Increasing shots on target.......for poor teams!

I've been researching around getting more shots on target for a while now, and I have read a number of good threads. However, the majority of these threads deal with elite teams. I currently play in the BSS with a poor squad, and we're struggling to get shots on target.

The main issue is that the players are so poor, that I'm playing in a simple 4-4-2 and I can't afford the players any CF or ask them to roam, they just can't handle it. However, this is the suggestion given in many of the threads when looking at getting shots on target.

we are creating chances, 15 in the last game, but many of these were from distance, and only one was on target.

So, my question, open to all, is when you are a really poor team, how can you increase SOT? has anyone found a way of doing this?

It doesn't matter what level you play at or with which team, the logic of increasing the SOT is the same. So what you've read in thos threads still apply regardless of the level you play.

Have you used the analysis tab to view the clips back and see why you have so many bad shots? It could be a case of lack of options infront of them, lack of movement, rushed into a shot and so on.

To fix the issue you first need to know what the main problem is and find out why they are happening.

I've looked through this yes. To me, there seems to be a lack of movement, and therefore passing options, unless the player with the ball wants to go back. Not sure how I can get more passing options for these players however, without CF and roaming?

Forward runs? Make sure the players who are having the shots aren't too advanced and to far infront of play?

I have looked at this quiet closely over the past few games. I have just played a non-league side in the cup, and had 23 shots - 2 on target!

On many of these occasions, players were available for the pass, but the player coming from midfield with the ball just decides to have a crack. This could be the winger cutting in, or the CM's as they come forward. Now I have provided the passing option, and it is not being taken, I'm really not sure what to do.....

Best way to get shots on target is to get the ball as close to goal as possible!

Whether you pass it into the box, have someone fast run into the box from the side, or dribble into through their defense, just find what works best.

Archived