Player's Attributes on Spreadsheets

Is there anyone else out there who makes spreadsheets for their players and possible signings or am I the only :osad person who does this?

I decide on the 10 most important attributes for each position (weighted in the spreadsheet) and another 10 less important attributes and work out a total for each player. The biggest problem is getting the attributes from the game into the spreadsheet. I only sign players who have quite a few points more than my existing players (except for youngsters who are likely to improve a lot. It may sound a lot of work but it can save signing players who look good on the scout's recommendation but are no better than your existing players. I'm playing as a LLM at present and 300 points or more is a good player while a good Premier League player would be over 500 points.

I think when the game is calculated just as much on hidden attributes as it is on the basic attributes we can see, it's less useful than it sounds, however its far from sad in that its just working out a way in which to improve your enjoyment of the game, and it sounds as though it works well for you, so keep doing what youre doing dude.

I agree with Gogogo Golem though, I would like to see these spreadsheets, if only to evolve my own :)

In my defence I should say that I am partially sighted and putting information on a spreadsheet allows me to increase the size of the text.

I don't know if you can load spreadsheets to the forum so I've taken a couple of screen shots to try and illustrate the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheets and screenshots are from my Newcastle game in FM12, results here, but the principles are the same.

The first image is the top of an advanced forward's page.

http://i.imgur.com/hCqK2Uc.jpg

The grade is calculated by giving a weighting of * 3 to the first five (most important attributes) and a weighting of *2 to the next five.

The raw data is typed into the area at the bottom, shown here. The advantage of doing it this way is that this raw data can be copied to another position if the player can play in more than one position. The raw data is converted into a grade and average in the line just above. You can then compare his grade with your existing players.

Ayin Iskar is an example of a regen I bought using my spreadsheet info and you can see from the screenshot here that he turned out really good.

I also have a page where the players are shown in their positions for a particular format as here. This is done automatically and can be used for more than one formation.

You could save the page to file (using the option in FM) and then do some work on that file to get it into an Excel-able format. Only problem is that in my experience the page to file feature doesn't always work as it should. Plus it's pretty time consuming. If there was some kind of one-click CSV export, or even (wishful thinking) some kind of one-way API to access the database easily, that would be wonderful, and give the proper statto's some ammunition to get some interesting results out of the game.

Just had a quick look at this myself, easiest way seems to be to go onto the player's training screen, save the page to html, then copy the resulting stuff into the spreadsheet program of your choice.

Might take a little while, but I may set something up for my current Parla squad since it's currently a small squad.

Just had a quick look at this myself, easiest way seems to be to go onto the player's training screen, save the page to html, then copy the resulting stuff into the spreadsheet program of your choice.

Might take a little while, but I may set something up for my current Parla squad since it's currently a small squad.

Or you could print screen as a text file, then in Excel import it via the data tab, and select the pipe delimited and it'll import it with all the stats you need. Very quick and very simple. Name that your data tab, then on the second tab you can interrogate the data allowing you to re-import into the data sheet and automatically updating the second tab without having to make any changes.

Simples.

I also do spreadsheets, have tried importing the information (Using Print Screen as text File, and then importing to Excel), but have found it is actually more work than how I do it myself.

What I do is set-up my own views with the attributes I want, filter by position (May need to send some players to reserves so they don't appear incorrectly, so ensure to save, and reload to avoid annoying players), then put it in windowed mode, open my excel spreadsheet over this and start copying the data into it. Admittedly, this is the simplest of my spreadsheets.

I also run a spreadsheet for my players stats including Starts, Subs, Goals, Assists, Conceded, Clean Sheets, MoM, Cards & Avg Rating, and then have totals for each division I play in, and then an overall spreadsheet, then use this to compile my All Time leaders in each of those above stats.

Archived