First Time Player Impressions FM 2013

Football Manager 2013 is my first purchase for this series. I bought it out of curiosity as I am mainly a baseball fan of OOTP 13. I read many posts on the OOTP forums that compliment the ME and game overall. In those posts I read where people would actualy cheer when a goal is made, groan when their defenders make mistakes, etc. I thought those statements were exaggerated. I was wrong. I find myself cheeing for my team when they make a goal, and saying to myself "what the hades were you thinking" when there is an incredibly bad pass. My wife thinks I am an idiot for cheering at a computer screen.

For a soccer novice, the game can be overwhelming, but it is incredibly fun. Glad I took the chance on it.

I remember playing my first demo back in the day.... It was still Championship Manager in those days.... Even then I was awestruck by the possibilities for player development and tactical variation. Still today I get great joy from developing a player, or formulating a new tactic, to get the best out of a player/my team.

I remember being frustrated that my players wouldn't improve their weaker foot, and that their pace or jumping hardly increased even if it was a focus in training. :)

Thank you all! I know absolutely nothing about the sport except for FIFA on the PS3 and watching it on FoxSoccer, but I can't get enough of the game. Have to say that I am impressed with this community as I have been "lurking" for the past couple of weeks reading the posts for info. Thanks again for your replies.

Ive been playing a fifa12 west ham career for 7 seasons now on the Ps3

also been playing Madden nfl 12 as well - good fun - although I have absolutely no idea how the franchise mode works....

Regarding cheering at your PC -, I did a lap of the garden once when I managed to avoid relegation by scoring in the 85th minute!

Archived