How long after completion can a new period of tutition begin?

So I've just completed my first tutoring sessions. All were very successful and I'm happy with the results. I've been doing alot of reading up on this and cant find the answer to the below questions.

Firstly, I know all the requirements for a player to be a tutor/tutee, eg age, not currently training a preferred move, reputation etc.

1. How soon after one 180 day tutoring period can I then assign the tutor to another player. And how soon can the tutee start another period. It has been around a month now and all my tutors conform to the requirements and still dont have the tutor option available. Is it once a season for both tutor and tutee?

2. Do stats/personality/preferred moves/likes player "x" etc change during the 180 day period or only at the end?

3. How do I cancel a period of tutition and how soon can I reassign those players to teach and learn again.

4. If I assign my tutor to the same tutee again, will he still learn from him, or is it beneficial to look for an alternative tutor.

Thx in advance.

1 - It normally takes around 2-3 months before the tutor can tutor again. The person who had been tutored can be tutored again straight away.

2 - Throughout the tutor.

3 - Same as number 1.

4 - Yups he can still learn from him again if his personality is still weaker or the player still has PPM's to learn from him.

Ahh thats why, I've been searching all day as to why I couldn't do it and thought it was just me that was missing something so obvious!

One last quick question.

I've got a few players who also conform to all the tutoring requirements and still have the option "greyed out". They both finished a period of learning a new postion around 1 month ago and I was thinking this might be the issue. Or is it that some players simply dont want to be Tutors. They are my 2 star players btw and I was also thinking this might be a reason.

One question, on the tutoring subject.

When we ask a player to tutor another player, there are always two options in the private chat. What are the differences choosing one from the other?

Top option does determination, PPM's and hidden attributes. Second option does determination and hidden attributes.

Ahh thats why, I've been searching all day as to why I couldn't do it and thought it was just me that was missing something so obvious!

One last quick question.

I've got a few players who also conform to all the tutoring requirements and still have the option "greyed out". They both finished a period of learning a new postion around 1 month ago and I was thinking this might be the issue. Or is it that some players simply dont want to be Tutors. They are my 2 star players btw and I was also thinking this might be a reason.

Are they learning a PPM by any chance? as they can't tutor or be tutored if thats the case. If you hover over the greyed out text it'll tell you why they can't tutor btw :)

Are they learning a PPM by any chance? as they can't tutor or be tutored if thats the case. If you hover over the greyed out text it'll tell you why they can't tutor btw :)

Nope I've made sure of that. It just says "This topic has been used recently", which is exactly what it says for the Tutors that have recently successfully completed a 180 day cycle. Pretty sure I never assigned him to be a tutor at any point because I've been concentrating on changing his preferred moves for the last 8 months ingame and I only learn't about tutoring this morning.....I learn't about PPM's yesterday, so I know I've never had him tutoring at all. Only had the game for a short period of time and hate being a noob:P

Not a huge issue, I just dont like being able to work out the reason why. Its obviously something I've done or not done. Will give it a few months and check again.

Nope I've made sure of that. It just says "This topic has been used recently", which is exactly what it says for the Tutors that have recently successfully completed a 180 day cycle. Pretty sure I never assigned him to be a tutor at any point because I've been concentrating on changing his preferred moves for the last 8 months ingame and I only learn't about tutoring this morning.....I learn't about PPM's yesterday, so I know I've never had him tutoring at all. Only had the game for a short period of time and hate being a noob:P

Not a huge issue, I just dont like being able to work out the reason why. Its obviously something I've done or not done. Will give it a few months and check again.

If it says 'this topic has been used recently' then it means you've either tutored someone and the time still hasn't passed yet. Or you tried to tutor someone and it was rejected. I'm guessing 3 months haven't passed since they last tutored?

I must have tried and not realised. On a massive learning curve at the moment and can't remember exactly what I have and haven't done! And its the 8th of March now so 2 hours of trawling through regens looking for bargains and then another 2 hrs when the English regens come on the 13th. Pretty sure there is an easier way to search the regens than the way I'm currently doing it, but thats for another thread and another day^^.

Never played FM for a few years and remembering why now, takes so much time:lol: Fortunately thats something I have alot of atm.

Thx for your help Cleon.

It took around 3 weeks before all my tutors could be assigned again.

One more question....I know I cant assign them if they are training for a PPM, but after they have been assigned again as a tutor, can I then train them in the PPM?

And if I do train my players whilst they are tutoring in a PPM, does that cancel the tutoring or just stop the tutoring until the PPM training has finished?

It took around 3 weeks before all my tutors could be assigned again.

One more question....I know I cant assign them if they are training for a PPM, but after they have been assigned again as a tutor, can I then train them in the PPM?

And if I do train my players whilst they are tutoring in a PPM, does that cancel the tutoring or just stop the tutoring until the PPM training has finished?

You can't do both at the same time.

You can't do both at the same time.

I can. Once a player has started tutoring, I can then assign a coach to teach the tutor a PPM. It won't work the other way around, but I do it regularly.

There may be a bug in play though, as I often get PPM failure messages in my inbox of things that weren't actually being attempted.

I can. Once a player has started tutoring, I can then assign a coach to teach the tutor a PPM. It won't work the other way around, but I do it regularly.

There may be a bug in play though, as I often get PPM failure messages in my inbox of things that weren't actually being attempted.

You can't do both at the same time, so report it in the bugs forum.

• 1 month later...
Top option does determination, PPM's and hidden attributes. Second option does determination and hidden attributes.

Does the amount of improvement of the Tutee's stats differ between the two selections or is the option provided simply to ensure that if you have a defensive midfielder for example with high determination/good hidden stats can tutor a offensive midfielder without giving him defensive PPMs?

Does the amount of improvement of the Tutee's stats differ between the two selections or is the option provided simply to ensure that if you have a defensive midfielder for example with high determination/good hidden stats can tutor a offensive midfielder without giving him defensive PPMs?

Its the same, its just so you have an option not to pass a PPM on.

Archived