Liverpool 2nd season help

I'm in the second season using Liverpool. Though I was unbeaten in the first season,:cool: there were very few CCCs created (avg 3 p/m). I am using 4-4-2. (flat against strong teams and diamond against weaker team)

diamondee.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]diamondee.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]p><p><a  href=http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4796/442h.jpg' alt='442h.jpg'>

Can anyone please suggest a good tactic. You can find my team here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86501214@N06/sets/72157632615280630/

and my potentials here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86501214@N06/sets/72157632611369913/

And by the way, can anyone please suggest a way to get rid of joe cole and aquilani. No one wants to buy them even for free.:confused:

What exactly is the problem with your current tactic if you've gone unbeaten all season? (frankly, thats pretty incredible, apart from a few very very good players Liverpool can't compete with the big boys so to best them is amazing).

Well, the first problem is Suarez. When my TM flicks to him, he moves to the flanks and sends a cross into the box instead of running at the goalpost. As a result though he had 21 assists (16 league) he had only 21 goals (16 league) and surprisingly my Target men had 38 goals (28 league)(Kuyt 17(13), Carroll 14(9), Rondon 7(6)) and 12 assists (8 league) (Kuyt 6(4), Carroll 4(2), Rondon 2(2)). And he doesn't seem a good clinical finishers. He hardly scored any 1v1s.

Of the 97 goals only 46 were scored by my strikers. 26 goals were scored from set pieces (will go around 35 if you include the chances due to deflections). The rest were actually long shots by my midfielders. I feel it had more to do with luck rather than my tactics.

And this is not the exact tactic I used in the last season. I switched to BPD(D) from DLP(D) and DLP(S) from BPD(S) because the new defensive midfielder (Fernando) is not good enough to be the prime playmaker. (I sold Lucas for $30 mil to inter in first transfer window. I bought Kwado Asamoah as a replacement for $23 mil and the sold him for $35 mil in the next season. Later I found Fernando for $4 mil.

I also switched the FB from S to A due to the high defense in the centre. But I'm going to switch them back as we are getting screwed on the wings.

Plus, my scoring chances in the matches against the other 5 big teams were always lesser than them though my possession ranged from 55-60%.

And the current team is a bit different from last years. Check the link. I've edited the previous post. And thanks a lot for replying.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the first half of the season using the diamond. Changed my FB(A) to FB(S), DLP(D) to DM(D) and WM(S) to WM(A). Now there are hardly any good passes coming from the back. The Big man/ Little man partnership doesn't seem to exist yet. The AM usually goes missing from the game. Gerrard's avg rating is just 6.8. I'm not sure whether I should be using WM(A) or W(S). Could anyone please differentiate between them.

Downing's and Carroll's attributes are declining. I'm planning on selling them. Henderson seems to be better at being a BBM than a WM. If I sell Carroll, there will be no back up for Rondon. And there seems to be no one who is able to play as a LM in the Market.

Now I'm in January Transfer season. I sold Skertel and reduced Gerrard's wage. Now I can afford $90 mil in transfers. Kagawa is joining in July

So you won the league unbeaten, then made some changes to your tactics and it doesn't work as well?

Surely the answer is obvious...

How badly are you doing in the 2nd season anyway? ie. Where are you in the league?

I'm third. League standings is not the problem. Its the performance. Out of the 15 matches won, 12 were by 1 goal. I am having quite afew draws against the weaker teams. Even last season out of the 27 matches I won in the league, 21 were by 1 goal. I know the tactics are good, but it doesn't go with the current players I have at disposal and don't want to go around selling half of my squad.

Archived