So I come back after weeks and...

I'm like this game is fixed now, I'm sure SI have fixed it. So I start a save, play my 3 first friendlies, looking fine so far. Then my fourth and last friendly my goalkeeper makes a giant drop. I'm like well, **** happens for everyone. Then my first game in the league he does the exact same thing.

around 0:19

You must be kidding me?

I'm like this game is fixed now, I'm sure SI have fixed it. So I start a save, play my 3 first friendlies, looking fine so far. Then my fourth and last friendly my goalkeeper makes a giant drop. I'm like well, **** happens for everyone. Then my first game in the league he does the exact same thing.

around 0:19

You must be kidding me?

I loled.

yeah. no patch. no updates on a patch. SI taking the preverbial imo right now. and its pointless asking for any news when the mods on here close every thread that raises a question to SI

Really?

So you missed the thread at the top that have us an update about the next patch?

Really?

So you missed the thread at the top that have us an update about the next patch?

A thread that when stripped down to its base comes down to "Yo guys, patch not ready yet after a month, we don't know when it will be ready. Mods! keep on closing threads from disgruntled customers!". It isn't hard to see why many on here are annoyed, for a lot of us Fm is the only game we play for such a ridiculously long time and this year has been the worst in recent memory in regards to how playable the game is at this point. Do not get me wrong, I'm not one of them that go "OMG THIS IS UNPLAYABLE!FIX!!!!111ELEVEN!" but the game in its current state is below par in a lot of ways and our frustration is only increased and/or multiplied when we see the match engine produce a truly brilliant sequence of play only for the next player in the chain to shoot a ******** shot from 30 yards that doesn't even pretend to be on target. I was one of the ones that started asking whether we paid for a full release only to become beta testers and while it may be a bit harsh, you have to understand where we are coming from and honestly after this long and no new patch, it certainly feels that way.

Yes the version we are playing now needs fixing. That much is obvious. What would you prefer though, a quick fix that covers up the current flaws but creates new problems entirely because it wasn't tested properly OR a fix that FIXES the problems we currently have and that WORKS at the top as well as bottom levels of football because it was thoroughly worked on and tested?

I know which one I want, so I'll wait until they release the proper fix.

A thread that when stripped down to its base comes down to "Yo guys, patch not ready yet after a month, we don't know when it will be ready. Mods! keep on closing threads from disgruntled customers!". It isn't hard to see why many on here are annoyed, for a lot of us Fm is the only game we play for such a ridiculously long time and this year has been the worst in recent memory in regards to how playable the game is at this point. Do not get me wrong, I'm not one of them that go "OMG THIS IS UNPLAYABLE!FIX!!!!111ELEVEN!" but the game in its current state is below par in a lot of ways and our frustration is only increased and/or multiplied when we see the match engine produce a truly brilliant sequence of play only for the next player in the chain to shoot a ******** shot from 30 yards that doesn't even pretend to be on target. I was one of the ones that started asking whether we paid for a full release only to become beta testers and while it may be a bit harsh, you have to understand where we are coming from and honestly after this long and no new patch, it certainly feels that way.

Exactly.

And yes i missed the sticky at the top as i have given up expecting news from SI. Still what were we told patch could be any time or not at all. Never again will I believe the dev diaries or be hooked by new features. No more money to SI from me.

Yes the version we are playing now needs fixing. That much is obvious. What would you prefer though, a quick fix that covers up the current flaws but creates new problems entirely because it wasn't tested properly OR a fix that FIXES the problems we currently have and that WORKS at the top as well as bottom levels of football because it was thoroughly worked on and tested?

I know which one I want, so I'll wait until they release the proper fix.

We all know the ideal scenario you're proposing is unlikely to happen...

The game is too complex, and at this point of its development, too bloated I'm afraid, to be truly "fixed".

For it to be "throughly worked on and tested", SI would need much longer than an extra week or month... Come on, if FM13 was released as a glorified (and full-priced) beta, are we really to believe the third patch could be a magical fix after a few weeks of testing?

They're surely trying to fix things as well as they can, but the business model they have chosen has painted them into a corner, so it's always gonna be a "quick fix" policy... a coat of fresh paint on the increasingly numerous and glaring cracks, and let's hope it doesn't cause damages elsewhere.

