Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick: Good to see you back in EFB as your team needs you and your job is under threat like I told you last night. The pressure is on for you to produce my boy. icon_biggrin.gif

Rob: No problem mate, your team does better without you anyway!! icon_razz.gif

Andy i think i might stay away aswell and just pop in now and again as my team has done alot better when i was not there on monday icon_biggrin.gif

but then again it might be wise to stay as im so close to getting a play off place

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Play Off Spot in the Offing??

The League Campaign

Sheffield Wednesday gaffer Andrew Hepburn has taken his team into a secure play off spot as we head towards the 'business' end of the season. Recent form has been good but Hepburn still wants more from his team as he feels his team do not score enough goals. Here is a rundown of the latest games.....

Sheffield Wednesday v Gillingham - (H) - 0-0

Much has been made of the Owls poor home form this season as they had only won twice at home all season and this was another frustrating afternoon for Hepburn and his team. A game that the Owls more than dominated produced no goals at the end of the ninety minutes. His team seemed incapable of hitting the target, in particualr David Poole who had a truly awful game. They wer without the injured Simak but should have scored at least a goal. yet another loss of two points.

Wigan v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-1

Next up was a tough away game at big spending Wigan. The Owls started off the better of the two teams and took the lead after only nine minutes through David Poole who unexpectedly kept his place after his last performance in an Owls jersey. Wigan came back strongly and got their equaliser sixteen minutes from time and a draw was just about right at the end of the game.

Shefffield Wednesday v Leicester - (H) - 3-1 Win for the Owls

A huge game at Hillsborough this one as fourth met third in the league as the Owls were trying to make up some ground on third placed Leicester. This was a superb performance from the Owls as they tore apart Leicester and made up some ground on them in the race for automatic promotion. The Owls had started off the better team and seemed the hungrier of the two teams. Richie Partridge got the owls in front with a superb goal after twenty minutes. Leicester equalised only eleven minutes later when Titus Bramble rose unmarked to bullet a header home and the owls fans thought it was the same again. The players had different ideas and went all out attack in the second half much to the amazement of Leicester who seemed to have no answer as the Owls swarmed all over them. Costa had them 2-1 in front on the hour with a superb goal and Jan Simak capped off a quite brilliant performance with a goal to seal the win for the Owls and maybe break the Hillsborough hoodoo they seem to have.

Hull v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-1

After a superb win at home at last it was onto their travels again to defend their unbeaten away record so far this season. Unfortunately for them they found Hull to be too good on the day as the unbeaten record ended thanks to a Nick Barmby penalty that was hotly disputed and it did appear not much contact was made. The Owls could no find a way through a very solid Hull side.

Shefield Wednesday v Norwich - (H) 3-1 WIn for the Owls

At the end of this game the fans celebrated as if they had won the league as Hepburn's Owls notched up back to back wins at home for the first time this season. New Owls signing Mokoena was given his home debut and he made an instant impact as he put the owls ahead after only eleven minutes with a superb shot from inside the box. It was 2-0 only a few minutes later as Simak finished off a flowing move involving Costa and Partridge. Then right on half time Guy Demel made it 3-0 with a classy finish. It was a quite remakrable first half showing from the Owls. The second half as happens in most cases was a bit of a training exercise for the Owls who seemed content with the three goals. Safri pulled a goal back for Norwich but it was little more than a consolation. Superb performance from the Owls.

Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0 Win for the Owls

Continuing their superb away record they went to the sea side town of Brighton and left with another three points in the bag. It was another classy performance from the Owls who really tore Brighton apart from the first whistle to the last whistle. Ian Bennett in the Brigton goal played superbly to keep the score down as Wednesday seemed capable of creating chances at will. Star of the show was new signing Mokoena who grabbed the opening goal and the man of the match award. The second goal came from Cruyff right on full time but it should have been over long before that point.

Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds - (H) - 1-1

It was back to Hillsobrough as the Owls entertained Leeds and for the second time this season nothing could seperate these sides. It was a close game at Ellend Road and again it was close. The Owls got off to the best possible start as Simak had them ahead after only three minutes. Both teams had chances as both sides went all out attack. The Owls went in at half time 1-0 up but Malcolm Christie had Leeds level seconds after the restart and that was how it remained for the rest of the match. Again both teams had chances to win the game but a draw was a fair result at the end of it.

The FA Cup Adventure

The third round draw for the FA Cup was made and it paired Sheffield Wednesday against city rivals Utd who were in League two after a disasterous season last year. The two teams could not be seperated after 90 minutes of football at Hillsborough , much to Hepburn's annoyance at his team's inability to put Utd away. So it was back to Bramell Lane and in a surprise Utd put their rivals out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle. It was a changed Wednesday line up but it should have been able to get a result against a team a division below them. Ndubu-Nsungu had the Owls ahead but Utd immediatley hit back and then went on to win the game as Chris Coupe made himself a hero with the winner eleven minutes from the end. Another disappointing run in the FA Cup came to an end before it had even begun. Hepburn was furious at the loss as he had been hoping for a good run in the competition.

mybadge.jpg

17th Dec 05 League Game

Southend 2

Thompson 28 Armstrong 30

Northampton 0

After our big defeat at home to Mansfield we find we our hit by a sucker punch today at Southend. For most of the first 25 minutes of the game both teams we giving a good account of themselves. It was only a wicked deflection off my keeper that opened up the scoring. Thompson had taken a shot from the edge of the box. The keeper saved the shot but pushed the ball onto the post, which then came back and hit the keeper on the head to go into the goal to make it 1-0 to Southend.

So if things could not get any worse we went 2-0 behind 2 minutes later when poor marking at a corner let in Armstrong to make it 2-0. This was not going to plan and more so in the second half where we were always second to the ball.

So 2 defeats on the trot and another few places down the table I move, I do hope this isn’t the start of a bad run

Man of the Match Ogden…8/10…Southend

Attendance 3839/i]

Ref Ron James

Position in league 8th

26th Dec 05 League Game

Northampton 1

Willmott 60

Cambridge 0

Lets hope we have not had to much Christmas spirit in us today and are not in the process of not giving away to many presents away as we have been doing in our last few games.

We seemed to have come out with all guns blazing and show no mercy to the visitors and it has me baffled as to why we could not perform like this in the last 2 games.

With us on top in the first half we could not find that bit of luck we needed to get that opening goal.

So into the 2nd half and it was more of the same …..We were on top but still not getting that break we needed. We did find the luck in the 60th minute. A corner was given to us and an in swinger from Singh found Willmott on the near post. He rose above the defenders and got his header in and directed the ball to go in at the near post.

So with the goal we went on to try and get another one but the goal keeping from Ruddy had kept the score down to 1-0.

Man of the Match Ruddy…9/10…Cambridge

Attendance 3664/i]

Ref Joe Taylor

Position in league 7th

28th Dec 05 League Game

Darlington 1

Reid 17

Northampton 0

So we have the same ref again for this match. But this time it us who are giving out the presents in this festive few games.

We seemed to have hit an up and down patch to our games and this is no different to that.

A goal by Reid early in the first half has given all the points to the home team as we don’t seem to want to make a fight of it. Alas we go home with no points and another place in the league dropped.

Man of the Match West…9/10…Northampton

Attendance 5974/i]

Ref Joe Taylor

Position in league 8th

1st Jan 06 League Game

Northampton 1

Gilks 23 (og)

Rochdale 1

Townson 67

Things aren’t much better in the New Year as we give away a goal lead after being in front for most of the game. The goal for came from some good work down the right of the pitch where Tolley crossed the ball for Smith. As Smith was a bit slow to the ball Gilks got to it and tried to clear his lines only to divert it into his own net.

Fair play to Rochdale this little setback did not dampen their hearts. It was through some hard work by the Rochdale lads that they got level with Townson capping a fine move.

