Yearly youth intake - Anyone got players with more than 2 stars?

I'm talking about the youth intake you usually get in Mar each year.

I'm PSG and have good youth facilities, well-established youth recruitment, excellent youth coaching but no matter how many times I try to reload the game only gives me players with maximum 2 stars for potential. Why is that? Anyone has players with more than 2 stars? Or 4-5 stars?

There's a bug at the moment where the players come through with a low star rating for potential. Sign them up so they are no longer in your youth candidates and then check their ratings.

Thanks for you reply, I think so too. There must be a bug as I had one player who got 2 star but after I signed him he was bumped up to 4.5 stars.

Interestingly, I got one very good player in my first youth intake (4 stars, 'the next Leighton Baines'), and then have had nothing in the six years since - they don't even look any good stats-wise, let alone in potential. Like the OP, I have 'top' youth and training facilities.
I don't see a probelm with that, I can't think of many Premier League IRL clubs that routinely promote 1 youth team player each year, who is genuinely of first team (3.5 - 4 star) quality. 1 every 2-3 years maybe.

Of course the rating visibility thing is a bug, but I think beyond that that the production rates, even for 'top' youth facilities are right.

In my opinion, if you have a 'top' youth facility, then this should bring up the bottom level of your youth players, as in basically everyone coming through at Man Utd should be good enough for lower end of championship/ top of League 1, but it shouldn't have too big effect on the best players, you should still only get a top quality one every 2-3 years. The rest should just be squad players.

There's a bug at the moment where the players come through with a low star rating for potential. Sign them up so they are no longer in your youth candidates and then check their ratings.

i got my youth manager to offer contract to the ones he felt the need to. they were two cracking players. the others, he didn't give a contract but i thought i knew better so chose another 2. they stayed as 1 and a half stars.

i think its a case of listening to the Youth manager more.

In my Rangers save only in the first season i've got a player worthwile which became my best striker ever since he was 16. Big target man with good stats 4 stars. In my second year only busts, funny enough my facilities were upgraded. My Youth Director signed a young welsh prospect by himself which developed quite nice. But ever since then, only random useless players with good stats in the wrong places.

In time after the first season, and the upgrades i've changed the youth system coaches with better ones. And nothing...poor players all around

I don't see a probelm with that, I can't think of many Premier League IRL clubs that routinely promote 1 youth team player each year, who is genuinely of first team (3.5 - 4 star) quality. 1 every 2-3 years maybe.

Of course the rating visibility thing is a bug, but I think beyond that that the production rates, even for 'top' youth facilities are right.

In my opinion, if you have a 'top' youth facility, then this should bring up the bottom level of your youth players, as in basically everyone coming through at Man Utd should be good enough for lower end of championship/ top of League 1, but it shouldn't have too big effect on the best players, you should still only get a top quality one every 2-3 years. The rest should just be squad players.

Oh yeah, not suggesting it's anything other than a bit of bad luck on my part, just observing that just because your whole youth intake is rated at 1.5 stars doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bug - they might just be crap. :)

Didn't know that.

So you really have to sign all candidates then?

Give them +5 to everything in your head, and if they are still unimpressive in key areas + have poor non-weighted attributes and/or poor Determination/personality, why bother?

Sign those who would at least become decent top division players given an attribute increase of +5 over the board, if you experience this bug. I haven't as you can see above, although the last season's intake was poor so I might take a look at all of them come March.

Archived