Does Nation Youth Rating change?

Agree, that's a pity. Does that mean even if you play for decades or even 100 seasons the dominant nations will stay the same? Would be better if there was variation each year so you would get "golden generations" of talent coming through at different times and causing varying countries to have dominant periods, as in real life.

Is this nation youth rating visible in-game?

probably not in-game but I imagine there'll be something in the editor. Will check, brb...

EDIT: Yep, on the Nation > Information screen in the editor, there's a rating (out of 200) for Youth Rating. I've just had a look at a few nations; England are rated 140, Spain 152, Brazil 185, France 151, Luxembourg 35. ;)

Agree, that's a pity. Does that mean even if you play for decades or even 100 seasons the dominant nations will stay the same? Would be better if there was variation each year so you would get "golden generations" of talent coming through at different times and causing varying countries to have dominant periods, as in real life.

This! :thup:

If you look at the values in the editor it seems to resemble the nations later in game that dominate, mexico are rated high and after a few seasons they constantly produce high quality regens.

For FM12 and now FM13 I changed all these values to reflect what I think are the top producing football nations. The game does seem more balanced after doing this.

Archived