FM 2013 GALATASARAY Thread

iARDAs

b-789269-galatasaray.jpg

CLUB BACKGROUND

Founded in 1905, Galatasaray SK are a professional Turkish club currently playing in the Turkish Premier Division. The club play their home games at Ali Sami yen Spor Kompleksi Turk Telekom Arena and possess top training facilities and good youth facilities. The Galatasaray reserve team play at Florya Metin Oktay whilst the youth team play at Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi Turk Telekom Arena. The club also has above average junior coaching and an established youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Cim Bom and retains a fierce rivalry with Fenerbahce SK and Besiktas JK.

Having enjoyed their greatest spell of success during the 1990s, Cim Bom are undoubtedly one of the most succesful clubs in Turkey. Boasting a proud total of sixty-six competition wins, here are just some of their highlights: Galatasaray won the EURO Cup in 2000, won the Euro Super Cup in 2000, won the Turkish top division eighteen times and are nine-time runners-up, and won the Turkish Cup on fourteen occasions and came in second place five times.

CLUB INFO

Founded : 1905

Nicknames : Cim Bom, Sari Kirmizi

President : Unal Aysal

Financial Status : Rich

League : Turkish Super Lig

Continental Competition : Champions League

MAJOR HONORS

Euro Cup : 1

European Super Cup : 1

Turkish Premier Division : 18

Turkish Cup : 14

Turkish Super Cup : 11

Istanbul Professional League : 3

Istanbul Amateur League : 12

Turkish National League : 1

STADIUM

13-may%C4%B1s-2012-galatasaray-%C5%9Fampiyonluk-kutlamalar%C4%B1_262960.jpg

20-kasim-2012-galatasaray-manchester-united-maci_442194.jpg

Name : Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi (Turk Telekom Arena)

Built : 2011

Capacity : 52000

The First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Fernando Muslera : Muslera is the primary goalkeeper of Galatasaray and the Uruguay National Team. Also in real life, he is rated as one of the best 10 goalkeepers in this era. He was transferred from Lazio in the beginning of the last season.

25%20Muslera_B.jpg

Eray Iscan : Promoted from the youth academy. He is going to be your 3rd choice.

Ufuk Ceylan : He is a decent back up goalkeeper, but better alternatives might be found in the game.

Defenders

Gokhan Zan : A decent back up centre back. He is injury prone.

Dany Nounkeu : He signed for Gala in the beginning of the season. He is a decent defender, but since he occupies a spot for the foreigner limit, better alternatives might be found later in the game. He is from Cameroon.

13%20Dany_B.jpg

Hakan Balta : He has been in Galatasaray for the last few years, but his football declined in the last 2 seasons. He is a decent left back in the game, but perhaps better options might be found. He can also play as a central back if needed.

22%20Hakan%20Balta_B.jpg

Semih Kaya : Promoted from the youth academy last season, and arguably the best defender in the team. He is young and promising. He should be your first choice of centre back in the game.

26%20Semih%20Kaya_B.jpg

Emmanuel Eboue : One of the most popular faces in the squad. He was signed from Arsenal in the beginning of the last season. He will be your primary right back in the game. He represents the Ivory Coast national team.

27%20Eboue_B.jpg

Tomas Ujfalusi : Another well known veteran. Although slow, he is still a good defender in the game. You might want to look for different alternatives later on in the game, since his abilities will only decline. He was signed from Atletico Madrid in the beginning of the last season. Tomas is also from Czech Republic.

17%20Ujfalusi_B.jpg

Caglar Birinci : A fringe player at best. Plays as a left back.

Sabri Sarioglu : Promoted from the youth academy several years ago. He first started football as a right winger but later converted to a right back. He can play in either positions and would be a good substitute/starting player.

55%20Sabri%20Sarioglu_B.jpg

Midfielders

Hamit Altintop : One of the best Turkish players in the game. He signed from Real Madrid in the beginning of the season. He can play in various positions from right winger, to central defender, as well as a right back. A very good first team player.

4%20Hamit%20Altintop_B.jpg

Aydin Yilmaz : Promoted from the youth team several years ago. A good right winger and can also play in the left side as well. He will mostly be a good substitute but can also play in the starting eleven depending on your tactics.

7%20Aydin%20Yilmaz_B.jpg

Selcuk Inan : Could easily be one of the best Turkish players in the game at the age of 27. He was signed from Trabzonspor in the beginning of the last season. He is a very gifted central midfielder with the ability to defend and attack depending on your tactics. He can also be sold for a good price tag if ever needed.

