at the British Virgin Isles, American Samoa, Tahiti, Curacao, the Faroe Islands, England...) but since recent years this has been changed. Nevertheless non-state entities such as the Basque Country, Corsica, Greenland (which may well soon become a UEFA or more likely CONCACAF member) do field teams in non-FIFA competitions including sometimes friendlies against FIFA-affiliated clubs and nations such as Corsica vs Congo in 2009 or Corsica vs Cameroon in 1998

Gibraltar, Corsica, Greenland, Kosovo, Vatican City, Catalonia

Why not create all these new national teams as inactive, so you can already enter the nationality new players and be ready when you affiliate with FIFA or UEFA

• 5 months later...

Gibraltar joined UEFA as Full Member so they should be in FM2014 and Bonaire recently joined CONCACAF and CFU (Carribean Football Union) so they should be in FM2014 too.

But I would like to see Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, Palau, Micronesia, Niue, Greenland and Saint Barthelemy as inactive nations in FM2014.

Archived