Free Agent Regens

I've just started a new game and the team I'm managing have no transfer budget. I was looking for free agents and found some regens, but none of them are very good. Is there usually any good free agent regens at the start of the game? Would it be a waste of time searching?

Regens would be different per save would they not? :rolleyes:

Really depends on what the level of your team is, to attract anything decent. There maybe some decent young regens kicking around but will be difficult if you dont have a wide scouting net :(

Newgens*

This question is also a bit open. If they are good, would they sign for you? Therefore, would does 'good' mean?etc etc.

I'm not sure that there is a good answer to this question.

To try though, I would say that in my experience of playing FM with low-league teams (implied by your transfer budget) there are not lots of good newgens waiting to be picked up at the start of the game.

However, at the end of each season the teams in the leagues above you will release their unwanted youth players, which will include newgens, some of whom will definitely improve your team if you can convince them to sign.

As the newgens at the beginning will be random, I am not saying there will necessarily never be a good one at the beginning of the game, but that my experience leads me to not recommend sifting through them one by one on day 1. On day 1 you might have more luck with unattached real players.

When player lower leagues I often do go through the transfer > history > out column for teams above me at the end of each season though.

I think there is also a specific page for youth transfers too, as they may be more willing to drop through the leagues than the released senior players.

Regens would be different per save would they not? :rolleyes:

Yes. I may not have worded my question correctly, but I do know this. :p

I'm actually in the premiership. Looking for NEWGENS (thanks for the correction) was just one option I was trying. But if it's very unlikely a player being up to premiership/championship standard being generated, I'll stop looking.

Thanks for both answering, and for the advice.

Well, my first search on African national teams made me bump into a Guinea Bissau U20 full of free agent regens...but for some reason I only could offer trials to certain players, the others only had the offer contract option and the arrival date was a year or two later (And I can't scout Africa)

Well, my first search on African national teams made me bump into a Guinea Bissau U20 full of free agent regens...but for some reason I only could offer trials to certain players, the others only had the offer contract option and the arrival date was a year or two later (And I can't scout Africa)

They have to be 18 to sign for a club outside of Guinea Bissau

For other countries it still lets you negotiate and just delays the transfer, is Guniea Bisseau different?

Vector, I'm sure this isn't the case, but were the players you couldn't approach to sign "greyed out"?

No, as I said, I could only offer a contract and no trial.

And the only 2 I signed weren't 18, in fact, one of them is in the 1st team as a back up now and turned 17 some months ago

Archived