8%20Selcuk%20Inan_B.jpg

Felipe Melo : He was signed from Juventus last season on loan, and he is still on loan in Galatasaray this season as well. He is a very good defensive midfielder or a ball winning midfielder. A very good assest for the team, but it would be hard to sign him when his loan expires. Felipe is from Brazil.

Albert Riera : Albert was signed from Olympiakos in the beginning of the last season. He is a left winger with vast amout of experience, but this season he is playing as a left back in the team. This will probably be updated in the next update. Riera is from Spain.

11%20Riera_B.jpg

Furkan Ozcal : He is a new signing for Cim Bom, but he will have trouble making it into the match squad.

Yekta Kurtulus : A very good alternative for the starting eleven. Depending on your tactics, he can play as a good attacking midfielder as well.

35%20Yekta_B.jpg

Engin Baytar : Another versatile midfielder. He can play in the middle as an attacking midfielder, or as a winger.

50%20Engin%20Baytar_B.jpg

Emre Colak : Another player came from the youth team. He is young and a very technical player. He can be a great central/attacking midfielder for the team.

52%20Emre%20Colak_B4491.jpg

Nordin Amrabat : Signed from Kayserispor in the beginning of the season. He is a energetic winger which will feature in your starting 11, if you prefer a tactic with wingers. Amrabat is from Morocco.

53%20Amrabat1_B.jpg

Forwards

Johan Elmander : Signed from Bolton in the beginning of the last season. A good forward with high work rate. He can easily be a starting 11 player, or a game changing substitute. Johan is from Sweeden.

9%20Elmander_B.jpg

Milan Baros : It's Milan's 5th season in the team but his football have declined in the recent years. In real life, he has not featured in a single game this season and has been training with the reserve team. He is still a decent striker in the team. It is up to you to keep him in the team or sell him. Milan is from Czech Republic.

15%20Milan%20Baros_B.jpg

Burak Yilmaz : Probably the best Turkish striker in the game. Currently he is the top champions league scorer which will probably give him some attribute boost in upcoming transfer patch. A very good striker that will grab you lots of goals. Burak is a new signing in Galatasaray, who signed from Trabzonspor.

18%20Burak%20Yilmaz_B.jpg

Umut Bulut : Another decent Turkish striker who is on loan from the French Team Toulouse. He will probably be a substitute in your game, but can deliver well whenever he plays. He has a buy clause fee when his loan ends at the end of the season. It will be easy to keep him if you want to.

19%20Umut%20Bulut_B.jpg

Upcoming Transfers in the new patch

Didier Drogba : Signed from Shanghai on free transfer. He will be with Galatasaray until the end of the next season. He also has a 1 year extension clause. Old but still as effective. Will be fun to have him in the team.

Didier%20Drogba%20forma1.jpg

Wesley Sneijder : Signed from Inter and he will be in the team for 4 years. One of the most deadliest midfielders in the game. A very fantastic signing as well.

270px-WesleySneijder2013.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to go with Gala, since I've never managed in Turkey before.

They seem to have a very nice squad with the new patch. Europe he were come!

2 questions though:

How much money does Gala start with for transfers?

What's the foreign player quota like in Turkey? How many are allowed?

I've just started with Galatasaray. Didn't make any transfers because post-Jan window patch, the team seems pretty well stocked in all areas. Gone with 4-4-2 as that seems to fit the best players best. Although I just lost 2-1 to Chicago in my first pre-season game & my wingers (Altintop & Riera) had a complete nightmare. Hope this is just a case of a new team getting to know each other.

Also, the foreign player restrictions seem crazy. You're only allowed something like 8 non-Turkish players in your match day league squad?! We have over that already, so unless there are any loop holes (are there?) it seems like I only need to bother to scout domestically?! Not sure how i'll deal with that in coming windows. There can't be that many Turkish players up to standard.

I've just started with Galatasaray. Didn't do make any transfers because post-Jan window patch, the team seems pretty well stocked in all areas. Gone with 4-4-2 as that seems to fit the best players best. Although I just lost 2-1 to Chicago in my first pre-season game & my wingers (Altintop & Riera) had a complete nightmare. Hope this is just a case of a new team getting to know each other.

Also, the foreign player restrictions seem crazy. You're only allowed something like 8 non-Turkish players in your match day league squad?! We have over that already, so unless there are any loop holes (are there?) it seems like I only need to bother to scout domestically?! Not sure how i'll deal with that in coming windows. There can't be that many Turkish players up to standard.

