[FM13] Rick O'Shea and his fair amount of Air Miles.

Generation-Next

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening. Whenever you're opening the thread! :p

I always tend to start a game and get bored soon. After reading all the amazing journeys that some of you guys have been on, it's inspired me to start a journeyman save!

(I will be using some formats from various threads throughout my journey! I hope this is alright!)

So, lets get started.

Leagues Loaded: A lot (see Below)

LeaguesSelected.jpg

After going on holiday, and rejecting all the early offers that came in for me. Havant & Waterlooville multiple times, Espanyol "B", and a 3rd division Portuguese side. I waited until I received an offer from a different continent. On the 18th of August Cheonan City, of the South Korean N-League, requested my services. I accepted their contract.

Seems like I am their interim manager though, as their chairman has offered me a contract until the end of the calendar year :D

Rick O'Shea

RickOShea.jpg

Cheonan_City_FC_logo.png

Cheonan City Football Club

History

CheonanBackGround.jpg

Transfer Budget: 16.55k

Wage Budget: 5,003

Current total wage: 5,313

Other Info

League table on my arrival

CurrentTable.jpg

Remaining Fixtures

Fixtures19thAugust2012.jpg

So since I'm obviously their choice to take the club to the end of the season, and no further, I'm just going to focus all of my attention on winning games and getting the wages under control. Won't be bringing in any more staff.

Lets get to it!

Another Liverpool supporter? SRL will probably sticky this thread. :D

:D Of course! Being born in Liverpool only gives me one proper local football team to support!

Good first post of the thread and good luck in South Korea.
Best of luck in South Korea :thup:

Thanks guy's I've a feeling I'm going to need it

A good place to start on a journeyman save - I hate the place though. No idea why, but I've just always found Korea to be an absolute chore on pentagon attempts. But best of luck on this one nevertheless.

Seems awfully complicated regarding promotion, but I think I'll get my head around it. Hopefully.

-

I'm off out for Food and a movie. Probably back at 6ish! Then I will get on with it!

I keep coming to thread late in the day so I will make sure to follow this one all the way from the start. Best of luck. Others have had good careers start in South Korea. Or should that be South Career?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mike7077 viewpost-right.png

I keep coming to thread late in the day so I will make sure to follow this one all the way from the start. Best of luck. Others have had good careers start in South Korea. Or should that be South Career?

Haha, I see what you did there! Anyway, thank's for jumping on board..

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x viewpost-right.png

Good luck in Asia!

Cheers pal.

Cheonan_City_FC_logo.png

September 2012

Results

September12.jpg

After the first result, I wasn't too concerned as I'd obviously just joined the club and the team hadn't played a game under my management yet. Also the fact that they were 2nd in the league made it bound to be a tricky fixture anyway.

Unfortunately though, the same could not be said for the game against Kimhae City. We were appalling from start to finish against a team who were 2nd bottom. My team didn't turn up.

Finally against Mokpo City, a team who were siting in a play-off place at this point, the team won their first points under my management. Everything came together, our first goal was a bit of a gift. Their keeper decided to pass the ball to my striker. Thanks :p

Mokpo City were also ahead of me in the table. I expected it to be a tricky away day. In all fairness it was a tricky match, but I managed to sneak in a late header.

Thankfully, my first month in charge wasn't how I expected it would be after my first 2 games. Time to improve going into October.

League Table

September12table.jpg

With 4 games remaining I still have a chance to chase down that 6th spot, though highly unlikely.

Other Info

I knew I forgot something in the first post, but according to my assistant manager, these are the current 'Key' players.

Park Joon-Hyun

Kim Jin-Sol

Cho Won-Kwang

Yep, top class players there Ass Man. Thanks, for your opinion.

Anyway! Onwards and upwards. Hopefully

All the best in your save. :thup:

Cheers buddy.

Cheonan_City_FC_logo.png

October 2012

Results

October2012fix.jpg

After what was a promising start to the month, which started with a 2nd hattrick in the space of 3 games for star forward Jung Suk-Keun, I really thought I could make a push for the playoffs. Obviously it just wasn't meant to be, I gave it my best shot.

My contract is up in December, and I can't see them offering me a new contract.

league Table

October2012league.jpg

I really had high hopes for this South Korean side, but the owners didn't have any intention of offering me a new contract, so I handed in my resignation.

Fast forward to November 29th.

Freamundeoffercontract.jpg

SC_Freamunde.png

SC Freamunde

History

Freamundehistory.jpg

Now what attracted me to 'The Roosters' was the chance to make what seems a huge jump, to the 2nd division in a big footballing nation. Being only one promotion away from 'Liga ZON Sagres'

I doubt that will be happening this season because I take over at the end of November and during their 19 games already played this season, they've picked up 5 wins, 5 draws and 9 losses. Which puts us 19 points off of a promotion place.

