Strikers heading over from a yard out

This happens to me quite a lot. A cross comes in and the striker jumps higher than the crossbar and the ball goes miles over. In reality if a player was a yard out and met the ball with a header it would always certainly go in the net. Have other people seen this a lot?

This actually happens a lot in real life, the ball is slightly too high and the striker can get his head to it, but not high enough to head downwards.

It does happen but in real life a player will try to head down if he can get over the ball. In FM the ball always to spring off his head upwards.

doesnt help when it happend 5-6 times a game with players like Llorente

Llorente is actually my target man and yeah it happens to him a lot. You know when the ball comes over that he's too near the goal and it's going to go over.

I think CityAndColour has a point. The keeper should really be claiming these balls that come in under the crossbar.

In reality if a player was a yard out and met the ball with a header it would always certainly go in the net.

in reality players skill isnt described by number, and shot on/off goal isnt calculated by machine to know what the effect will be...

I can't remember the last time I saw a target man get over the top of a header and head it down with power and into the net (Mark Hughes style!). I too see an awful lot of headers float harmlessly over the bar. Too many? I don't play enough to really say for sure but it feels like too many! Headers on target seem too low.

Archived