Get your junior coaching and youth recruitment improved and there could well be a few coming through your own ranks :)

Just started a game as these, looking forward to it. I can't imagine the league being terribly difficult so Europe will be the main challenge. Looking to bring some young Turks to the club, does anyone have any recommendations?

Just started a game as these, looking forward to it. I can't imagine the league being terribly difficult so Europe will be the main challenge. Looking to bring some young Turks to the club, does anyone have any recommendations?

TIPS FOR PLAYING GALA & TURKISH LEAGUE

A)

Most important !! Make sure you load the entire German League (with the lowest possible league included) French, Holland, Belgian and Swiss leagues, these leagues, especially the German league will be a gold mine for your future Turkish regens, ALWAYS have one of your scouts assigned to Germany, Germany is your gold mine.

B)

some good Turks to buy:

Alpaslan Ozturk (DR, MC, MR, AMR, DL- versatile & for the future)

Koray Gunter (Dortmund player, definitely buy him for the future)

Ilkay Gundogan (if he is not interested in the first year i'm sure you can buy him after a season or two, make sure he is in your shortlist, also a Dortmund player)

Emre Can (Bayern Munich youngster, he will not be interested to join at first, loan him and after the first year, you will buy him, he will not be cheap but buying this guy is very important for the future)

Kerim Frei (Fulham youngster, also for the future with great potential ability, have him in your shortlist and buy him at one point for sure)

Serdar Aziz/Omer Toprak/Serdar Tasci- you already have a great Turkish central defender- Semih, if you buy one of these 3 guys, you will do a wise job for the foreign player limitations

Okay Yokuslu- Young AMC with great potential, buy him and let Sneijder tutor him.

Adili Endogan- 17 years old young Turk from Switzerland- you must have the swiss league though- buy him for sure, this guy will improve greatly.

Gokhan Inler- not young and not cheap but always a great local option for replacing Felipe Melo

Jem Karacan- decent MC from Reading, could a useful squad player.

also;

Gokhan Tore, Samed Yesil, Muhammet Demir, Tolga Cigerci, Yunus Malli , Sercan Sararer are other "local" options for your turkish player rotation.

C)

The foreign player rule is 6 for the first year BUT WILL BE 5 after the first year, make your plans according to this, and this is why you should ONLY focuse on buying these turks first, quality foreigners is much easier to grab but the non-foreign player pool is not so big so try to buy most of the players above.

D)

4-3-1-2 is the way to go with Gala.

Muslera

Eboue-Semih-Transfer(?)-Transfer(?)

Hamit Altintop-Selcuk Inan-Felipe Melo

Sneijder

Drogba-Yilmaz

play with 3 MC's, Hamit will be your box to box, Selcuk Inan, deep lying play maker, Felipe is the ball winner, Sneijder the play maker, Drogba, well, he is Drogba, and Yilmaz, your Poacher.

E)whatever the reason might be, DO NOT BUY OR SELL A PLAYER TO/FROM fenerbahce

How does the board stand in expanding the stadium? and if willing, how big can it get?

Your stadium is already a brand new one with a capacity of 52,695 i dont think any expansion will be possible any time soon, but its not needed anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Türk_Telekom_Arena

I can't believe that this thread isn't busier with the addition of Drogba and Sneijder!

Anyway I'm into February of the first season and am loving Galatassaray. One reason for that is that the squad has allowed me to veer from my usual tactical choices on FM13 and create my first winger-less tactic. 4-3-1-2 is brilliant with this line up.

I canceled Melo's loan as he took up a foreigner slot and a lot of wage budget. I brought in Emre Can on loan and Veysel Sari to compete for the more defensive minded midfield slot and they have been excellent. I also went for De Sciglio from Milan on loan for full back cover.

My usual line up looks like this:

GK(Sweeper Keeper/support) Muslera (excellent keeper)

DR(Full back/auto or attack dependent on who is at DL): Eboue/Sabri

DC(stopper) Semih Kaya (excellent young defender who is developing well)

DC (cover) Nounkeu (really consistent performer who has pleasantly surprised me)

DL(full back/auto or attack) Hakan Balta or De Sciglio

MCr (B2B) Hamit (good performer but a bit moody, although he has just backed me to get a new contract)

MC (CM/defend) Emre Can

MCl (DLP/support) Selcuk

AMC (AP/attack) Sneijder although Colak has been good in support of him

ST (Complete Fwd/Support) Drogba

ST (Adv Fwd) Yilmaz (iincredible goal scorer)

Will update on results and season performance when its all said and done!

