who is the worst side to start with?

That's pretty endless open-ended question. :(

Define 'worst' a bit more (debt, crap squad, high/impossible expectations?) and give us a clue as to what league/nations. There's a thread in Good player and team guide forum where you can see and ask for suggestions and they have a short template to give others more of an idea what it is you want.

It's at:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/322393-FM13-What-team-should-I-be!

Staines in BSS suck pretty bad. wages are filled with over paid hacks and most the team is rubbish. small stadium which the board loves to build a new one after the first season which will leave you broke. Suffice to say Staines needs lots of work to ever get out of bss.

Thanks for your help. I meant the biggest challenge from the lowest possible level. I tried a few saves and couldn't get in to them, so went back to my beloved Stockport and having an interesting save although just past half way through season 1.

If you can make Andorra, Feroe Islands or San Marino leagues playable then you got yourself the lowest level possible :p

The other option is to be manager of any OFC National Team that it's not New Zeland.

I can testify after taking Fiji on - they were rotten.

As for the OP, it's a tough question to answer. In terms of "who could be turned in to a world force in time?", the answer would be anyone really, given a long enough timescale and a decent attention span. I've played as Stockport, like the OP, and dedicated an entire save to them, eventually winning the Champions League after something stupid like 15 seasons (could be wrong, but it was a long time).

International challenges are probably the toughest, as external factors weigh in - for San Marino, you can be the best manager in the world, but you need the standard of players to improve from that country, probably by taking on the club San Marino too. Club-wise, just find a side virtually bankrupt with crap players and you have your challenge. You could go to the Scottish third division and find a part time club (Clyde or Queens Park maybe), that's quite a challenge, although shouldn't take too long to right the ship.

You could go to the Scottish third division and find a part time club (Clyde or Queens Park maybe), that's quite a challenge, although shouldn't take too long to right the ship.

Scottish 3rd is no challenge at all unless you consider having one season of Rangers as competition is a serious obstacle.

Took Montrose from SFL3 to SPL in 6 seasons without paying a fee for a single player or signing anyone not discovered by one of my scouts. That's not meant as a boast, it's just to highlight that there are leagues around the world where the general standard of the players, facilities, and potential for the clubs to attract players and staff, are much worse than SFL3. The biggest problem I ever faced was finding it very difficult to find anyone who wanted to scout for me. A major problem since I play the game in a way which means I only ever sign players discovered through scouting.

Try Indonesia or India if you want really, really crap, perhaps the 3rd Tier in Northern Ireland if you want a more European feel to your game but still want complete ineptitude/financial misery/footballing obscurity.

Archived