Swapping positions for more than two players?

I'm playing a 4-5-1 (or a 4-2-3-1 if you prefer to call it that) with 3 attacking midfielders behind a front man and 2 holding players behind them.

I want to have all 3 attacking midfielders swap positions amongst each other, however all I can seem to do is have two of them swap, leaving one of them static unless I manually swap them mid-game. Its pretty tedious so I end up just leaving it.

Is there any way to have three players switch about in this way or is it limited to two?

Its a shame. In Fm10 or 11 you could multi switch so it meant my Barca front 3 could switch all the way across and totally fubar defensive marking strategies.

Are you sure about this? Because, i think the swapping system always work the same way:

A swaps with B, so B swaps with A. I dont remember this beeing different in FM2010 and FM2011.

Are you sure about this? Because, i think the swapping system always work the same way:

A swaps with B, so B swaps with A. I dont remember this beeing different in FM2010 and FM2011.

Definitely in one of the previous versions, fairly sure it was 10, thinking about it I think I avoided Barca on 11 so more likely 10. I had ST (swap with AML) AML (swap with AMR) AMR (swap with ST).

Definitely in one of the previous versions, fairly sure it was 10, thinking about it I think I avoided Barca on 11 so more likely 10. I had ST (swap with AML) AML (swap with AMR) AMR (swap with ST).

It's funny, i never notice... and since FM2010 i always use this option to swap my two wingers! :o

Yes, in FM12 it was impossible, can't remember if the change was made in FM11 or 10. It's a shame :(

I like playing with 3 strikers ST and swapping them was awesome. :(

I remember it too. Setting player A to swap with player B didn't change the swap setting of player B, so you could then set player B to swap with player C aso.

-SnUrF

mmm...can't remember if it was this way.

I remember setting A to B. Both were set with the setting box set but the next step was to take C and swap it to one on the others two.

Well, i would already be happy if the swapping position feature would be working as intended. Last time i used it i realized that the swapping didn´t stop when you cancel it during the game. I don´t know if it still does.

But this "bug" would solve the problem with three players swapping each positions. All you have to do is to set up swapping before the game between Player A and B. During the game you set then Player A or B to swap with Player C. Because the previous swapping setting is still in active you would end up with your desired three player swapping.

I actually saw this myself several times (not intended!) when i used it last time. But i didn´t check if it´s still working with the latest patch. I hope not.

Maybe worth a try... ;)

Archived