Why does it do this?!?!?!

^Goose^

Thanks for the tips but it hasn't worked. I verified the cache in steam and also deleted the cache folder is C:\users\me\appdata\sportsinteractive\football manager 2013 and but the problem persists.

The way only to rectify it is to delete that facepack and the whole appdata folder before reloading the game. It's really frustrating.

Delete the files from this folder:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013

Load the game and it will be fine, this happens when the game updates the skin.fmf I think.. The settings will default so you will have to redo your in-game settings (only takes a minute)..

Update:

If your not using the default game skin you probably have a settings folder inside fm2013-widgets or fm2013 (the default skin's folder), delete the config file from the settings folder(s) and this should fix the problem, I had the same issue..

Delete the files from this folder:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013

Load the game and it will be fine, this happens when the game updates the skin.fmf I think.. The settings will default so you will have to redo your in-game settings (only takes a minute)..

Update:

If your not using the default game skin you probably have a settings folder inside fm2013-widgets or fm2013 (the default skin's folder), delete the config file from the settings folder(s) and this should fix the problem, I had the same issue..

Thanks for that but which file and folders are you talking about specifically? I couldn't find a config file or a widgets folder. I'm running the Steam version if that makes a difference.

Archived