In truth, the most disappointing thing is the "there's a feedback thread already" forum policy (or police?) that relentlessly tries to reduce criticism.

Even when it's whiny and rude rants, it's still valuable feedback that shouldn't be confined to a messy and ultimately pointless mega-topic.

Professional ranters and abusive threads will naturally get ignored over time, but there's no need to close every single topic where people have been discussing, even in a general/generic way, the flaws of the game.

In my opinion SI should accept the fact many in here are unhappy with FM13. Burying their head in the sand isn't going to make things better.

Just keep on working on the next patch and try to win the disgruntled customers over. With a product worth of FM name and tradition. Not with chinese moderation ;)

a quick fix that covers up the current flaws but creates new problems entirely because it wasn't tested properly

You mean like the one released Christmas eve that the vast majority are now stuck with until this "thoroughly worked on and tested" update is released?

We all know the ideal scenario you're proposing is unlikely to happen...

The game is too complex, and at this point of its development, too bloated I'm afraid, to be truly "fixed".

For it to be "throughly worked on and tested", SI would need much longer than an extra week or month... Come on, if FM13 was released as a glorified (and full-priced) beta, are we really to believe the third patch could be a magical fix after a few weeks of testing?

They're surely trying to fix things as well as they can, but the business model they have chosen has painted them into a corner, so it's always gonna be a "quick fix" policy... a coat of fresh paint on the increasingly numerous and glaring cracks, and let's hope it doesn't cause damages elsewhere.

In truth, the most disappointing thing is the "there's a feedback thread already" forum policy (or police?) that relentlessly tries to reduce criticism.

Even when it's whiny and rude rants, it's still valuable feedback that shouldn't be confined to a messy and ultimately pointless mega-topic.

Professional ranters and abusive threads will naturally get ignored over time, but there's no need to close every single topic where people have been discussing, even in a general/generic way, the flaws of the game.

In my opinion SI should accept the fact many in here are unhappy with FM13. Burying their head in the sand isn't going to make things better.

Just keep on working on the next patch and try to win the disgruntled customers over. With a product worth of FM name and tradition. Not with chinese moderation ;)

But its not valuable feedback any more is it? The issues are with 1325. They already have documented pretty much all the major errors. And that the ME in progress is already at least ME version 1328. In fact read back through the feeback thread, that last half is completely unproductive. They have already taken all the useful points from it. They dont need more feedback regurgitating the same points a month later on an ME that is at least 3 versions old in terms of testing.

This thread won't last long before the gestapo come and close it, we are not allowed to vent our frustrations in a constructive way anymore just sit and wait to get a playable version of a game that was released 3 months ago.:thup:

Tbh, when you start comparing mods to an organisation that facilitated the deaths of million, then yes, the thread wont last long.

So every time someone posts on here SI must reply?

I would much rather SI spend more time working on the next update than talking to customers about problems they most likely have already fixed but are currently trying fix problems elsewhere that have arisen because of previous problems

For all we know the problem of goalkeepers dropping too many clangers, signalstrength could have tweaked handling and now there is a problem with goalkeepers now have sticky fingers.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I feel this is true in developing.

Think of the match engine as a series of sliders. Say you tone down long passes a few clicks you pass shorter. If you lower probability of a goalkeeper dropping a cross or shot could then introduce super keepers who rarely make a clanger.

This will get closed..... for the simple reason that there is not one piece of constructive feedback or information here...

Nothing new , nothing to share, nothing useful.

Read Neil's sticky and he gives as accurate a prediction as he can as to when the update will be out... can't be anymore accurate as they don't know.. it will be ready, when testing is finished.. how long is a piece of rope?

If he says next week and it isn't .. I wonder how many of you will be on here with more threads saying he lied etc?.

I really cannot for the life of me understand the view point that the Mods are somehow blindly defending SI or the game when all we are are active forum users who enjoy the game, we all have our issues with the game and we all love other parts of it.

So please, will some of you think before you post? it won't add anything to the discussion and it certainly won't help your cause.

Archived