Jump to content

A question about consistency


Recommended Posts

Not really, it just means that, for any given match, he has a 76% chance of operating at his maximum ability level (basically, the attributes you see in his profile) and a 24% chance of operating at a lower ability level (on average, approximately a 1 point drop in 10 attributes or thereabouts).

The consistency attribute just represents natural fluctuations in player performance. Basically, how often things simply "click" for a player and how often he just has an off day for whatever reason.

It may help get a player out of a slump to the extent that he will usually be operating at a higher ability level, but other mental factors are more important.

Basically, actual consistency (how well a player actually performs from match to match) is really driven more by the player's overall personality and their ability to get motivated, handle pressure, etc. So a very "consistent" (that is, a player with a high Consistency attribute) player can be very inconsistent if he's hard to motivate or susceptible to pressure while a fairly "inconsistent" player can still be consistent if he's highly determined and mentally resilient. Likewise, the latter might actually be easier to pull out of a slump.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really, it just means that, for any given match, he has a 76% chance of operating at his maximum ability level (basically, the attributes you see in his profile) and a 24% chance of operating at a lower ability level (on average, approximately a 1 point drop in 10 attributes or thereabouts).

The consistency attribute just represents natural fluctuations in player performance. Basically, how often things simply "click" for a player and how often he just has an off day for whatever reason.

It may help get a player out of a slump to the extent that he will usually be operating at a higher ability level, but other mental factors are more important.

Basically, actual consistency (how well a player actually performs from match to match) is really driven more by the player's overall personality and their ability to get motivated, handle pressure, etc. So a very "consistent" (that is, a player with a high Consistency attribute) player can be very inconsistent if he's hard to motivate or susceptible to pressure while a fairly "inconsistent" player can still be consistent if he's highly determined and mentally resilient. Likewise, the latter might actually be easier to pull out of a slump.

thank you for explaining that :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...