Frustrated Oldbie here...

I really have tried to avoid doing this, I'm SI's biggest advocate and though I had a similar problem adapting to FM12 I got there in the end, but several months on from release I have to say it: I am absolutely and utterly fed up with this game.

Never mind it having 'an overhauled tactical system which means you have to approach each game with a different take on things, to adapt to how each team plays' - how's about you let it do the simple things? Like tell my competent footballers how to track a man? Put a tackle in rather than watch players dance around me? Play forward passes when you're around the box rather than back to the goalie? (when using attacking tactics!) Pass to players when using "short passing" rather than insisting on hoofing it up the pitch when there's no-one up top? (and I'm not talking vs FC Barcelona and the like here, I'm talking Port Vale, Morecambe, Huddersfield, etc

I seem to hit the woodwork an unusual amount, since starting season 3 every goal I've scored in the opening games have been chalked off for offside (fine but I don't play poachers and ppl who play off the shoulder of the last defender nor are any of my team capable of anything resembling defence-splitting passes...) and my defenders who are more than good enough for this level (Championship) just don't seem to know their arse from their elbow!

Surely I'm not the only person who's finding this problematic? I've played CM and FM since 2001 season and frankly its sapping all the enjoyment out of the playing experience and I'm finding myself for the first time in over 10 yrs of playing getting so frustrated with the game, I'm getting bored of it...

If you'd bothered doing some reading before you posted you'd know that all your "issues" have been reported and acknowledged multiple times and that we await updates which hopefully will address them.

Okay, in fairness to you this had slipped a long way but should confirm what I've said http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339887-Match-Engine-Update-13.2.1-ME-1325-Constructive-feedback-here-please

The bugs forum is also a good place to find out if things you have issues with are being addressed.

Never mind it having 'an overhauled tactical system which means you have to approach each game with a different take on things, to adapt to how each team plays'

That sounds like some PR/Sales muppet in a suit thing said. They've never played the game because it's simply not true. I never adapt anything game to game except for squad rotating and I'm damn good at this game. :) Ignore it and sales pitches like that.

But I hear you on the OTT woodwork and the match not looking perfect to the eye, but hopefully it's being worked on.

If you'd bothered doing some reading before you posted you'd know that all your "issues" have been reported and acknowledged multiple times and that we await updates which hopefully will address them.

Wow. As a moderator, what a welcome to the 'Official' forums.

Funnily enough, I don't have enough time in my life (having a job, a family, as well as this game - I know it's a rare thing I'll let you off... :p) to read every post in every forum, to know about known issues.

Frankly the very fact that there are these known issues is as far as I'm concerned appalling. As I said before I'm a seasoned player of these games and I'm used to there being a few niggles to get ironed out at release, but I've not known it as bad as this since Championship Manager 4. So are we just to sit back and shut up and put up with it for the time being?

Sorry your attitude astounds me. I'll head back to TD I think.

Wow. As a moderator, what a welcome to the 'Official' forums.

Funnily enough, I don't have enough time in my life (having a job, a family, as well as this game - I know it's a rare thing I'll let you off... :p) to read every post in every forum, to know about known issues.

Frankly the very fact that there are these known issues is as far as I'm concerned appalling. As I said before I'm a seasoned player of these games and I'm used to there being a few niggles to get ironed out at release, but I've not known it as bad as this since Championship Manager 4. So are we just to sit back and shut up and put up with it for the time being?

Sorry your attitude astounds me. I'll head back to TD I think.

I've given you a link to a relevant thread and would also refer you to this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/344847-The-current-status-of-the-next-Update

Archived