Leaking a hell of a lot of goals

I am managing Swansea and am currently 13th in the table in the first season, which in itself isn't so bad. However, I have conceded a hell of a lot of goals (44 in 20 games) and after carefully trying to sort a tactic out, I have ultimately failed. Here below is a couple of screenshots of formation and team instructions and there is even a couple of PKMs if one or two of you could bother to watch them and find out for me. I am not so bothered about losing the games, but it is just the manner in which I am being beaten. My save game is also enclosed. Help me please

4PIGYU7.png

Matches

I appreciate for any help thrown my way.

Dan :)

P.S. The save game link is coming soon

on your opposition instruction screen instruct your players to show the opposition wide players on their outside foot - eg show the AMR onto his RIGHT foot, even if its his strong foot. There is a flaw with the 4231 in this match engine I am 100% convinced of that that after doing some experimenting. If you dont have a defensive midfielder and any wide player is cutting inside, irregardless if its his weaker foot or even if he isnt particularly talented I promise you that for whatever reason you will ship bagfulls. Override your assistant managers instructions, put all wide players onto their outside foot, and WATCH your opposition formation because as soon as it changes your instructions are nullified, when this happens go in and set them again and play a dozen matches or so and see if there is any improvement.

Why have you manually changed width, tempo, d-line etc? The first thing I would do it to remove those for a starter.

Augustien isn't a DLP and is generally poor (unless you've changed his attributes etc) so you might want to consider not having him as the defauly playmaker in the team. I'm not saying remove the role just him from the default playmaker list. Becuase he has 12 first touch, 14 passing, 10 decisions, 12 teamwork, 11 workrate etc. Those kind of attributes aren't good enough even for Swansea to be the default playmaker because your team are being encouraged to play through him more and he isn't really capable of re-distributing the ball and being the creative player. Especially with his decision making extremely poor.

Britton makes the better playmaker out of the 2.

What type of goals are you conceeding? Is is the same type of goals that you mainly let in or is it a good mix? How are the trams breaking you down so easy to have the amount of shots that they seem to be having against you? Is it a case of some of your players not doing their jobs correctly i.e tracking back or pressing in the right areas?

Why have you manually changed width, tempo, d-line etc? The first thing I would do it to remove those for a starter.

Augustien isn't a DLP and is generally poor (unless you've changed his attributes etc) so you might want to consider not having him as the defauly playmaker in the team. I'm not saying remove the role just him from the default playmaker list. Becuase he has 12 first touch, 14 passing, 10 decisions, 12 teamwork, 11 workrate etc. Those kind of attributes aren't good enough even for Swansea to be the default playmaker because your team are being encouraged to play through him more and he isn't really capable of re-distributing the ball and being the creative player. Especially with his decision making extremely poor.

Britton makes the better playmaker out of the 2.

What type of goals are you conceeding? Is is the same type of goals that you mainly let in or is it a good mix? How are the trams breaking you down so easy to have the amount of shots that they seem to be having against you? Is it a case of some of your players not doing their jobs correctly i.e tracking back or pressing in the right areas?

I generally play de Guzman there or even Ki, but they are injured at this moment so he is makeshift.

To me, a lot of the goals seem to be coming from crosses, which will suggest thaat my fullbacks are not doing my job or my wingers aren't tracking back to give them support

zTWLqxl.png

Have you viewed the clips back though to see exactly why the fullbacks/wide players are allowing so many crosses to be scored?

What have you tried to combat the issue?

You do play quite wide though for the strategy you selected so again this could be a reason and another reason you shouldn't manually change it imo.

Starting to strip back the tactic now. Remove the sliders that I don't know much about and sticking with a more simple approach. Going for a counter strategy along with a balanced style. Hopefully this will allow my team to sit a bit deeper and get more time on the ball. Also making my wingers tight mark so that hopefully they will try and keep the full backs out of their move when they play down the wings.

I have also switched closing down to default rather than press more to try and keep my defence in position.

Going to give this a few games and see if I can see a notable difference.

Thanks for your help guys. Anymore advice is of course welcomed and encouraged :)

Have you viewed the clips back though to see exactly why the fullbacks/wide players are allowing so many crosses to be scored?

From what I have seen, from both sides of the pitch, their winger/wide men seem to be getting a lot of time on the ball and are able to put a cross in before any of my players even get there. Seems powerless to stop it from happening :'(

Archived