I'm off to buy a Gala shirt with Sneijders name on now. :D

TIPS FOR PLAYING GALA & TURKISH LEAGUE

A)

Most important !! Make sure you load the entire German League (with the lowest possible league included) French, Holland, Belgian and Swiss leagues, these leagues, especially the German league will be a gold mine for your future Turkish regens, ALWAYS have one of your scouts assigned to Germany, Germany is your gold mine.

B)

some good Turks to buy:

Alpaslan Ozturk (DR, MC, MR, AMR, DL- versatile & for the future)

Koray Gunter (Dortmund player, definitely buy him for the future)

Ilkay Gundogan (if he is not interested in the first year i'm sure you can buy him after a season or two, make sure he is in your shortlist, also a Dortmund player)

Emre Can (Bayern Munich youngster, he will not be interested to join at first, loan him and after the first year, you will buy him, he will not be cheap but buying this guy is very important for the future)

Kerim Frei (Fulham youngster, also for the future with great potential ability, have him in your shortlist and buy him at one point for sure)

Serdar Aziz/Omer Toprak/Serdar Tasci- you already have a great Turkish central defender- Semih, if you buy one of these 3 guys, you will do a wise job for the foreign player limitations

Okay Yokuslu- Young AMC with great potential, buy him and let Sneijder tutor him.

Adili Endogan- 17 years old young Turk from Switzerland- you must have the swiss league though- buy him for sure, this guy will improve greatly.

Gokhan Inler- not young and not cheap but always a great local option for replacing Felipe Melo

Jem Karacan- decent MC from Reading, could a useful squad player.

also;

Gokhan Tore, Samed Yesil, Muhammet Demir, Tolga Cigerci, Yunus Malli , Sercan Sararer are other "local" options for your turkish player rotation.

C)

The foreign player rule is 6 for the first year BUT WILL BE 5 after the first year, make your plans according to this, and this is why you should ONLY focuse on buying these turks first, quality foreigners is much easier to grab but the non-foreign player pool is not so big so try to buy most of the players above.

D)

4-3-1-2 is the way to go with Gala.

Muslera

Eboue-Semih-Transfer(?)-Transfer(?)

Hamit Altintop-Selcuk Inan-Felipe Melo

Sneijder

Drogba-Yilmaz

play with 3 MC's, Hamit will be your box to box, Selcuk Inan, deep lying play maker, Felipe is the ball winner, Sneijder the play maker, Drogba, well, he is Drogba, and Yilmaz, your Poacher.

E)whatever the reason might be, DO NOT BUY OR SELL A PLAYER TO/FROM fenerbahce

Your stadium is already a brand new one with a capacity of 52,695 i dont think any expansion will be possible any time soon, but its not needed anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Türk_Telekom_Arena

Great info for the game, you've inspired me to start a game with Gala and I will follow your transfer reccomendations!

The only issue is that Gala only start with 100k transfer budget :'(

Great info for the game, you've inspired me to start a game with Gala and I will follow your transfer reccomendations!

The only issue is that Gala only start with 100k transfer budget :'(

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you do what I did and cancel Melos loan you can move the budgets around to get over £2.5m and the squad is already strong enough anyway. Also the board handed me another £4.5m for the Jan window. Good luck. Having more fun with Gala than any other save on 13.

Oh and great tips by Capajr :thup:

Do people with Turkish as a second nationality count as Turkish in terms of league rules for number of foreign players, or are they down as foreigners? Got WAY too many foreign players at Galatasaray right now.

Do people with Turkish as a second nationality count as Turkish in terms of league rules for number of foreign players, or are they down as foreigners? Got WAY too many foreign players at Galatasaray right now.

I believe they do. That's why Germany can be a gold mine.

And yeah there are too many foreigners but Ujfalusi is old and Riera is pointless. I'd say that only Muslera, Sneijder & Drog are essential, although Eboue, Nounkeu & Elmander have all proven useful. Amraabt would be if I used wingers.

Left me in a bit of a crazy situation. I have my full compliment of allowed foreigners both in the starting line-up and the squad so it wouldn't let me sub my Turkish striker for Drogba mid-game! Pain in the butt!

I'd say that only Muslera, Sneijder & Drog are essential

Drogba's 4th choice for me! And i'm absolutely crapping goals. Those two Turkish strikers are awesome. I'll be letting Drogba go at the end of the season. Had an awful pre-season for me. Looks old, slow & past it to me! And i'm averaging nearly 4 goals a game without him.

