Classic mode? What about "realistic mode?"

I'm probably one of the very few people who have thought about this but I was wondering how hard it would be to put in a realistic mode. What I mean by this is more of an in depth look into your manager and players.

I made a list of some of things that I've though of so far:

5) Plane delays (for competition matches depending on the weather)

6) Extended leave for players (This is already implemented but it's only for resting or if the player is unsettled. It could be: new-born baby or other)

7) One to one chairman talks (This could be for board promises not being fulfilled or other issues)

I know these ideas are unlikely to be added, but I just wondered what other ideas anyone else could come up with...

Edited: Sorry for the bad suggestions, I see where I went wrong...

I'm probably one of the very few people who have thought about this but I was wondering how hard it would be to put in a realistic mode. What I mean by this is more of an in depth look into your manager and players.

1) Player and manager illness' (This could have something to do with the age of the player or the manager)

2) Drug issues (This could depend on the personality trait of the player)

3) Match fixing (This could either be your manager or a club. Used if you have a lot of money and really wanted to win a game, could get you fired or the club going into administration.

4) Car accidents (This could also be something to do with the personality trait, or if you've singed a foreign player)

6) Extended leave for players (This is already implemented but it's only for resting or if the player is unsettled. It could be: death in family or new-born baby also)

7) One to one chairman talks (This could be for board promises not being fulfilled or other issues)

I know these ideas are unlikely to be added, but I just wondered what other ideas anyone else could come up with...

Most of these are 100% no for legal issues.

1) Player and manager illness' (This could have something to do with the age of the player or the manager)

2) Drug issues (This could depend on the personality trait of the player)

3) Match fixing (This could either be your manager or a club. Used if you have a lot of money and really wanted to win a game, could get you fired or the club going into administration.

4) Car accidents (This could also be something to do with the personality trait, or if you've singed a foreign player)

6) Extended leave for players (This is already implemented but it's only for resting or if the player is unsettled. It could be: death in family or new-born baby also)

You're efforts at trolling are frankly abysmal.

The problem with a realism mode thread is that it invariably enters waters that are not considered acceptable here. Unfortunately, you've already done so: one through four and number 6 definitely not because of, as Madsheep said, legal and ethical issues. Also, my personal opinion: it's a game about football, how about just keep it that way? This thread may well be closed soon because of the suggestions 1-4, I've seen it happen in the past.

I do on the other hand like number 7, but I've always assumed/imagined talks with the board were effectively one-on-one with the Chairman in the role of the board's spokesperson.

Number 5 might be nice but a bit too cosmetic to be worth the effort in my opinion and, to take a cynical perspective, will probably just lead to complaints from people about freak weather events and the 'cheating AI' only affecting their fixtures.

I agree with Mr Spud. Cosmetic changes to the latest versions of FM have taken a lot of the fun out of it (cozy chats with team/players, drawn out press conferences, etc). They dont make the game more 'realistic' anyway, do they include FIFA Manager-esque planning your own holiday, for example?

Some of the OP suggestions are going towards the 'introduce cancer/serious illness into the game!' idea that someone suggested once as well, sorry. Not good. In the wise words of Duncan Bannatyne, I'm out. :D

This sort of thing has been suggested many, many times over theyears, frankly this is the worst list of such suggestions I've ever seen, none that can raise legal issues will ever be adopted and where it's to explain a players unavailability "personal reasons" achieves the object without any need for story lines.

quote from first post: 6) Extended leave for players (This is already implemented but it's only for resting or if the player is unsettled. It could be: death in family or new-born baby also)

That's before it was edited. You can see that from other people's replies

To be fair to the OP, while his list of suggestions is less than stellar, I think it's down to interpretation on this one. He may not have been suggesting the death of a new born baby and it may have simply been a missing comma that leads you to think that way;

death in family, or new-born baby also. Fixed.

To be fair to the OP, while his list of suggestions is less than stellar, I think it's down to interpretation on this one. He may not have been suggesting the death of a new born baby and it may have simply been a missing comma that leads you to think that way;

death in family, or new-born baby also. Fixed.

:thup: Yeah, bit harsh to the OP in this thread from the holier than all, he's a lunatic, wierd and is an abysmal troll according to one ****wit. All he did was make a suggestion and then apologise. :)

I think the management reputation system needs to be more realistic, for example at the minute you could be managing in the northern irish second tier and get an job offer from asia/africa, realistically this would never happen.

Archived