FM13 Awards: Team of the Year Not Appearing

Makonnen

I have a Team of the Year award (three actually--two are age limited, one is not). No matter what, they are never selected in the game (that is, the award stays greyed out in the menu, it's never announced, etc).

I've both created from scratch and copied an existing setup, no go.

The country and continent are selected, the rules are set to

Squad of Players, Highest Average Rating, Of the Year, 1.1.2013, No Voting, Soccer Federation, Based Anywhere Nationals, Overall

Any ideas?

There seem to be two issues which I can see.

1) There is no date set for the award to be given

2) No formation is designated, might be worth changing it to see if it works if one is chosen.

Oddness. I set the USE STATS FROM to INTERNATIONAL, then for each of the three teams set different dates for two and no date for the third.

In the most recent test, played into 2018, and none of the teams have been selected. There are games each year--a mixture of Friendlies and Cup Qualifiers. Will keep tinkering, but any ideas?

My next move is going to be, instead of going on complete vacation, play as the national team's head coach, and see if that changes things at all.

Well, boo. Played as coach for Ethiopia until Feb of 2014. Same behavior.

I did notice one thing: Ethiopia is (and realistically so) set to a Game Importance of either "Not Set" or "Completely Useless." I am going to tweak that and see if that makes whatever triggers the award happen more regularly.

Is there any other nation which has a Team of the Year award? It could well be that either the game does not cater for a non-competition based team of the year award, or that it's an editor bug...

Archived