Wheeler Dealer achievement has ruined my game!

As the title says.

This achievement whereby transfer windows are removed from the game when you achieve a 'huge transfer profit' is utterly stupid if I am right in thinking you cannot switch it off.

I have looked in all the obvious places and cannot see an on/off switch.

I do not want this 'achievement' in my game. It has only just unlocked so I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like other clubs can also buy players whenever they want. I say this because I have had a few transfer rumours pop up regarding my players, which if bids gets placed for them and I reject, will make them unhappy.

I am in league 1 and have several amazing regens so this open window will be a nightmare.

I do not want this ability of an open window in my game at all, I just wish the game to play as it should.

Now please tell me I can get it switched off??????

• SI Staff

When the achievement is 'achieved' you get an email in your inbox asking if you support the removal of transfer windows or not ... if you say "No" it never happens.

I try and ensure all unlockables which change gameplay are optional in this manner.

(Edit - amendment after double checking; can be undone via. preferences - but only triggers at the end of a season)

Outside of that I'd suggest tying the players in question to long contracts without big-club release clauses if possible, a long contract will sometimes dissuade clubs from bidding (as they know the club doesn't have to accept an offer) ...

Thank you for such a quick response.

So it would seem my game cannot go back to normal as I don't have an old save available.

Don't you think it would be more appropriate to have an option in settings to 'disable all achievements' or something?

I'd imagine I am not the only one that just wants to play the game normally without these in game achievements that have been brought it as a money spinner for you guys (nothing wrong with that).

Alternatively upon unlocking these achievements maybe a notification could pop up to make you aware that although you have unlocked it, you can turn it off if you wish so.

Also, I am not sure where this email would have been sent to as I haven't logged into those game centre things that pop up on the intro to the game.

You can turn it off / on before you start a new game.

This guy has clicked to turn it on in the email in his current game and so can't turn it off. You can't turn it off if you start a game with it on.

I wasn't aware you can turn it off before you start a game, if so I shall do it in the future. And may I point that I have not turned this function on in an email! I haven't even seen an email regarding this so it had nothing to do with me turning it on.

I wasn't aware you can turn it off before you start a game, if so I shall do it in the future. And may I point that I have not turned this function on in an email! I haven't even seen an email regarding this so it had nothing to do with me turning it on.

By email he means the messages in the inbox in-game, not an actual email.

When you unlocked it, a news item would have appeared with the option to keep the windows as they are or abolish them.

Note the news item doesn't just say "You have unlocked no transfer windows. Do you want this?" - it tries to present it in a way that's believable for why windows are being scrapped, if that makes sense.

• SI Staff

Just to confirm we've looked further into this to verify that things are functioning as intended; you should find that an option is present in Preferences to change this during your game HOWEVER it won't change them immediately it'll stay unlocked until the end of season when it'll refresh things (if it didn't do this then it'd mess up the AI decision making which is already in process for that season).

Thank you Aaron and Marc. In response to Aaron, thanks for pointing out that its an in game message, I must have missed it.

And Marc, thanks for looking into it, I have now seen the setting in preferences to 'Reset Achievements.' The only thing is that the option to 'Apply' is greyed out and I cannot click on it.

I see that the twitter link up setting is underneath it, do I need to set this up or something?

Archived