Work Permit Problems

Hi everyone, I am managing Celtic at the moment. I am enjoying it so far, however I am finding it extremely hard to get work permits for a good number of players that in England I could quite easily sign. Is their a way to rectify this or will it be something that will become easier to get with success at Celtic?

How do you know that it would be easier to get them in England? Iirc, the UK has the same work permit rules. Your club's success has no say in getting work permits. You just have to hope that a player plays in 75% of his nations competitive games over 2 years and that nation is in the top 70. Or, if the player is a good prospect, it gets accepted on appeal.

• 4 months later...
How do you know that it would be easier to get them in England? Iirc, the UK has the same work permit rules. Your club's success has no say in getting work permits. You just have to hope that a player plays in 75% of his nations competitive games over 2 years and that nation is in the top 70. Or, if the player is a good prospect, it gets accepted on appeal.

I'm having a Work Permit issue with this player:

liberoplayerfound.png

Clearly, he's quite good, but has only played 3 senior games.

What confused me is that if "You just have to hope that a player plays in 75% of his nations competitive games over 2 years and that nation is in the top 70" this is the case, then surely no player can be signed until at least 2 years after their international debut to meet this part of the criteria?

I had an appeal rejected, and had hoped that the second element, "if the player is a good prospect, it gets accepted on appeal" might take effect.

However that was rejected too, and it's a bit frustrating.

Does "prospect" have some sort of age ceiling?

AFAIK it's a combination of age & PPA.

Nuts. Makes sense; at 22 he'll be closer to his PA than the 16-18 year old Brazilians and Argentines who I successfully won appeals with.

It's going to be some sort of algorithm so whilst I know that trying to buy him again straight away and go through the appeal process will fail anyway, I'm still going to do it!

Looks like I need to find alternatives, or keep an eye on Ukraine's upcoming matches.

Archived