Transfer Deadline Day

With the real-life deadline day approaching, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the in-game deadline days more exciting? In real life, they are enthralling, they have managers talking about all kinds of players, media frenzies, players flying all about the place. In game, for me personally anyway, it's always a bit dull. Not a great example, but look at FIFA. On deadline days in that game, they have a countdown clock and it advances an hour every time the player continues. It also has a counter for the amount of money spent on the day. It's little simple details like this that make it a bit more enthralling. I understand that they are completely different kinds of games, but with the advancements of FM in recent years, including especially the media aspects, I think more could be done to make certain dates on the calendar stand out, as opposed to dull messages coming through reminding you that "the transfer window closes tonight".

With the real-life deadline day approaching, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the in-game deadline days more exciting? In real life, they are enthralling, they have managers talking about all kinds of players, media frenzies, players flying all about the place. In game, for me personally anyway, it's always a bit dull. Not a great example, but look at FIFA. On deadline days in that game, they have a countdown clock and it advances an hour every time the player continues. It also has a counter for the amount of money spent on the day. It's little simple details like this that make it a bit more enthralling. I understand that they are completely different kinds of games, but with the advancements of FM in recent years, including especially the media aspects, I think more could be done to make certain dates on the calendar stand out, as opposed to dull messages coming through reminding you that "the transfer window closes tonight".

FM As this

as above, it is in the game, you get to answer 5gazillion questions about speculations & players that have nothing to do with your team on transfer deadline day. unless you decline the invitation. as i have since trying it a couple of times :)

The issue I see is that the AI doesn't seem to treat the transfer deadline as in important date. It just treats it as another day in which transfers can be done, without any sense of urgency. I never seem to see a lot of major, sudden transfers on deadline day, so without a revamp to the AI this wouldn't do much.

I could be wrong about the AI though as it is only based on my observations.

Archived