Best way to give this specific demand?

Basically, I'm playing 2 up front this season, and quite frequently one of my strikers will burst in to the area, but instead of squaring it for an easy tap in for the other striker, they'll shoot, frequently missing. Both my main strikers have high teamwork and decisions stats. I know I can train them to look for the pass instead of shooting, but that's more of a long term solution. What can I do during matches so they might look for the pass in this specific circumstance?

There is a shout, "Work ball into the box" I believe.... could help in your case.

Nah, the problem isn't getting the ball in to the box. The striker is getting to around the 6 yard box and then shooting when there'd be a simple tap in if he squared it.

Well, then I guess apart from training that PPM, there is not much you can do... think it depends on the player Teamwork skill.

Maybe try changing the personal instructions, setting all kind of passes to max, and shooting to rarely ? :confused:

It never works properly with this ME the striker is more likely to shoot wildly wide or turn and pass it back to a midfielder standing in the centre circle

Some of the things seen make me think they are randomly added to artificially keep the scores low until they can get the ME working properly

If I use 'work ball into box' I can never get a happy medium between "we've got the ball in the box, let's keep it here. Why shoot and risk it leaving the box?" and "Oh my God we've got the ball in the box, job done, for God's sake man shoot. Don't worry about the tight angle or that defender right in front of you".

Archived