Finally managed an Invincible season. Has anyone done better than this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127231407

won every game at home in every competition, didn't lose any away game drew a handful. went 72 games unbeaten...most satisfying is the goals for/difference tallies. and the goals were spread right across the board as seen here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127232063

finally got beat (ironically twice in a row immediately after downloading the 13.2.3 patch) after 72 odd games...hopefully not a sign of things to come and i have to tweak my tactics all over again (based heavily on modern warfare 442 and a counter tactic for away games)

Jansey20 posted two links, it's the second one.

Right enough.

Is plausible though, as it doesn't just include the league. If you score 140ish in the leage then you could possibly score the rest in CL, FA Cup and CIC.

Certainly pushing the very boundaries of believability, but not crossing them tooo far. Certainly in FM12 it was easy done, but much harder now.

I managed about 80 league games unbeaten on FM11 with one full unbeaten season in the middle of that and another one several years later. Not done a 38-0-0 yet and not sure I want to as achieving a perfect season means I'll never be able to beat that so I won't want to continue.

I managed about 80 league games unbeaten on FM11 with one full unbeaten season in the middle of that and another one several years later. Not done a 38-0-0 yet and not sure I want to as achieving a perfect season means I'll never be able to beat that so I won't want to continue.

Yes you can, you can then go two unbeaten seasons, etc.

I had a file a few editions ago where I was trying to go 100 league games unbeaten, with Hearts. I made it over 90 a few times, and over 50 basically on every streak, but it took me about 80 years to make it to 100. Was playing that file for ages........

You have a point, but I, as will many, believe that a thred like this should be based from orignal/fair plays of the game. If they have not edited the attributes of the players, (WHICH I DO TOO! So i'm not hating) they have certainly added players to their team, I mean Jack Wilshere leaving Arsenal? and spending near £200+million in 2 seasons and still having the likes of Rooney & RVP.

Do not get me wrong, I am not hating at all, I also do this from time to time. I just think this tread should be for "vanilia" play throughs of the game.

You have a point, but I, as will many, believe that a thred like this should be based from orignal/fair plays of the game. If they have not edited the attributes of the players, (WHICH I DO TOO! So i'm not hating) they have certainly added players to their team, I mean Jack Wilshere leaving Arsenal? and spending near £200+million in 2 seasons and still having the likes of Rooney & RVP.

Do not get me wrong, I am not hating at all, I also do this from time to time. I just think this tread should be for "vanilia" play throughs of the game.

I agree a bit with you, and agree it looks slightly suspicious, but I don't see anything that 100% says he edited anything unnaturally.

Prior to the patch I had one season with only 1 loss, for the Capital One cup only. Finished the league with 32wins, 6draws.

For three straight seasons won all the competitions, just failed the Capital One for two times.

After the patch I already tied two games that I usually did not, but I played few matches so far. Let's see how it goes. Hope the patch does not break my tactic that much. :)

This is a sore subject for me right now. Currently in my Sporting Lisbon save these are my second season stats. Free scoring.

League played 30, Won 26, Drew 4. Scored 71, Conceded 13.

Cups - Won undefeated (both)

Champs league - two wins against Barcelona, lost on away goals rule. so technically never lost a tie.

So went every game undefeated... AND NEVER EVEN GOT MANAGER OF THE YEAR! I duly retired the day after hearing that news. Pretending i made a scene at the awards ceremony!

Manging Hellas Verona. Not a league loss in 7,5 years (248 games and counting). Going for 500 before I resign. No FMRTE or GenieScout **** used. I won Serie A first season after promotion from Serie B. Its all about smart transfers early in the game, after that its just a steamrolling process after gaining a high reputation to sign worldclass regen talents and real medium/good real players.

ko0DNxM.png

Thats obscene. Whats the tactic(s) used?

I went the last season winning every home game 19 wins at home, 13 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses away. Squad is still very young so I imagine we could better that performance in the years to come, but I can only dream of scoring 160+ goals in a single campaign.

Manging Hellas Verona. Not a league loss in 7,5 years (248 games and counting). Going for 500 before I resign. No FMRTE or GenieScout **** used. I won Serie A first season after promotion from Serie B. Its all about smart transfers early in the game, after that its just a steamrolling process after gaining a high reputation to sign worldclass regen talents and real medium/good real players.

Thats obscene. Whats the tactic(s) used?

I went the last season winning every home game 19 wins at home, 13 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses away. Squad is still very young so I imagine we could better that performance in the years to come, but I can only dream of scoring 160+ goals in a single campaign.