So this draw keeps us in the top 8 of the league, but I feel this should have been 3 points instead of the 1 and maybe a movement up to 7th

Man of the Match Brisco…8/10…Rochdale

Attendance 3615/i]

Ref John Holbrook

Position in league 8th

11th Jan 06 League Game

Aldershot 0

Northampton 0

With both teams having a few days off since their last games this game was shown to have had an effect on the long delay in their last games of playing. Both teams seemed to be missing that bit of spark and the players off both sides looked a bit leg tired.

As the score was 0-0 this was not a classic of a game and I don’t have a lot to report on the match. Only that this was a clean sheet for us that we have missed in the last few games

Man of the Match Shaw…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 7385/i]

Ref Ken Powell

Position in league 8th

14th Jan 06 League Game

Chester 1

Clare 41

Northampton 1

Shaw 54

Another away game for us and what a hard game this turned out to be. Chester were on fire and I do believe we were lucky to come away with a point today. Chester had so many chances I thought I might need to get a brikkie in as my next signing to build a wall in my goal to stop any more balls fly into the net.

Chester did take the lead with their top goal scorer Clare who got a shot in at goal that went flying past my keeper. I think we were lucky to get a chance so soon into the 2nd half to bring the game back to all square.

Shaw had got rid of his marker and played a 1-2 with Nardiello on the edge of the box to flummox the Chester defence and found the space he needed to get his shot away.

With the game at 1-1 I felt it still was not safe and Chester poised the more threat to getting the next goal than we did. With this in mind I decided to hang on to what I have and rally the troops back to fight another day. 1 point is better than none in my opinion and today as it looked we are lucky to have the 1 so lets hang on to it.

Man of the Match Makin…8/10…Chester

Attendance 4810/i]

Ref Neil Hancox

Position in league 9th

The next few games I had my assistant manager take charge as I was out of the country so all I have is the results for you people and the scorers of the goals, and what little feed back he left for me on my desk of the games.

21st Jan 06 League Game

Northampton 2

Fox 38 (pen) 90

Grimsby 1

Pinault 64

A change of tactic and change of faces in the team seems to have freshened up the team and we get a well deserved win. Well done my assistant manager

24th Jan 06 League Game

Northampton 2

Reeves 35 Mackey 58

Boston 0

I don’t know what the man has put in the coffee pot but it seems to be working as my assistant gets another fine win. At this rate I might be out of a job

28th Jan 06 League Game

Bristol Rovers 1

Agogo 8

Northampton 1

Singh 11

I thought it could not last with 3 wins on the trot but again the number 2 has done a great job. This was the same result early on in the season as both teams finished 1-1 that day as well.

The last few results have seen my team move up to 6th in the table and now we find we are in the business end of the season we are in a strong position for a play off place at the end of the season.

Recap so far

We have fond it hard going and more so than I thought. We have been a team going up and down in the table from 10th to 3rd place.

The players I have had have done a solid job so far for me but I’m after that little bit more that could move us back into the top 3 again and thus giving us the freedom to to try and attract a few better players to the club to the next faze of this rebuilding project I have taken on.

The bank balance seems to be ok at the moment but a good cup run would have helped with this.

More to follow …

mybadge.jpg

We are in free fall and we just can’t stop it ïŒ

The story of the next few games sees my team drop down the league and at one point it did not look good.

4th Feb 06 League Game

Northampton 1

Smith 37

Cheltenham 2

Melligan 73 May 87

Where did it all go wrong for us today on the park? We went a goal up with an assist from Chambers who found Smith in space to put us in the lead.

We were helped along when Pearson was sent off for his 2nd yellow card of the game (55th minute) , so at the time it looked like plain sailing and the points were in the bag. Plus Im sure that the first goal for Cheltenham was an offside one as Melligan had pulled to far forward off Dolan. As for the killer goal, May had got his back to the goal in the penalty box and turn his marker Willmott to fire the ball past our keeper Bull.

Not a good day at the office so to speak.

Man of the Match Melligan…8/10…Cheltenham

Attendance 3775

Ref Neil Hancox

Position in league 8th

11th Feb 06 League Game

Brentford 4

Hutchinson 9, 30 Wright 71 Rankin 90

Northampton 1

Smith 4

What the f*%k happened out there today I do not know. We were an absolutely disgrace today and the sending off of our right back West did not help matters.

