"You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator"

Dexter_Morgan

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either romania or slovenia for me. Depends on how long you want to be at the club, the slovenian job is long term I would have thought.

The option of being a returning hero in romania is tempting though.

Tough one. Sorry I was no help at all.

5501408.png

NK Olimpija Ljubljana

I went with what seems to be the popular choice and picked a nation I have yet to go to in this save, whilst the playing staff is far from exceptional at the moment the feeling I got even before the suggestions came through was there is potential in Slovenia and I really do want to do a full tour of the Iron Curtain so with great facilities in place, competition from Maribor, Domzale and newly tycoon owned 2nd division side Krkso this could be the toughest job so far.

There isn't many great talents at the club but these 2 are seemingly players I need to keep hold of.

5501406.jpg

5501405.jpg

Not had much chance to play this over the past week but i'll be finishing the last 3 games of the season tonight with one of the closest title races you will ever see :eek:

5569950.jpg

Mathematically the top 5 can win it. I have the easiest games on paper with bottom Zavrc, currently top Domzale and 8th placed NK Bela to play, but as has happened so many times this season with the whole division nothing should be taken for granted.

5501408.png

NK Olimpija Ljubljana 2042 - 43 Season Review

5576470.jpg

5576469.jpg

5576472.jpg

5576464.jpg

Well what looked like being one of the closest title races ever was done and dusted with a game to spare, we beat Zavrc pretty comfortably with a mostly reserve side put out with the Domzale game in mind and it was a gamble that worked as a fresher side absolutely tore in to the opposition in the first half in what in all honesty was our only real championship side looking display since I took charge. The division this season was very close with teams dropping points all over the place, if it wasn't for a crazy period of draws we could have stormed the league but instead we looked like blowing the easiest chance we'd ever have to take it.

The cup final I don't really want to claim as a title for me though the record books will show it's mine I was only involved in 3 of the games so it doesn't feel right to claim it as mine.

There is a lot of work that needs doing to this side, bar one player for the future (i'll link him in my next post) I made a few freebie signings to add to the numbers, these are of no importance and hopefully I can improve up on them in the summer.

5576445.jpg

I have really high hopes for Vidmar, this club is going to have to rely on youngsters to have any kind of chance of competing at the highest level, i'll be doing my best to try and stick to young signings and chuck them in at the deep end but if the right older player comes up then i'll also consider them.

Aim for next season is to retain the title, if this group can win it then a few improvements should make it easier. We moved 206 places up in the rankings to 267th with Slovenia moving up 8 places to 51st so in terms of Europe there isn't a lot of hope for us but as long as we give it a go i'll be happy.

Very good season by your standards :D

We did our best around games 25-30 to throw it away tbh :D Hopefully this season will be a lot more dominant. The early signs are good too, i've brought 4-5 youngsters in and started to trim the squad down and it is certainly showing early promise. Even the defence has tightened up and that's with no major changes in that area.

Well done taking it near the end.

Cheers, I really thought we had blew it and it was a big gamble resting players for the Zavrc game, but Domzale had 3 weeks of playing twice a week so thankfully that gamble to have the fresher side paid off as we killed them off in the first half of what was in effect the championship decider.

That'll do! Well done:applause:

Thanks :) .My thoughts exactly, the first title is the hardest to win and as our early form this year is showing that's lifted a lot of pressure off the players which certainly makes this huge rebuilding job I have on my hands a bit easier.

Coefficients

5614431.jpg

5614430.jpg

A bad year all round for the Iron Curtain nations, Russia and Romania improving was the only good things to have happened. Poland's slight progression over the past few years is a bit of a surprise as they were in a huge state when I was there.

Tycoon Watch

RNK Split - Again not much money spent, in reality they don't need to these days as they are the top team in Croatia as proved with yet another title win and the cup to complete the double.

Former Club Watch

FC Sevastopol - 5th place and certainly strong again now after a few bad years.

Videoton - Champions and made the Europa group

Dinamo Bucharest - Finished 2nd and lost the cup final, they did make the Europa 2nd knockout too.

Hajduk Split - 2nd

Red Star Belgrade - Finished 2nd, made the Champions league quarter final andd the cup final.

Sparta Prague - 2nd and poor in Europe

Slovan Bratislava - Champions again and made the CL group stage.

Dynamo Kyiv - Form came back after a few lean years and the side won the double, disappointing in europe though failing to make it out of the Europa group.

Spartak Moscow - Won their 9th title in a row, the European super cup, the CWC and moved in the 68,000 Spartak stadium (really wish that was named after me)

Jagiellonia Bialystok - Finished 3rd

Baník Ostrava - Finished 5th and was poor in Europe too. Why it was that bad is a shock as the key players and youth I bought are still at the club.

