To buy or not to buy?

hi guys,

I am currently a little disheartened, I have not enjoyed the PC version this year in the slightest for some reason I can't get in to it.

I don't know anybody who plays FMH so thought I would ask in here.

Would I get the fun back while still having a challenge and good detail levels by purchasing on my iPad?

Thanks

Alex

• SI Staff

You may do - I'm obviously somewhat biased with regards to the game, but I'll try and give you a neutral explanation of what I tried to create.

FMH is intended to be a faster playing experience than the full fat FM PC/Mac experience, it has some of the 'clutter' trimmed out from it (ie. no press conferences, team talks and suchlike) and instead plays fast enough that you can romp through a season comfortably in an evening if the urge takes you.

The actual game is still designed to be realistic - but its not quite as unforgiving as the PC game and instead of setting a minutae of details in tactics you set team tactics and then a single role for individual players which governs their behavior in an easy to understand manner.

(some people love the 'back to basics' approach of FMH - a few find it hard to leave behind the intricate depth of FM PC/Mac - hopefully most enjoy both in different ways)

Hope this helps,

Marc

You may do - I'm obviously somewhat biased with regards to the game, but I'll try and give you a neutral explanation of what I tried to create.

FMH is intended to be a faster playing experience than the full fat FM PC/Mac experience, it has some of the 'clutter' trimmed out from it (ie. no press conferences, team talks and suchlike) and instead plays fast enough that you can romp through a season comfortably in an evening if the urge takes you.

The actual game is still designed to be realistic - but its not quite as unforgiving as the PC game and instead of setting a minutae of details in tactics you set team tactics and then a single role for individual players which governs their behavior in an easy to understand manner.

(some people love the 'back to basics' approach of FMH - a few find it hard to leave behind the intricate depth of FM PC/Mac - hopefully most enjoy both in different ways)

Hope this helps,

Marc

Thanks Marc. I think I'm going to give it a go! Hopefully will be a lot of fun

Thanks

Alex

FMH is THE ONLY version of FM of consequence. No bloat, no unnecessary complexity, fast gameplay... Handheld is the reason i still hand money over to SI annually, and i urge you to give it a chance. It really is the best incarnation of FM.

I've mulled over writing what would simply have been the same recommendation. In a nutshell, the above is spot on.

Great game.....too addictive though :lol:.........seriously it is too addictive.....I actually play it in my head when I'm not playing it! That cant be healthy can it?!?!?

FMH is THE ONLY version of FM of consequence. No bloat, no unnecessary complexity, fast gameplay... Handheld is the reason i still hand money over to SI annually, and i urge you to give it a chance. It really is the best incarnation of FM.

Thanks. Just been a little sceptical because I enjoy the detail in the PC version. So you don't play both then?

I've mulled over writing what would simply have been the same recommendation. In a nutshell, the above is spot on.

Great game.....too addictive though :lol:.........seriously it is too addictive.....I actually play it in my head when I'm not playing it! That cant be healthy can it?!?!?

Thanks. I appreciate the comments. So you reckon the lack of detail isn't a problem for a better experience?

Thanks. I appreciate the comments. So you reckon the lack of detail isn't a problem for a better experience?

Not for me.

I really couldn't get into the series during the late naughties. I was addicted to it before then (as far back as the the Commodore Amiga 600 incarnation)

I felt that they just had too much detail. The beauty of the handheld version is that it has all the good bits you really need and also loved about the

game. And then you can let your imagination fill in the rest. Isn't that what FM has always been about?

Who needs press conferences etc, when you can easy conduct one whilst on your in the shower (which is incidentally the only place I don't play the

handheld version)....I think I need to stop playing for a few days!!!

Not for me.

I really couldn't get into the series during the late naughties. I was addicted to it before then (as far back as the the Commodore Amiga 600 incarnation)

I felt that they just had too much detail. The beauty of the handheld version is that it has all the good bits you really need and also loved about the

game. And then you can let your imagination fill in the rest. Isn't that what FM has always been about?

Who needs press conferences etc, when you can easy conduct one whilst on your in the shower (which is incidentally the only place I don't play the

handheld version)....I think I need to stop playing for a few days!!!

Thanks. I like the sound of the speed of it where I can get a fair way in to the game as I never manage to do this. Haha press conferences in the shower, no need to stop playing IMO!

Archived