The only highlight of today was Smiths goal which was a passing move through the centre of the park between the 3 S’s Singh, Shaw, and Smith. Even the beer at the end of the match was a bit warm and flat just like our performance on the pitch.

Man of the Match O’Connor…9/10…Brentford

Attendance 5948

Ref Tony Green

Position in league 9th

14th Feb 06 League Game

Northampton 0

Leyton Orient 0

The team at the moment seemed to have lost a lot of confidence in their ability out on the park This result goes to help us out a bit as we do keep a clean sheet at last, but we still cant get on top of a team that are down to 10 men as it seems to go the other way and give confidence to the team that are a man down.

Man of the Match McCann…8/10…Orient

Attendance 3941

Ref Allan Rawcliffe

Position in league 9th

A player on the move

With players coming into the team and some going on loan that I did not stanchion I had a bit of a dilemma with Murry who wont put pen to paper for a new contract but at the time is one of my first team players. With an offer coming in for him for £22k I had no choice but to let him go.

18th Feb 06 League Game

Rushden 2

Parry 38, Gray 81 (pen)

Northampton 0

Yet another kick in the teeth to my team. We had the same amount of shots at the goal than Rushden but our finishing was not what I expect. We need to start to put the chances away that we make otherwise its going to be a fight to stay in the division as we are on free fall at the moment.

Ebanks-Blake’s was a man on fire with the first goal for Rushden he just ran at my defence and ran and my defenders could not or would not put a tackle in on him and we paid the price for this. He got to the goal line and pulled the ball back for Parry to knock the ball in.

A bad tackle from Dolan had given Rushden a penalty with his tackle on Gray inside the box.

Man of the Match Gray…8/10…Rushden

Attendance 5868

Ref Simon Griffiths

Position in league 11th

25th Feb 06 League Game

Shrewsbury 2

Rodgers 16 (pen) Dyer 87

Northampton 1

Howie 12 (og)

We are dropping down the table so fast we are in danger of being in a relegation fight than a fight for a play off place and this result has not helped our course.

For some reason the team have lost that will to get the ball in the net or even get a chance to. Im thinking that my 4132 is not quite clicking and the strikers are not getting the service they need.

We find ourselves 1-0 up with an own goal after Mackey had a shot that came off the defender Howie, but not long later we were at1-1 with another penalty given against us this time it was Rodgers who was tripped by West in the box and he picked himself up to put the ball on the spot and score.

As things were we were looking to get a point out of the game until Lowe had attacked down the right side of the pitch and got his cross in to find Dyer to put the ball past our keeper Bull.

Man of the Match Doyle…8/10…Shrewsbury

Attendance 6499

Ref Tony Horton

Position in league 13th

4th March 06 League Game

Northampton 3

Nardiello 25, Singh 54, Shaw 78.

Barnet 0

It must be an away thing as at home we seemed to be a different team we have had a good few days on the training pitch and it showed today. We worked on the defensive aspect of our game as the last few games we have not been as tight at the back as I would like.

We got on the score sheet with a goal from Nardiello who had lost his marker in the box to leave him one on one with the keeper. Goal 2 came when Singh was played a through ball from Jaszczum who also found he was one on one with Gore the Barnet keeper.

Was I watching the same team playing that im managing win at home but cant do anything away from home? What has happened here today would hopefully put us back on the right track.

To make my day a lot better we saw Shaw get his goal and give us all the points.

Man of the Match Jaszczum…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 3799

Ref Tim Howes

Position in league 12th

7th March 06 League Game

Northampton 0

Oldham 0

If we had played this game a week or 2 earlier I think we would have been blown off the park as Oldham are on a role at the moment being in the top 3 and not fearing any one that they come up against.

The win against Barnet had given my team a jolt of confidence as we held our own against the team from the North West. If truth be told we were the better team on the day and maybe unlucky not to get all 3 points.