Here's the full table.

LeagueTableNovemberFremunde2012.jpg

More Info

I've inherited the youngest squad in the league, with an average age of 24 years old. Could be a reason why we're not doing to well, lack of experience?

We play our home games at the Complexo Desportivo do SC Freamunde.

Which is an all-seater and holds 3919 fans.

The training facilities are good. While the Youth facilities and Junior coaching are adequate, with average youth recruitment.

Finances

I've thrown in all the transfer budget into the wages, to try and help bring the wage total down a bit. We're still currently overspending on the wages though by around 1,500.

Balance: 367,885

Projected Balance: 475,000

Not a great situation to be in but it could be worse. Luckily we have no loans outstanding. So if I can get this wage down, get some more people coming to watch the games, hopefully I should be able to get that under control.

Key Players

Cepeda

Bock

Goncalo Silva

So, that's the quick update of who I'm now managing. The next update shall come at the end of the transfer window. Thanks guys :)

Current Air miles - 11,895

SC_Freamunde.png

SC Freamunde

December 2012

It was a month that was disappointing, but not too disappointing. I was expecting it to be a tough month. I needed to find out my best 11, and how I wanted my team to play. It took a couple of games to get that right. After that came though I started to pick up.

december2012Freamunde.jpg

Leixoes were top of the league when I played them, and it was a ridiculous game. I couldn't play who was my 'Best Keeper' in the cup, because of ineligibility due to being on loan. So I was quite excited to get to see my #1 in action. He was ridiculous. He couldn't catch a cold. During this match I realised I really needed to sign a keeper in January. Believe it or not, I was 2-0 up at half time in that match.

January 2013

January13Freamunde.jpg

It was a great January for me I feel. Picking up 7 points from a possible 12. Getting 3 of those against a team who currently hold a 14 point lead on me. The goal scored by Joel was a 30 yard miss hit :D By the looks of it, he didn't try and put it in the corner that it ended up in :D

The Atletico game was a mid table clash. They were a place above me, nonetheless I was happy to get the win.

Naval game was pretty woeful really. They absolutely dominated me, from first to final whistle. With a very later headed goal coming from a quick counter and cross.

Final game was Santa Clara, they were 10 ahead going into this match. I wasn't too miffed, they're a great side.

Feb13League.jpg

What the league looks like at the end of January. We need a mid table finish, so that is 5 points away. Can I make up the points?

Transfer Window

I had players coming in on January 1st. I made sure of that. Improving from the get go was crucial and I definitely improved the side with some cracking signings.

Mika - Brand new stopper, who I'm very impressed with.

Andre Gomes - My new APM. Makes Xabi Alonso type passes. Picking teams apart.

Esgaio - Truly inspired signing. Banged in two already.

Lionel Carole -Needed to sure up the defense. Great player.

So, if we can get a decent run going in February then I can see us really closing the gap on the top half.

Febfixs2013.jpg

SC_Freamunde.png

SC Freamunde

February 2013

A topsy turvy month. Like most of them have been so far.

Februaryresults2013.jpg

Vit. Guimaraes was a huge win for us. Literally, we picked up our biggest win of the season against them we dominated from start to finish as you can see.

The following two games were a big rubbish. Playing teams that we were huge favorites against. Failing miserably.

Finishing the month with a win thankfully, so picked up half the points on offer in February.

March

March2013results.jpg

BOSH Huge win against Benfica B. Who had Eduardo Salvio in the side!

Anywho. Penafiel were flying high when I played them, so a draw was a great effort from the side.

CD Aves was a strange game. I was 2-0 up at HT. They scored two late goals, to which I thought was probably just desserts for how we played in the second half. Then I lost to a 93rd minute goal.

We hammered Covilha up and down the pitch. A magical Esgaio goal made the difference though.

April

April2013Results.jpg

Only the three games this month.

CD Feirense were pretty much already promoted by this point (It was mathematically possible for them not to be, but they were in such good form). So a draw away was a great effort in my eyes.

Trofense also had a 9-ish point lead on me. I was firm favorites but it wasn't an easy win. They took a lot of breaking down and countered brilliantly. Keeper was on top form in that match.

Porto B, just annihilated me, and I'm lucky that I didn't lose by a much much bigger margin.

Remaining Fixtures

May2013Fixtures.jpg

Current League Table

April2013Table.jpg

I think it's been a promising latter half to the season. If I can build on the form that I brought to the team then I think we can push on next season.

Other Info

newofferFreamunde.jpg

I accepted it straight away. I think I can build this team into a great team.

Archived