Installing steam and FM2013

Hi, my old computer was getting too slow so was given another computer. I want to install the game on this computer but I first need to have steam. When I try to install steam it says that it cant and that I should connect to the internet. The problem is, as you can probably tell, I am connected to the internet. I am at uni and steam doesn't like to work on this internet connection I don't think. I have limited control over my internet settings when I am up here so I understand that I might not be able to play the game for a long time which is rather annoying.

Any help is appreciated. Also you can ask me questions, but if they are technical be aware that I will ask you what I mean.

It is on an unlimited amount of downloading and streaming so will cost me no more than what it normally does. I would agree but as I'm able to do it for no extra cost then I'm fine with it. And it worked well so far. Will switch to offline like I normally did and go back to my normal internet connection. Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Archived