Undo a patch v.2

Well, I know why you deleted my post in the previous thread and then closed it - you don't want people to know how easy going back to 13.2.2 actually is. OK, I'm fine with that.

However, I'd like to know why aren't people like me (who liked the previous patch) allowed to have the game we liked?

Okay, I made a mistake by trusting SI that the new patch will be better and didn't back up 13.2.2, but now I've found that it just doesn't work for me. The joy from playing is gone. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy the game I paid for? It's not like I'd be breaking any rules by not running the latest version of the game, is it?

I really didn't like the way this was handled. Cheers to the mods of this forum.

Ivo

Well, I know why you deleted my post in the previous thread and then closed it - you don't want people to know how easy going back to 13.2.2 actually is. OK, I'm fine with that.

However, I'd like to know why aren't people like me (who liked the previous patch) allowed to have the game we liked?

Okay, I made a mistake by trusting SI that the new patch will be better and didn't back up 13.2.2, but now I've found that it just doesn't work for me. The joy from playing is gone. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy the game I paid for? It's not like I'd be breaking any rules by not running the latest version of the game, is it?

I really didn't like the way this was handled. Cheers to the mods of this forum.

Ivo

It was closed because there is no official way, and you are talking nonsense. Steam itself does not have a rollback capability, which makes it impossible for SI offer any kind of roll back feature. Valve would have to change the way Steam itself works. Want to whine to someone, that's who you need to be talking to.

It was handled perfectly, you just have your nose out of joint for no reason.

Why have you given up on the update so quickly?

Due to the size of the ME update you should look at is a a new game, if you found FM13 difficult at launch would you just give up on day 1 or would you try to work at understanding the game?

Well actually Steam is just a distribution platform and it just downloads and applies the patches for you. That's all that changed, compared to pre-Steam FMs where you had to download the patch yourself and run it manually. I understand there is no "official" way to rollback through Steam, but it is still pretty easy and I see nothing wrong with that. I see no rules that would be broken with that.

Edit:

Why have you given up on the update so quickly?

Due to the size of the ME update you should look at is a a new game, if you found FM13 difficult at launch would you just give up on day 1 or would you try to work at understanding the game?

I don't know, mate. I did not find FM13 easy on the first day, but I've invested a lot of time in this, managed to build up and fine-tune my own tactic, build a good squad of players, staff, everything - a football empire that works great. Then a patch comes out and "Boom!", that counts for nothing anymore. It's hard for me to think of that as a challenge, when I find no logic in it.

The work around is not supported as it could corrupt the save game. There is no way for SI to support a system restore as it may do things to the game that are not expected.

Why are you so up in arms about this, you know how to do it, so be happy and go and play the game, if others want to find out they can search for themselves, much like they can for the various other things you can change in the game.

There won't be any SI cooperation and this has been discussed fully many times if you'd care to search.

There isn't and won't be any official rollback to previous versions and unofficial ones (if they were possible) aren't for discussion on these forums.

Sorry but that's it.

Archived