Agent Fees, the Great Frustration.

Ok, I understand agents and their (massive) fees for little work and effort are part of the game. But it becomes very annoying to lose a deal because of the fee for this guys.

I mean, signing an 18 year old Brazilian goalie regen (Gomes, who played for PSV and Spurs) isn't cheap, but the agent asks 1,4 million for his fee and I can't offer more than 1,2. And yes, I offered more salary rthan asked by the player, added money to his appearance/clean sheet, but the agent did not lower his amount. I know that offering the player a key role makes it a done deal, but the guy is 17 and not a key guy. Lowering the squad status could lead to an AWOL, which is not what I want, obviously.

So, could you, SI developers, please try to make this part a bit more realistic? No deal should collapse because of a few pounds extra for the agent. Maybe you can add the possibility for the player to pay his agent the difference?

I think the theory behind it is sound, but maybe the effect of the "Fee" attribute for agents needs to be tweaked. In this modern world, I can see some deals failing because of the agent given their increased power, but this should only happen for those who have a fee attribute of 20 IMO. Maybe just needs finetuned so that anything lower starts to get more sensible.

Archived