Has anyone else blown a lead this late?

Its been done in my favour only :D I was second in the table, 2 points behind Juventus with 2 games to go, 1-0 down against Juventus in Turin, until two goals in the 91st and 98th minutes gave me the win. There was only 5 mins added on.. :lol:

Are you fergie in disguise?

In the spanish cup, I was Espanyol, I was playing against Valencia, Valencia won the first leg 1-0 at their place.

In the return leg I, Espanyol, were 1-0 at 90 mins.

In the first half of extra time we scored twice to go 3-0 up, surely we cant lose now.

In the second half of extra time, Valencia managed to score twice, so we lost on away goals.

Gutted.

Nowhere near as bad as this but I've played Marseille 3 times this season now (2 league, 1 cup) and in every game I've lost 2-1, with us taking the lead and holding it for the majority of the game, Loic "Bloody" Remy scoring both of their goals, and the winner coming in injury time. Livid does not cover it. I kinda wish it was possible to tell your players to injure someone just so I won't have to suffer the inevitable.

It's instances like these where people want to smash up monitors.

Playing as Mansfield Town, 2nd round of the FA Cup. Oldham athletic away. I'm 2-0 up after some great counter attacking. Oldham use up all their subs and get an injury with 10 Minutes to go. Great 2-0 up against 10 men after weathering the storm. I come close to extending the lead buty in the 91st minute the get a goal back against the run of play and my CB is down. I saved a sub as they were all playing well. Bought on a CB who then proceededto make a mmistake and gift Oldham a goal in the 95th min.

Extra time ensues and I'm dominating and in complete control except their keeper must be on some sort of wonder drug. Then in the last minute of extra time I go through 1 on 1 with the keeper who saves it, keeps hold of it. Gets up and smashes it upfield. Flicked on by a CM and send some their lone striker through 1 on 1 with my keeper and buries it. Lost 3-2 and gave my strikers a right kick up the back side for messing up their finishes.

i cant remember losing that late in a game but i've snatched a miracle draw against celtic, 4-4 with the last two goals coming post 90mins. coming back after going behind hasn't happened too often this season, last season in the first div, just under 50% of all my goals scored were in the 76-90+ min bracket, it was crazy

FM12, year 2015 with my Darlington in Championship.

3rd turn Carling Cup against Oldham (L2), 0-0 regular time despite dominating over and over. Picked up the lead at the beginning of the extra time, at 120' total shots were 28-0 (!), then I was reached 1-1 at 121' and lost in the penalties.

28-1 total shots.

I really don't know who prevented me from throwing my notebook out of the window.

FM12 1st season semi final of the Europa League playing as Rangers got drawn away to Athletic Madrid. First leg in Spain we manage to get a credible 1-0 defeat. In the return leg managed to get into a 2 goal lead with 7 minutes left. 90th Minute cross into the box to Lee McCulloch open goal manages to blaze over. 92nd minute they come up the park and score the vital away goal gutted did not quite cover it.

In my current FM13 save I am Macclesfield in a horrific relegation dog fight I was 2-0 up against Accrington and was looking set for a win and our third straight win to give us a glimmer of hope only to be ripped apart and conceded 3 goals in around 12 minutes and even then missed an opportunity to draw level.....sickening. It wasnt as late as the OP but it wasnt a good feeling lets put it that way.

Balotelli......... Aguero.................!!! I Swear you'll never see anything like this ever again. so watch it, and drink it in.

i think that was a decent real life comparison

but no not in fm for me

Your right there. Not as late but i think Motherwell v Celtic in 05 is a better example. Only because it was the smaller team that had to score twice to change the championship winning result. Even more remarkable being a Celtic fan that scored the 2 goals.

It's instances like these where people want to smash up monitors. Playing as Mansfield Town, 2nd round of the FA Cup. Oldham athletic away. I'm 2-0 up after some great counter attacking. Oldham use up all their subs and get an injury with 10 Minutes to go. Great 2-0 up against 10 men after weathering the storm. I come close to extending the lead buty in the 91st minute the get a goal back against the run of play and my CB is down. I saved a sub as they were all playing well. Bought on a CB who then proceededto make a mmistake and gift Oldham a goal in the 95th min. Extra time ensues and I'm dominating and in complete control except their keeper must be on some sort of wonder drug. Then in the last minute of extra time I go through 1 on 1 with the keeper who saves it, keeps hold of it. Gets up and smashes it upfield. Flicked on by a CM and send some their lone striker through 1 on 1 with my keeper and buries it. Lost 3-2 and gave my strikers a right kick up the back side for messing up their finishes.
I actually had something similar in real life (kina but not really) :p cup final, 1st vs 2nd, my team vs my old team. they're 2-0 up. We take it 3-2 then its 4-3 to them. we equal 4-4. fe minutes left' i have 2 goals and 2 assists. they have an attack. fluke 1v1 save by our 2nd keeper (First GK injured) kicked long. cm flicks on to winger. early cross in and side bike by me. whistle blows after kick off and team suffocates me by piling on... in fm though. leading 2-0 with my lowly league 2 side against a championship borough in fa cup round 2. injury time is only 2minutes. they score on the counter and my squad becomes nervous/anxious. cb injured, throw it to contain and they pick another 2 up in a 'quickfire double'. all 3 very poor goals and much complacency...

1-1 draw with FC Bayern on some point at CL, I think it was at the quarter finals. I go forward with the 1-1 draw,I'm out with a 1-2 loss. Referee announces 3 minutes of extra time, I lose 1-2 with a goal that went in on the 98th minute.

I wish I had kept a screenie of that. Needles to say,I was not amused.

In the SPL i blown a lead in the same way 90' + . No defeats yet in the season and got blown by the last team in the league. They scored 2 times, me playing at home with Rangers, i was leading 1-0 and the match ended 2-1 for them. But it sometimes happens in football so you take it as it is.

Archived