no interest in players!

I'm currently in my 7th season with chester city and have taken them fom the blue square north to the championship. during the quick rise i have always snapped up good young players and no-one ever seems to show an interest in them. i'm currently 4th in the league after 25 games and again stil no interest off bigger clubs for my players. anyone else get this problem? reason i ask selling some would be handy for the club to cntinue building facilities wich proves hard when no-one will buy

also, in backroom staff responsibilities you should allow your director of football to take care of transfer listed players. he will constantly offer those players to clubs which should 1- relieve your headache and 2- finally get some offers in.

It's a well-known issue.. it's been like that for at least a couple of iterations.

Blame it on reputation having too much of an effect on transfers, plus AI not being as proactive as it should on the market.

Your players, while perfectly good for your level, are still suffering from low reputation (and it's likely to be the same for your club).

That way, no clubs from around the same strength (or higher) will offer, because the player is still perceived as "not good enough", while clubs from lower leagues won't make an offer either, as they feel the player is out of their league in terms of ability, reputation and appeal.

Sadly that prevents you from selling top players for profit (or when they ask for insane wages) and, more important, from trimming down the roster by selling decent backups.

I find when nobody is buying you can often loan kids out for 100% of wages with a recall clause if they aren't getting enough games. If you want to keep hold of them, offer a maximum length contract and loan them for a season, but if you don't want to keep them you can loan them out for a season. You can also add in a transfer fee which the feeder club can choose to pay to buy the loanee off you.

If you have trouble loaning out, try changing the monthly wages % or removing Non Negotiable Squad Status.

The recall clause is very important because if they get injured you can bring them home and make sure they receive better physiotherapy. If you don't want to keep them, let them be injured at the feeder club on a 100% wages paid by the feeder!

I've never had any problems actively selling top players, but there was definitely a lack of interest in my star players in the lower leagues.

For example, this player had a minimum fee release clause of a couple of million which I could not remove but not one club had a go at signing him. Five years later I sold him for £28.5m.

Wish I could have uploaded my game for SI but my internet connection is appauling.

I am Bolton manager at the top of the Premier after 7 or 8 season and not once has the AI tried to get one of my players unless I've listed him!

Also when selling a player. Way too often we would get a bid of £0!!!

I used to run into this problem before someone on here mentioned about a "misbalance" in your game setup.

Basically, running a large database of player with very few active leagues can create a vacuum in the transfer market. To get around this load a medium database with as many "view-only" leagues as possible. this will make the market far more competitive.

I used to ran into this problem before someone on here mentioned about a "misbalance" in your game setup.

Basically, running a large database of player with very few active leagues can create a vacuum in the transfer market. To get around this load a medium database with as many "view-only" leagues as possible. this will make the market far more competitive.

thats interesting! i will try it when the next patch hits :)

thats interesting! i will try it when the next patch hits :)

It's worked for me haunted. English players can still be hard to offload at times but foreign players usually get bought very quickly as "view-only" leagues make the top clubs in that nation "active" in the transfer market.

i usually load around 60k players, around 8 nations fully active and the rest view-only. It doesnt take up much processing power and makes certain parts of the game far more competitive. Champions league for one!

Archived