Player looking for a new challenge...

I've recently seen some players "looking for a new challenge" and I've tried to sign them. They're not too good for the club but would be getting regular first team football.

They never want to sign though, I would think that when a player has maybe one or two years left he would want to go to a club that 1) Gives him first team football, and 2) Would be a nice challenge for them to compete in.

I'm guessing that they still want to go to a team with the same or higher reputation of their previous club, I think their expectation should be lowered as they would more than likely keep getting worse as they go into their last years.

I've seen this more times than I can remember, old players who join a new club who are obviously not good enough to play with them, and then they request a transfer as they're not getting any games. Then they retire with no more than 10 games in their last 2 seasons.

Hopefully I've been clear on this. If you think this is a good idea or you think it needs improvement, please comment and tell me ways to improve on it. Otherwise, please keep your opinions to yourselves. ;)

Archived