Getting slower- Help

Hi Guys

This might be an obvious question to many of you, but my game seems to get a lot slower the more I play it. I'm in March now in my first season and I can barely play it anymore as it takes too long to load a new page. I have selected a custom database and loaded a lot of players. My estimated game speed is 2 stars.

My PC is relatively new, and has 8GB Ram but does the game get slower the more you play it?

Thanks

yep. It takes up more and more memory the longer it goes on.

This game is badly optimised, it is for me and my PC anyway. The performance is nowhere near what I should be getting or expect. I spent over a grand to struggle to have the bare minimum.

Ive never fell asleep so much playing an FM as I have this one. Its just to slow to get into to Ive gone back to 08 yet again. I;m running every single league, every player, I'm 5 years in and its still going like a rocket. Its a much better game 2.

yep. It takes up more and more memory the longer it goes on.

This game is badly optimised, it is for me and my PC anyway. The performance is nowhere near what I should be getting or expect. I spent over a grand to struggle to have the bare minimum.

Ive never fell asleep so much playing an FM as I have this one. Its just to slow to get into to Ive gone back to 08 yet again. I;m running every single league, every player, I'm 5 years in and its still going like a rocket. Its a much better game 2.

I completely disagree. If we were talking about FM12 I would agree with you, as the add/remove bug usually caused long games to completely die eventually in terms of performance, but I've had the same save from day one of the beta to the present day, currently in 2054, and the game in general is pretty much exactly the same speed as it was at the beginning. The only thing that is slower is going through mails, but that's only slightly slower. The only thing it takes up more of as the game goes on is hard drive space. If saves aren't compressed and you're using rolling autosave, it's often several gigs worth of files, but that won't cause any problems with the game itself.

If you're spending £1000 on something that can't run FM, you've been robbed.

I completely disagree. If we were talking about FM12 I would agree with you, as the add/remove bug usually caused long games to completely die eventually in terms of performance, but I've had the same save from day one of the beta to the present day, currently in 2054, and the game in general is pretty much exactly the same speed as it was at the beginning. The only thing that is slower is going through mails, but that's only slightly slower. The only thing it takes up more of as the game goes on is hard drive space. If saves aren't compressed and you're using rolling autosave, it's often several gigs worth of files, but that won't cause any problems with the game itself.

agree my laptop cost me 600quid and FM runs very smoothlyI goot mine from a friend so I knew I could trust it!!!

.....If you're spending £1000 on something that can't run FM, you've been robbed.

I was going to say this. I am clueless on computers, but I spent £300-400 on a desktop off the shelf at some duff store like PC world 2-3 years ago and FM13 runs fine here. I've just got a new PC, but not because the old one was lagging FM at all. It wasn't.

Over £1000 worth of PC to meet the bare minimum I'd say it's not the game causing snail speeds. You have been mugged. :(

The comp is fine.

Its brand new, theres nothing runing in the background. Its 100% clean and optimised

Has a SSD

i7 3770K processor

8gb memory

GTX670.

and the game is just 2 slow. It started off 2 slow and 2 seasons in it was epic slow.

Slow/fast is very subjective of course, but how many leagues are you running? You have a computer that was better than my previous one am sure, which I had no problems on running 4-5 nations all leagues full detail, and an additional 2-3 nations background only.

With that set up the game should be fine. :( Not that I am an expert.

I cant remember exactly but I started off well over the recommeneded, which was too slow, I went down to under the recommended which was far less than I wanted or expected and it wasnt much better.

FM08 with everything loaded is epic. The comp performs how it should do everything else.

I just think I expect more, what I consider slow some might think is bareable.

But the original post is true. The longer the game goes on the slower it gets to the point your PC cant hack it anymore and you start getting crash dumps if you started off to high in the first place.

I agree with you.

FM12 I could run the game with facepacks, virtually all leagues loaded with a large database and it ran like a dream.

On FM13 with no major changes to my system it can barely manage the main popular leagues without massive delays between each continue click.

Despite many people rubbishing your thread, theres clearly a problem as the 100's commenting on the slow speed of the game clearly are not lying. Just pray the people that matter take note as its really ruined the game this year for me.

The comp is fine.

Its brand new, theres nothing runing in the background. Its 100% clean and optimised

Has a SSD

i7 3770K processor

8gb memory

GTX670.

and the game is just 2 slow. It started off 2 slow and 2 seasons in it was epic slow.

