Nit picking at its finest, but technically this should be a pen :P

Robert is correct. The line is technically in the box. However it could technically be an indirect kick for dangerous play and therefore taken from the line or anywhere else in the larger penalty area. It just cannot go directly into the goal. It must touch someone else first. If it does go in it should be a goal kick.

Sorry felt like a question from the ref test!

Robert is correct. The line is technically in the box. However it could technically be an indirect kick for dangerous play and therefore taken from the line or anywhere else in the larger penalty area. It just cannot go directly into the goal. It must touch someone else first. If it does go in it should be a goal kick.

Sorry felt like a question from the ref test!

He scored directly from it so it better not be an in-direct free kick!!! haha :p

He scored directly from it so it better not be an in-direct free kick!!! haha :p

Assuming it was technically a direct free kick from just outside the are, I would still argue it shouldn't count based on the Spurs player clearly lined up in an offside position, near enough to the keeper to be a distraction.

The camera is ages away from the play. Try another camera angle and you'll see the ball is behind the line.

I'm not really that bothered to be honest :p Just thought it was a funny little error that's all :p

And i'm glad you think so madsheep :p and yeah, you could argue he was interfering with play there haha

Archived