Turning Shots into Clear Cut Chances

I am trying to get to grips with the new ME and I have read all the posts on roles, shouts etc so I hope someone with more savvy than me can help me out. I am quite pleased with the design of my tactic so far and I am in fact unbeaten with West Brom after six games in season one. However although I have dominated a few times, I can not turn my superiority into goals. The last two matches played I had a combine total of 42 shots, with 19 on target but only 2 CCC's. My tactic and team instructions are below, if you can spot something glaringly obvious please shout up.

teamsettings.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

playerroles.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking at your set up I would say that you don't often see too many of your players in the opposition box at once which means that when an attacking player has the ball in a promising position, his only real option is a hopeful shot. Neither of your attacking midfielders are encouraged to get into the box and the wide midfielders will stay wide as they're instructed to get forward into crossing positions.

Try switching your Trequartista to either a second striker or attacking midfielder set to attack. Also consider pushing one wide midfielder up into an inside forward position and have his fullback perform a wingback role. If either wide midfielder is an excellent crosser, they're probably better in a support role where they'll prioritise a through ball ahead of a cross.

Archived