Take a look at my new £7.5m goalkeeper in action... Has to be seen to be believed

I don't think it has to do with the quality of the keeper. I play with Chelsea and Petr Cech does it maybe once or twice per season. Also I'm not sure if this happened in the OP's video, but when I've seen it happen, it's usually counted as an own goal against the keeper, even though the keeper does not appear to make any contact with the ball.

why is this not surprising....

i have the same problem with all my goalkeepers...

seen it from League 2, league 1, championship, EPL, Bundesliga...

it's like all my goalies decided to not bring their brains along during matchdays...

Between that one and the one where they just stand and watch it roll past them the goalkeepers are worse than useless in this version

I have seriously thought about starting a new save and playing without a goalkeeper a few times just to see what happens

I had a great one...

Reina watches the ball into his box...then kicks it just outside...then falls over...and then the oppo players runs around him and scores...all the while no other player does anything...

Before that I had him watch a long ball stop in front of him inside the box...he just stood there watching it...as an oppo player runs around him to score...this oppo player came from further away than at least 3 defenders...everyone else just stood around picking their noses...

Some of the ME antics are beyond hilarious...

And I dont know who wrote the physics engine but they need to go back to uni...j and u shaped flight paths (especially on calm windless days)...ludicrous...

My team scored a great one like this, got a free kick the AI keeper was for some reason at the edge of his area (maybe felt like he needed to whisper instructions in his defences ear) and my player took the freekick and just lobbed it over him, was brilliant.

The thing thats getting me with keepers (and defenders) is when an AI player with good dribbling just runs with the ball down the wing cuts into the box runs along the byline and literally dribbles the ball into the goal, my keeper makes some lame attempt to stop it but apparently the ball can go through his body and my defenders seem to forget that their job is to tackle.

Archived