Drogba's 4th choice for me! And i'm absolutely crapping goals. Those two Turkish strikers are awesome. I'll be letting Drogba go at the end of the season. Had an awful pre-season for me. Looks old, slow & past it to me! And i'm averaging nearly 4 goals a game without him.

Just goes to show how different saves can be. He's been excellent for me. Sure Yilmaz has scored more but Drogbas link up has been crucial in that. Bulut scores whenever he gets a chance too.

Bulut. That's the fella. Hoping I'll be able to sign him when his loan's up. Scored four by himself in my last league game. The other problem with Drogba is him being foreign - with my current selection I can't even bring him on for Bulut or Yilmaz because i'm using my full amount of foreign players in my starting XI and squad.

One great thing about the Turkish league though - over 300k just for winning a game?!

Straight 442. Just seemed the best formation for the players there to me. Zero transfer activity out or in. Liked the look of the squad as it was. Although I'll be looking to move on a few of the non-essential foreign lads asap. Probably in Jan. I'd happily give Riera away. We seem to be a few levels above the majority of the domestic sides. Only about 5 league games in, and the title looks like it will be a canter. Just lost Wesley Sneijder for two months, and i'm not overly fussed. I think we can still tonk sides without him. My wingers are scoring for fun (Amrabat 4 in 6 Baytar 3 in 5). Just be A.C Milan in the champions league too.

Get the feeling you could use Gala as a Porto type team. Big team to start at, do something in the CL and get offered Europe's biggest jobs, ala Mourinho?

Tough with the harsh foreign domestic rules. I know they don't count in the champions league, but I doubt many half decent foreign players would be happy to only be involved in Champions League matches.

I play Sneijder & Melo in midfield together. Inan is my benched midfielder. Only gets a game when one of those two is injured. Not a big fan of Altintop. I play Baytar on the right & he's got me 3 in 5. Altintop is my second choice behind him.

I'm never swayed by "names". I treat pre-season like an audition. I make sure everyone gets minutes, and the ones who have played best in pre-season, start the season proper. Drogba was atrocious, so he's my forth choice. And we've scored 17 goals in 5 league games without him.

I play Sneijder & Melo in midfield together. Inan is my benched midfielder. Only gets a game when one of those two is injured. Not a big fan of Altintop. I play Baytar on the right & he's got me 3 in 5. Altintop is my second choice behind him.

I'm never swayed by "names". I treat pre-season like an audition. I make sure everyone gets minutes, and the ones who have played best in pre-season, start the season proper. Drogba was atrocious, so he's my forth choice. And we've scored 17 goals in 5 league games without him.

Fair enough. I'd definitely advise trying to involve Selcuk more. He's a fantastic midfielder. Defensively & in going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone still playing with Gala?

I decided to give it a go, Galatasaray being my favorite club but it's been a while since I've played with them in FM. I've just finished the first season, and here is a recap.

First, transfers. I've decided to play realistically, so that means I won't transfer any foreign players under 24-25. Like IRL, I'm looking for confirmed foreign players. That's why I've signed on loan Kolarov. The only other transfer in was Alper Uludag, from Ingolstadt, a young promising left midfielder that will play as wing back. As for the transfers out, Engin Baytar (€1.9M) and Ujfalusi (€1M) were sold and I loaned Riera to Kasimpasa, but since he wasn't playing much I recalled him in january. He will be transferred at the beginning of the next season.

Now, the results. We've been imperial in national competitions, winning easily the league, the cup and the supercup. In Europe, after a successful group stage (1st, again Bayern München, Celtic and Valencia) we've lost in the first knockout round against ManU.

Concerning the players, Sneijder has been amazing, 12 goals and 19 assists for him! Drogba was amazing too, until he played the African Nations Cup. After that, he was kinda disappointing. I may sell him since it's his last year of contract.

My best goalscorer is.. Johan Elmander! 24 goals for him, even though Burak Yilmaz wasn't too far with 20 goals. Excellent season also for Selçuk Inan, Hamit Altintop, Nounkeu and Semih Kaya. Overall I'm satisfied in all the players, Gala has a very good squad.

For next season, I already have signed Jem Karacan (€12.5M, I know, too much, but quality turkish players are rare..) Douglas from Twente on free and a turkish newgen. Since the number of foreigner allowed in the first XI will go down from 6 to 5, I will probably sell Eboué since Altintop can perfectly play as wing back. Other probable transfer out are Riera and Amrabat, they don't have their places in the squad.

Can't wait to start the 2nd season and can't recommend enough this club for a save, really enjoying so far. ;)

Archived