I dont have SSD

i7 3610Q

8gb memory

GTX 660M

mines a laptop and i have pooer specs than you and i can run this game super smooth with tons of leagues as playable.

So obviously there is something wrong with your computer.

I'v got a Dell XPS gaming laptop and find the game considerably slower.

I play with about 90,000 players but recently have had to restrict myself to just leagues in 2 or 3 nations.

I'm sure reducing the players would mean I could do more leagues though.

I'm also willing to believe my laptop has other problems. It has all the specs for LA Noire but when I drive around after a few miles the buildings stop drawing and I'm just driving around a brown expanse. Thankfully I wasn't to fussed about the game anyway.

Games like Fifa and BF3 play on ultimate graphic settings though...

Dxdiag would help, your LA Noire problem is related prolly to the graphics card or the drivers but that shoudn't make your FM run slow.

I started a new game

all nations

102 playable leagues

145,000 players

Large database

I'll report back later how slow it is on my comp. At least it gives a decent benchmark.

With all the above, it took me 35 seconds to advance 1 game day. None of the menus or going from one page to another felt choppy or laggy.

So yeah!, you guys have some serious problems with your computers and should head to the tech help forum to get it sorted out. Good luck!

Have you had a professional take a look at your laptop?

I have a nearly 4 year old o/c'd i7 920 that's running 82 divisions across 20 nations & 3 continents, all senior club competitions are on full detail processing & my current player count is approx 150,000.

I am not suffering from any lag or freezes when switching screens & the game is processing along nicely, this could indicate that your lappy isn't as healthy as it should be.

That's not to say the issue definitely isn't software related so if you haven't done so already you should head over to tech issues section of the bugs forum, all you'll need is a copy of your save & a recent dxdiag report.

Mike keep in mind slow downs like "not responding" etc can be caused by SO many different things that it is impossible to go through all possible option here in the forums. DXdiag is your best bet if you post it in tech forum.

Perhaps your laptop is overheating but not eough to actually hit the magical threshold where the computer turns it self off. Overheating causes loads of stress for the CPU, 8gb of ram wont guarantee fast loading in FM if your CPU is horrible. Can you please list the specs of your computer so we can determine if rest of your hardware meets the minimum required.

As far as i remember FM is 32bit exe so it wont even take advantage of that 8gb of ram!

Mike keep in mind slow downs like "not responding" etc can be caused by SO many different things that it is impossible to go through all possible option here in the forums. DXdiag is your best bet if you post it in tech forum.

Perhaps your laptop is overheating but not eough to actually hit the magical threshold where the computer turns it self off. Overheating causes loads of stress for the CPU, 8gb of ram wont guarantee fast loading in FM if your CPU is horrible. Can you please list the specs of your computer so we can determine if rest of your hardware meets the minimum required.

As far as i remember FM is 32bit exe so it wont even take advantage of that 8gb of ram!

Could you actually play on the long term with ALL the FM leagues loaded and huge database?

but for example on FM12,when I added some leagues during a game, the savegame got completely impossible to play....

That was a problem with the add/remove leagues feature in FM12, it has since been fixed for FM13 and works properly now.

I just don't see any problems with slowness in FM13. If others do, then I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that in my experience, 13 is lightyears ahead of 12 for speed. I can rocket through saves, sometimes getting a season done in a day, and that's with eight or so nations running full detail.

But then speed is subjective, that part's very true. I imagine everyone gets similar performance - for example my laptop is about the same as the £1000 one quoted earlier in the topic, and I think it goes like lightning - the poster with that computer disagrees. Different standards I suppose.

You're spot on woth that point, your comment about RAM not being important isn't right though, it's very important for a smooth running FM.

Yeah, it's definitely important, but not crucial. If you have 4Gb and don't do much else, you'll probably be fine. 6 is very good, 8 is probably unnecessary as long as you're not doing much else. Like you say, processor is the main thing - ramp that up and you'll see massive benefits.

It's not just about the amount of RAM but also the quality, it's very easy for a bottleneck to be created because an off the shelf build had low end RAM installed.

It's not just about the amount of RAM but also the quality, it's very easy for a bottleneck to be created because an off the shelf build had low end RAM installed.

The thing is he's been saying he's got 8gb of ram but he could well have a core duo processor for all we know. :D

Archived