Asking Price too High

I have a player who's value is 1.8m. I have just come to the end of my first season and I want to sell him as i have been promoted and dont think he is good enough for the premier league. I offered him out at 1.8m and people said that was too high, fair enough. However since then i have lowered and lowered the price until now its at 300k and apparently that is still too high!

Its not like he has been rotting away in reserves or not playing for me all season, he has had regular games and scored goals (actually scored the winning goal to send me up to the prem in the playoff final).

How is it that computer controlled teams always have total control over transfers? If another team had a player i was interested in and they had an asking price, there is no way i would be able to get this asking price down by 1.5m or more so why are the computer teams able to do it to us as a human player?

It's more of a case of the player wanting to buy players that the AI doesn't want to sell...

And the AI not wanting to buy players the player would even deem not good enough.

Bottom line is, you don't have to pay the prices they ask and can quite effectively bring the price down with some unsettling etc, just like in real life.

And the opposite is true also... the AI doesn't feel the player is worth what you say he is so don't want to pay it.

There are many times that the AI has set an asking price and through the media and the negotiation process i have tried to get the price down but i have never been able to shave more than a few hundred thousand off the price. Also it isnt me who has set the value of the player, the AI has done that itself. So maybe there is a problem with valuations on this game?

I have no problem whatsoever selling players, I sometimes it feels like I can't even supply the demand for fresh flesh out of my player factories. Gotta say I have quite a few leagues running, maybe that's more likely to have an active transfer market?

You could post a screenshot of the player and of his transfer status, too.

You might have more luck if their contract is longer. If they are in the final year I find the AI doesn't pay a lot of big money. They know you need him off your wage bill and that sometimes it's more valuable to get rid of him at any price to save money in the long run.

You might have more luck if their contract is longer. If they are in the final year I find the AI doesn't pay a lot of big money. They know you need him off your wage bill and that sometimes it's more valuable to get rid of him at any price to save money in the long run.

I mean i will sell him at whatever i can get because ultimately i just want his wages off my bill so i can sign someone else

Archived