Undesirable Traits of Players

To be honest, I've not seen those PPM's and didn't even know they existed.

All PPM's can be managed with care and attention, but you have to ask yourself, much like real life, do you have the time for it and do you want to babysit your leading forward?

If they are truly great players and you think they can be key to your success and you have the time to do it, then get them. If you fail to tick just one of those boxes, then I'd suggest that you're asking for trouble.

As for other negative ones.... well, anything as obvious as the ones you listed shouldn't need a comment, but others will be position relevant. A DC with poor passing, creativity, compose and decisions wouldn't do well with "dwells on ball" or "holds up ball" or "plays way out of trouble". A slow wingback wouldn't do well with "knocks ball past opponent" or a winger with poor dribbling skills wouldn't do well with "dribbles often".

So, look for PPM's that go against their skills (of course you can train skills or try to remove the PPM) and then look for PPM's that do not compliment the position (look for passes rather than shooting on a poacher).

He didn't mean PPMs.

He meant the specific weakness in Scout/Coach report screen.

In FM11 I used to search for players that didn't have low consistency, injury proneness, etc. But now I'm ok if young player is not consistent or when he doesn't like to play in big matches. It will get better if you play him in matches or find him a proper tutor.

But I still try to avoid players that are injury prone. I don't think it could get better, And players that are injured for half of the season are not good for my teams.

Selfish players could be good if they are supposed to be your main scorers (CRonaldo, ...). They will probably waste many chances by not passing to open team mate, but if they are good, they could dribble through the defense and score for themselves. On the other side, if they are not so good, they could lose possession more often.

And other weaknesses depend on the player. I wouldn't use central defender, who is weak in air because I like to have big and strong CDs. But if it is on my winger, I'm OK with it.

tbh i'm having a hard time finding youngsters who are not injury prone or inconsistent. I guess this is something that is worked on through fitness training / tutoring while they grow up? it would make sense that a 15 year old is more injury prone, his body's not fully developed.

am I thinking well? can anyone confirm this?

tbh i'm having a hard time finding youngsters who are not injury prone or inconsistent. I guess this is something that is worked on through fitness training / tutoring while they grow up? it would make sense that a 15 year old is more injury prone, his body's not fully developed.

am I thinking well? can anyone confirm this?

Unlikely (unfortunately), I think if you're injury prone you'll always be so. Good facilities, physios, training and not playing with a very low condition will all help to mitigate injuries though.

Anyone ever seen a regen GK with more than 10 for teamwork?

Working as a unit for a GK just isn't important for regens! (they use communication to the same end though so it's all good!)

Archived