injuries forced subs and "knocks" make no sence

these injures make little sence, After yet again having to bring off my key playmaker in the first half due to "injury", yet in the game before a player picked up a knock, and carried on to the end, even scoring a goal.

the injuries?

player who HAD to come off - bruised ribs, that is the second time he has had to come off for bruises

player who picked up a "knock" - twisted ankle.

this is normal, players running round with pulled hamstrings etc. only to find they are out for 1 month+ afterwards, and forced substitutions for bruises etc, when I would rather my player play on s rather frustrating.

I don't know the injuries when they happen, but players usualy dont carry on with strains and pulls, yet do after taking an actual knock.

I had something similar to this.

Forced to sub my right winger with an injury. My centre half had a knick but a spare sub so brought him off.

After the game my centre half twisted his ankle and out for 2-3 weeks. My right winger had nothing and only had 58% condition which climbed to 98% by the next game.

I just presumed my centre half is the traditional "tis but a scratch" centre half and my right winger is a hypercondriac.

The injury system needs a fair bit of work, I've had a player suffer a broken arm after controlling a pass from kick-off, the closest player to him was nearly 15 yards away.

AFAIK the match engine calculates an injury & then after the match is finished the game picks one from the relevant light/medium/serious list.

On FM12, without fail, if a player was left above 90% when he picked up a knock, he had to be substituted, whereas if he went down to 40-50% he could stay on.

You could tell which knocks would force the player to come off purely by his condition %. If it was still high he was coming off.

Kris commons dead leg - http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Commons0.jpg

But of course I agree that it is a very extreme example of a dead leg, and possibly happens rarer than in game...

I don't have too much of a problem with some aspects of the knocks thing, I don't see any logical problem with someone with a low condition % being uninjured and someone with a high condition % having to come off from an injury, different injuries affect your overall condition in a manner unrelated to your ability to continue playing.

I'm just glad that it isn't a stupid QTE like it was in FM12!

I agree that the linking of injuries to the visualisation of events in the ME could be improved

I find them to be very streaky and flavor of the month with a lot of players suffering the same injury in quick succession. Not long ago it was broken ribs, then came the rash of pulled hamstrings. Right now there is a spate of damaged elbows currently keeping 4 of my guys sidelined. I wouldn't mind but I have NINE top drawer Physios on my payroll.

The injury system needs a fair bit of work, I've had a player suffer a broken arm after controlling a pass from kick-off, the closest player to him was nearly 15 yards away.

AFAIK the match engine calculates an injury & then after the match is finished the game picks one from the relevant light/medium/serious list.

That might explain why i sometimes get players getting strain injuries from impacts and vice versa...

I find them to be very streaky and flavor of the month with a lot of players suffering the same injury in quick succession. Not long ago it was broken ribs, then came the rash of pulled hamstrings. Right now there is a spate of damaged elbows currently keeping 4 of my guys sidelined. I wouldn't mind but I have NINE top drawer Physios on my payroll.
I'm not sure physio's can do anything to prevent broken ribs or damaged elbows.... If you take a hit you take a hit.

(Of course Barside's comment should be taken into account)

Archived