is there a way to find out which tactical setting your assistant manager is using?

i've always tried to implement the 4222 box midfield into every version of football manager, and this year is no different. i've had mixed success so far. i've started a new game with liverpool and have hired valdir de moraes as assistant manager because he has 4-2-2-2 as his preferred formation so whenever i holiday at game or a lengthened period of time without telling him to use my tactics, he would still employ some form of a box midfield tactic which, in the long run, is better for my team's continuity.

however, i holidayed one cup game and he did exceptionally well. it was against a league 2 side in england so i tried holidaying some games in the league and valdir casually dismissed aston villa (a) 3-0, man utd (h) 2-0 and chelsea (a) 1-0, dominating possession (which is really hard to do in a box midfield tactic) and limiting long shots (amazingly) to under 5 each game.

now i was wondering if there's some way to pick his brain regarding tactics, would love to know what valdir did to limit those long shots to 5 per game each week as i'm averaging 15 long shots per game. i had to double check but he even had steven gerrard playing in central midfield, who has likes to shoot long as player preferred move, and he did not fire a single shot on goal in the 2-0 win over manchester and the 1-0 win over chelsea. i was astonished.

so, any ideas? not that it's relevant to my question but i am playing as liverpool, second season, only signed mousa dembele.

Perhaps he does some shouts ingame that causes the team to play in a way that limits having to use the long shots. Maybe when you have the time, you could take a look at the analysis of some of the games he took control and try to study how the team played in terms of passing and movement.

Archived