Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afraid guys I will not be able to play on Thursday night, as I am working, it's only a one off as it's Xmas. I will be free for every game after this. That is if you are starting on Thursday.

No worries Diamond I don't want to be Hull as I have to many predjedices ie Junior Lewis.

efb1a.jpg

******** ANNOUNCEMENT********

Well I can confirm that EFB FM will be kicking off this Thursday night at 8pm. I know one or two can't make it but I want to get it up and running so those that can't make it well nae luck. icon_razz.gif

Now, there are some issues concerning me with FM online like the lag thing. So although we are gonna start on Thursday night if this lag issue affects the game then I am afraid I will be postponing the game till the issue is resolved. So fingers crossed that the lag issue doesn't affect us and roll on Thursday as EFB opens it doors for the third time.

icon_cool.gif

thats sounds good Andy at last get to play

to think we have used 2 pages on this board and not put up 1 update of our clan game yet icon_rolleyes.gif

soon to be 3 and 4 pages i guess after thursday

Just remembered icon_frown.gif Its my companby christmas do on Thursday night icon_rolleyes.gif so unfortunately I will not be their for the opening evenings session icon_eek.gif Good luck to the rest of you, and dont snap up all the good bargains (unless yu're gonna be prepared to loan some out to me)

I guess I was saved, I was away and unavailable till now thinking I would get back to some angry players telling me I couldn't play anymore, but I guess tonight it just wasn't meant to be for anyone (well except diamondtiger icon_wink.gif).

I look forward to monday now and will get a few more days practice in.

I already told Andy this, but will inform everyone else, that I will be travelling home for christmas with no access to FM icon_frown.gif sad for me I know. So from 22nd to 29th I won't be there, please don't steal my players icon_wink.gif.

David enjoy your trip back and your players will be safe ...well from me in any case, wont be able to afford them as much as i would like a player from your team to help my part timmers out.

well with my Barrow team my first few signings will be a brickie to block up my goal, and a rugby coach so i can punt the ball up field for my players to run on to.

i hope that will get me going through the leagues icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chef:

well with my Barrow team my first few signings will be a brickie to block up my goal, and a rugby coach so i can punt the ball up field for my players to run on to.

i hope that will get me going through the leagues icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may already have a brickie in your part timers squad, why spend money when you dont have too! icon_biggrin.gif

My main goal is win everything possible with my Sheffield Wednesday team. Hopefully along the way I will beat Mr Gold to try and shut him up for awhile as well!!!!! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh another goal I have is to thrash that other arrogant tit Kris. icon14.gif

'Mon the Owls!!!!

Game will start tomorow night at 9pm approx. Be there or else. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Only the glory hunters will change teams in a bid for success. The hardcore among us will stick it out with the same team till we get sacked. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Steve R and Andy will have new clubs in Season 2 icon_biggrin.gif

nickwrexham.jpg

BBC- North Wales

Smith Leaves Wrexham

With Wrexham's financial troubles escolating manager Dennis Smith has resigned to further Wrexham's troubles. Un-confirmed reports say that Smith couldn't cope with the pressure of the day to day running of Wrexham, especially with the club in turmoil. Smith has not commented about the resgination but player spokesman Brain Carey, commented " Obviously the gaffer (Smith) felt it was to much stress, especially when us the players haven't been paid for at least 2 months".

With Wrexham in major financial difficulties it is unconfirmed that rookie coach Nick Tennant will take charge of Wrexham.

News Of The World

Rookie Takes Control Of Club In Crisis

Wrexham have appointed Nick Tennant as there manager. This doesn't fill the local fans with optimism as Tennant lacks experience at the managment level. Having signed a 3 year contract Tennant will face a hard task of keeping Wrexham afloat from the reachs of League 2.

With around 16 days passed as manager of Wrexham football there isn't much to note.

The players have started pre-season training with coaches Russell and Dibble among others putting the players through the paces.

On the friendly front we struggle against lower opposition including a 2-0 loss to Newport, 3-0 loss to Berwick and a 1-0 loss to club I can't remember the name of. Worryingly we face Porto in a high profile encounter at the Racecourse in a few days.

With certain financial constraints I struggle to attract players of high quality (whilst Barrow and Vauhxall Motors- also known as General Motors fight it out for around 300 players) but have managed to sign 3 players.

Talbot - 16 year old striker released from big spenders Wednesday. Lethal finisher who can punch above his own age.

Paul Warhurst - 34 year utlitity player, who can play every where on the pitch apart from in goal. Season pro from a free transfer, adds experiences a versatility.

James Collins - From Ray Lewingtons Watford, young unexperienced centre half and midfielder costing zero pounds. Got him under the noses of Rob's QPR (although hes says he pulled out because he was rubbish).

nickwrexham.jpg

BBC-North Wales

Smith Resigns, Whilst Rookie Takes Charge

With Wrexham struggling financially the club have announced today that manager Dennis Smith has left the club. Un-confirmed reports have reported that Smith has been in dispute over wages. The club are in major debt and players haven't been paid for around 4 months. The club have hit out back at reports and the club spokesman said "Dennis has left mutually on internal club matters".

With ex chairman Alex Hamiliton still owning the Racecourse and looking to sell for property development this couldn't of come at a worse time for the Wrexham FC fans.

The club have wasted no time making an appointment with rookie manager Nick Tennant been thrown into the mantle. This doesn't fill fans with enthusasim as one fan summed it up with "Who?". Player spokesman and club captain Brain Carey released this statement "Obviously the players are dissapointed with Dennis leaving but he was under more strain than all of us put together. The new boss has come in and we wiill all work hard to help the club through this new period"

First thing to note through the 16 day period was the 3 friendlies we played. Firstly we lost to 1-0 to team I can't remember the name of, then we lost to Newport County 2-0 and finally we lost to Berwick 3-0. So overall not a good start to my campaign as Wrexham manager, especially with no goals scored and 6 conceded. The announcment of Chris Armstrong with knee cartlidge trouble furthered my depression.

On the signings front we signed 3 new players (whilst the minows Barrow and Vauxhall Motors battle it out for 300 players offering Astra's and a one wheeled garden tool as lucrative deals)

Anyway to the sigings:

Talbot: Young 16 year old striker picked up off the long listed of free agents. Released by big spenders Sheffield Wednesdy, lethal finisher and can punch above his own age.

Paul Wharhurst: Another ex Sheff Wednesday free agent. Aged 34 offers bags of experienced and versaitility.

Collins: Signed from manager Ray Lewington

fot the cost of zero pounds. Beat off competiton from Rob's QPR for his signature (although he says he pulled out of the deal).

I would just like to say that it was a pleasure to finally get EFB underway and going again.

In my and Andy's third term with the game, it should be just as good as the last 2.

Archived