Stopped playing for years... Is it worth it now? Does it work?

From CM 99/00 I played faithfully till around 2009. Then it just got too complicated. When the whole stam thing started and the DRM, I just gave up. My issue: I live in south korea, where the game is impossible to find. No store carries it, despite it being released here.

The Bumkicker is that Steam doesn't allow me to download to my location, so The only option is to spend another buttload of money to have it shipped here.

I've heard the Classic thing is like the old days, so I'm kind of temepted, but the question is: is it worth it? Will it update without the blasted Steam account? the last version I bought was bricked by steam. even though I had the physical copy, it wouldn't let me patch it due to region issues.

Will it work, is what I'm asking?

dking... been here since 2007, how many threads on the merits of steam have you seen on these forums alone, please don't derail the thread into another one.

OP, Steam in mandatory to install and launch the game, once installed, you need not ever be online again though to play.

dking... been here since 2007, how many threads on the merits of steam have you seen on these forums alone, please don't derail the thread into another one.

OP, Steam in mandatory to install and launch the game, once installed, you need not ever be online again though to play.

But Steam doesn't work in Korea... it says "this game is not available in your region". Can't even SEARCH for FM, the search query comes up with no results. If I copy and paste the actual link to the Demo on Steam (found on another website), it will not even let me install the demo: "this game is not available in your region".

There' no way I'm spending the cost of the game plus the cost of shipping to get a disc I can't even use because Steam dislike's my region.

Forget it, SI, I'll continue giving my gaming money to other companies.

Why must we have Steam to activate it? It doesn't stop piracy.

Nothing will. It deprives piracy though. Case was that pre bought games were cancelled orders because pirate game was available.

No longer the case, pre bought football manager remained, increased revenue for SI and Sega.

Steam works. It helps. And if people aren't stealing the game, it means more sales.

Nothing will. It deprives piracy though. Case was that pre bought games were cancelled orders because pirate game was available.

No longer the case, pre bought football manager remained, increased revenue for SI and Sega.

Steam works. It helps. And if people aren't stealing the game, it means more sales.

more sales? Losing sales in the entire continent of Asia is what they are doing.

• Administrators
If you activate it with the CD, the game will work. You just can't buy it directly on the steam store IIRC.

Please don't spread false information if you don't know for sure. That's completely untrue. All versions must be activated via Steam.

Why do some think it is steam or SI's fault? Perhaps it's something to with South Korean trade law?

I can't see either wanting to lose business deliberately.

it is to do with trade laws . and the problam is going to hit far more of us very soon . with new trade laws hitting more and more countrys .

the reason being .. steam is a of shore company that do not pay any tax at all .. like the usa banned most of shore poker sites in 2006 . steam will go the same way very soon ..

From CM 99/00 I played faithfully till around 2009. Then it just got too complicated. When the whole stam thing started and the DRM, I just gave up. My issue: I live in south korea, where the game is impossible to find. No store carries it, despite it being released here.

The Bumkicker is that Steam doesn't allow me to download to my location, so The only option is to spend another buttload of money to have it shipped here.

I've heard the Classic thing is like the old days, so I'm kind of temepted, but the question is: is it worth it? Will it update without the blasted Steam account? the last version I bought was bricked by steam. even though I had the physical copy, it wouldn't let me patch it due to region issues.

Will it work, is what I'm asking?

Jaap or Ronnie?

What's DRM?

now it doesnt worth playing, as the ME is based on shots from the moon as closest... but they are fixing it, but taking very long time.

maybe in a few days, maybe never, but definetely not now

To be fair, it's nothing new. I'd urge everyone who gets anal about it to buy FM in every March year to year when it's been tested thoroughly and patched, not November to November.

That said, I will buy it every release day, because I'm easily pleased and can live with the bugs, but that's just me.

To be fair, it's nothing new. I'd urge everyone who gets anal about it to buy FM in every March year to year when it's been tested thoroughly and patched, not November to November.

That said, I will buy it every release day, because I'm easily pleased and can live with the bugs, but that's just me.

And me....

Please don't spread false information if you don't know for sure. That's completely untrue. All versions must be activated via Steam.

I'm not sure what he says is true. But he DOESN'T say you don't need steam. He says that if you buy the disc, you can activate it through steam. You just can't buy it from the steam website.

I'm not sure what he says is true. But he DOESN'T say you don't need steam. He says that if you buy the disc, you can activate it through steam. You just can't buy it from the steam website.

You cannot activate it through steam if you cannot buy the game in your region. So advising anyone in that region that they can play the game is false information.

And me....

And me....

But enough of this oneupmanship. It is a shame that the OP can't use the game, but to blame SI or Sega or even Steam is probably wide of the mark. They're not going to make a conscious decision as a business not to sell in a particular territory unless there is a particularly good reason. In this case, it's probably Korea putting the brakes on and not allowing them to sell. Unfortunate, but unavoidable it seems.

I thought that Steam allows a hard copy of the game to be activated & installed from the disc even though it will not allow for the product to be downloaded in a locked out region, that was certainly the case for FM12 & I do not recall any change to that for FM13.

No no no, you misunderstood me. I mean activating on steam with the serial that came with game... just not buying directly at Steam Store.

I remember activating games that are unavaiable on my region, by asking a friend from another country to buy a retail copy for me and sending the key... though i'm not sure if this works with FM13, so sorry about that.

Archived