AI managers - small squads

Issue has most likely already been mentioned by others, I just thought I'd tell you my version.

I'm currently in May, 2043, and yes, I've noticed top teams with 20 players in their squads. In my experience, this has only been the case with English teams. Everywhere else teams has full squads more or less, with the exception of Real Madrid for a few seasons. While I was surprised to see Man Utd go past the transfer window with only 20 first team players, a bigger surprise met me after I had resigned from Tottenham Hotspur after managing there for 28 years. The Dortmund manager had resigned to take the vacant job at Spurs, while I successfully applied for the manager position at Dortmund.

Now, I've been keeping track of Spurs, checking on their results, whatever. They finished the 2042/2043 with 18 first team players, amongst them only one senior goalkeeper. In previous instances I've guessed that clubs that have very small first teams has financial problems or managers who prefers a smaller group of players to work with or whatever, but when I took over Dortmund they had 26 first team players, so that's obviously not the case. Finances then? I left Tottenham as the most successful club in history. 27 Premier League titles and 93 cup titles. We topped the sponsorship (£63m a year) and the financial tables year after year. I believe I left them with a balance of £197m, a transfer budget of £405m and a positive wage difference of £600k. Looking at their bench for the recent Champions League final I see three players younger than 20 and no player above two stars. Every mid-week game they field players with 80% or less condition.

Is this even being considered as a bug or the like? Is it being looked into?

Feel free to move this topic to the bugs forum if you like.

You should def report this as bug, it might be already logged as future fixes for SI, although i don't see this actually being a pressing matter as there are plenty others way more urgent, plus i doubt that's something easily fixed. Seems quite weird tho'. I'm only at 2017 but i'll keep a look on that as well.

Archived