5501408.png

NK Olimpija Ljubljana June -August 2043 - 44

5615574.jpg

5615580.jpg

5615573.jpg

5615572.jpg

5615575.jpg

5615576.jpg

5615577.jpg

5615579.jpg

The start of the new season really couldn't have gone much better. My usual fear of juggling European qualifiers and the league didn't happen and the kids/reserve players have slotted in impeccably. As you can see we have been given a tough CL group so the best I can hope for is we don't hammered too often but all things considered we did well to even get there considering we faced tycoon owned RNK and my former side Videoton.

The aim for this season is pretty much the same as I said before but now I have the problem of my 3 best players all wanting to leave, i've managed to get through the transfer window without them going but considering I have had bids for £3M+ for them then if I can get the kids to slot in i'll have no choice but to let them go, £4.7M for Emara was a really tough one to turn down but he is the best midfielder at the club and the one I really can't afford to let go for at least a year unless something special comes to my attention, the rest can go because it is a poor standard of league and I can slot players in pretty easily.

Good going in the new season so far and congrats on reaching the group stages of the Champions League.

Cheers mate, the form has shocked me a little but the new players have certainly stepped in and helped us a lot. Long term I get the feeling that if the club can keep hold of a few players it can certainly be a much bigger side.

Gratz on the title and good luck in the Champions League, certainly doesn't look like your ending 4th :D, no.2 should be obtainable?

Thanks. By a bit of good luck (Leiria were poor all the way through the group and then went and beat Schalke on the final group game) we snatched 2nd. Small matter of Real Madrid next :D

Man I had some catching up to do on this thread! Congrats on your latest title...

Cheers mate, if we win this title i'll be much happier though because we actually look a decent side now and more consistent

5501408.png

NK Olimpija Ljubljana 2043 - 44

5684624.jpg

5684621.jpg

5684627.jpg

5684620.jpg

5684626.jpg

I am reasonably happy with the season so far, obviously the Schalke away game was a huge low point and we've lost a few other games by big scores but on the whole we have done well considering the standard of some of the players. My aim with this side was always to bring young players in even if they weren't ready for big challenges yet because in this division I felt I could get away with playing 1 or 2 in each game and I have stuck with that because it does on the whole seem to bring new life in to the side which last year dropped too many stupid points.

Goalkeeper Ola Hugosson is the only signing of the winter and a big one at that, he's the best in the division and frees up a EU spot for us which means I can now look at getting players from abroad in to fill what at the moment is a weak midfield and defence though I have 3 bosman's coming in to help cover that and the possibilty of a few cash signings.

Our CL group surprised me a little, after the defeat at Schalke I thought we wouldn't even pick up a point but the 3-3 against Arsenal proved a bit of a catalyst and wins at Leiria and home to Schalke plus the home point against Leiria (a game where we missed a penalty and hammered them in everything but the score) was just about enough to sneak through as 2nd. I am a little further than the screenshots and needless to say a knockout tie against Real was a step too far but i'm happy with the campaign and certainly happy with the money it has brought in plus the tv money to come. With any luck the nations ranking will get a boost as not many Iron Curtain clubs have impressed in Europe so far this year.

Amazed you've qualified so quickly and a great first season with the new club. Looks like you've bought well - no surprises there by now :)

To be fair we had a pretty easy qualifying campaign :D The group itself on paper should have seen us last but both Schalke and Leiria have struggled this year so we got lucky with that. This side is probably a 10 year project, so obviously I won't be here for any CL win, but what I do plan is 2 more seasons, make sure i've bought well and make the club grow and with any luck they'll be a good side in 5 years time

Well done getting past the CL despite a rather bad start at Schalke.

Feared the worst after that game especially in a group with Arsenal :D We got a hammering by Real in the knockout but that was to be expected. Hopefully it will be a bit of a springboard in the rankings though because i'd like to get Slovenia in the top 30 and this side with a very healthy future before I move on.

You seem to have the midas touch,anything you touch seems to turn into success :D

We have been brilliant this season and that is largely due to getting the new players in and weeding out the moaners and rubbish :D I am expecting an even better year next season though with some of the new signings in place already and an eye on a few more if we can get a decent budget.

For the moment though this save is on hold for a week or 2 as I am doing a youth experiment in Montenegro in an extended Gundo challenge which is surprisingly going well too considering I have never done one before :D

• 4 weeks later...

Really gutted about this but my niece dropped the laptop on Sunday and the laptop wouldn't start up, turned out that the hard drive was knackered so had to buy a new one which means this save is effectively over :( Had a lot of fun on it and thanks for the comments along the way. I doubt there's any point starting a new career thread with it not being long until FM14 comes out but I have a few ideas for that so i'm sure i'll do one then.

Archived