Player getting booked every game

In my Reading save I play Wanyama as a ball winning midfielder - defend. He constantly gets booked/sent off, he's had 16 yellows and 3 reds in one season. Can anyone help how i can stop him picking up so many cards. I don't really want to set his tackling to easy as he is meant to be my ball winner in midfield. How do i go about telling him how to stay on his feet when tackling as he seems to fly into sliding tackles.

I had a very similar situation in my Reading save with Jem Karacan and found that with his mixture of aggression and composure, it was just part of the nature of his game as a Ball Winning Midfielder. With some of the information that I have read recently in the tactics forums, a change to normal or easy tackling didn't really reduce his effectiveness, just how rashly he would throw his body at the opponent. I dialed him back to normal as a base setting and he makes it through a good 60 minutes or so without a booking now, at which time I dial him back to easy or sub him. Leaving your super aggressive player on the pitch without reining him in after a yellow card is not a good idea, though, especiially when you know to expect a second one at some point. But as with I found with Jem, I am sure your team plays much more inspired football with your BWM on the pitch than without.

Archived