In this FM13 match engine I have realized that its competely useless to play with a congested midfield, a lone striker and without wingers. This is because central midfielders serve little purpose when it comes to attacking due to the lack of through balls. I have my best winger doing 40-50 assists per season compared to midfielders doing 10-15. I have trained the "Switch ball to other flank" to most of my CM´s.

I score 50% of all goals from crosses. Every offensive player in my team have good heading and finishing abilities and are quite tall so that helps obviously.

Most goals I score are from a long cross above every defender to the opposite winger who bags it in by foot near the post.

442 Attacking mentality+ Counter attacks+Very fluid+More discplined

Direct pass, 80% quick tempo, 50% width

Mixed focus passing

No targetman, no playmaker

Offside trap off, 50% defensive line

Man marking, hard tackle on everyone

High pressure

(x)DC ©DC

(d)Fullbacks

(s)l.winger (d)CM (s)AP (a)r.winger

(s)DLF (a)AF

Thanks. Great tips.

Whats interesting is that I have had more success in FM 13 until now with playing through the middle, with a 4-3-1-2, or a narrow 4-2-3-1 (3 AMCs). Could be down to my squad, though, my fullbacks and AMCs (Adryan) are quite good, but the wingers (Narsingh on the right, Ibrahim Sissoko on the left) aren't the strongest part of the squad.

In previous FMs it was the opposite, found it difficult to get the most out of my AMCs, but had great success with wingers! If you are ever interested in mixing it up and playing narrow let me know :) Can't guarantee you more goals than currently, but it is an effective, balanced, set up.

Thanks. Great tips.

Whats interesting is that I have had more success in FM 13 until now with playing through the middle, with a 4-3-1-2, or a narrow 4-2-3-1 (3 AMCs). Could be down to my squad, though, my fullbacks and AMCs (Adryan) are quite good, but the wingers (Narsingh on the right, Ibrahim Sissoko on the left) aren't the strongest part of the squad.

In previous FMs it was the opposite, found it difficult to get the most out of my AMCs, but had great success with wingers! If you are ever interested in mixing it up and playing narrow let me know :) Can't guarantee you more goals than currently, but it is an effective, balanced, set up.

Thats good to hear. I suppose they have tweaked through balls and made it more useful than in earlier patch versions. I havent seen it myself yet because I have no AMC. I will try it out on another save for sure.

Right enough.

Is plausible though, as it doesn't just include the league. If you score 140ish in the leage then you could possibly score the rest in CL, FA Cup and CIC.

Certainly pushing the very boundaries of believability, but not crossing them tooo far. Certainly in FM12 it was easy done, but much harder now.

I most certainly did not edit or cheat at anything...if anyone knows of a way to prove i didn't just let me know and i will.

Wilshere leaves for 30 million. Chelsea stupidly paid £15million for Cleverly...I sold Nani for £17.5million. In the second season Porto paid £25million for Hernandez in total i had an outlay of £50million in transfers first season. is that so hard to believe for Manchester United? the second season I had an outlay of 42million...again is that so hard to believe? I have certainly not edited any player attributes, i merely put it down to the modern warfare 4-4-2 tactic and creating a counter tactic for away games.

For someone who says they're not hating, there's a whole lot of hate coming through your posts.

100% honesty or i wouldn't play the game.

Wilshere leaves for 30 million. Chelsea stupidly paid £15million for Cleverly...I sold Nani for £17.5million. In the second season Porto paid £25million for Hernandez in total i had an outlay of £50million in transfers first season. is that so hard to believe for Manchester United? the second season I had an outlay of 42million...again is that so hard to believe? I have certainly not edited any player attributes, i merely put it down to the modern warfare 4-4-2 tactic and creating a counter tactic for away games.

For someone who says they're not hating, there's a whole lot of hate coming through your posts.

100% honesty or i wouldn't play the game.

really cant see Wilshere leaving Arsenal for United I blame the game though.

really cant see Wilshere leaving Arsenal for United I blame the game though.

He's injured beyond the transfer deadline day at the beginning of the first season, but if you bid around £30million on transfer deadline day when his injury is less serious you should be able to get him, i have for Man Utd save and Man City save anyway. much the same as if you bid for Bale £26million at the very start of the game he should come. Perhaps it's not very realistic but I'm merely pointing out that i've not cheated to get the players (Wenger is still manager at Arsenal so how could i?)

Archived