Man of the Match Doyle…8/10…Oldham

Attendance 4267

Ref Allan Rawcliffe

Position in league 12th

Sad news today as one of our fellow mangers gets the sack from his club. The young manager Nick of Wrexham has had his contract terminated due to winning his last 3 games on the bounce but his board wanted more. With his job on insecure any kind off involvement from an outside source might have tipped the board to get rid of their manger. With a certain Mr Hepburn and Mr Smith still looking to better themselves I enquired to see what was going on with Wrexham little did I know it would have got the manager the sack ïŒ (im sorry Nick )

after Nicks departure I was offered the job but turned it down as Wrexham are in a worse stat than my team money wise and player wise we are about the same.

11th March 06 League Game

Wrexham 2

MacLean 6, Bates 25

Northampton 3

Shaw 21, Fox 44(pen) Talbot 53

How ironic that my next game would be against a manger less Wrexham. The early game in the season saw my team come out winners 2-0 but this time it was a lot different.

We went behind to an early goal from MacLean who had got in front of his marker Chambers and the keeper to get a head on the ball to make it 1-0 and claim his 10th goal of the season.

We soon got back on level terms with a free kick just outside the box to the left of the goal. Shaw stepped up and got the ball over the wall and into the net 1-1.

But 4 minutes later we were a goal down again when Bates took a free kick 25 yards out which was to fly past our defenders and keeper.

Lean Cort had brought down Smith in the box in which we got a penalty and put this away to go in at half time level at 2-2 but the fall that Smith had meant that he had to go off and we had to put a youngster on as our other strikers were not fit so Talbot makes his debut for us today and one that he wont forget in a hurry.

With being a team that was always chasing the game we got our noses in front when Talbot received the ball from Fox and he ran at the defenders but got a shot in just before the defenders got to him, but his shot was on its way to the back of the net and a goal that was going to be the winner of this tight game.

Man of the Match Fox…10/10…Northampton

Attendance 4094

Ref Ken Parker

Position in league 11th

More to follow …

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Well after I returned to my position in EFB, I found my adopted club Wrexham lieing in 13th position and my job under threat. The players reacted well with 3 wins on the trot and the club only 5 points away from the play off zone with 10 games or so to play. A 3-2 loss to the top side Cambridge away from home compounded my misery after taking a 2-0 lead in the first 17 minutes. I was sacked the following day. So this is the last time you will here from me as the Wrexham manager, hoping the club can move forward and I can move on to better things. Whoever may take over has one heck of a job but made easier by the inforstructure I have implemented.

End of Chapter "Wrexham"

What infrastructure did you implement Nick? Sure didn't work!!!! icon_razz.gif

I think you should have given a more in depth analysis of your sacking as the great people of the FMO Online forum want to read all about it. icon_biggrin.gif

Andy :- i bet he had a farmer as his scout icon_biggrin.gif to many sheep on the hills so he had a feild day looking at all the joyful lambs and not looking to getting any decent players in icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chef:

Andy :- i bet he had a farmer as his scout icon_biggrin.gif to many sheep on the hills so he had a feild day looking at all the joyful lambs and not looking to getting any decent players in icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Colin, with regards to your post, ask yourself the following questions.....

What is the date of the last update??

Are players posting a lot in the thread??

Have you actually bothered reading the thread from start to finish??

Nope, didn't think you checked any of that, made yourself look a bit stupid? Yep you sure did, next time before you jump in feet first, actually bother to read the thread as otherwise, people will pay as much attention to your post as you have to their game thread.

If you actually read the thread, you'd actually also learn how to apply for this game!

bristolcitydave.jpg

Titties Update

A quick update on the results for the titties while the manager was away, and this time around the assistant has managed to earn his money.

Peterborough (A) 1-1

Cardiff (A) 2-0

Doncaster (H) 3-0

Hereford (H) LDV Vans Trophy S Final Leg 1 3-1

Swansea (A) 0-2

Sheff Utd (H) 4-1

Bradford City (A) 2-0

Chesterfield (H) 2-0

Colchester (H) 1-0

Hereford (A) LDV Vans Trophy S Final Leg 2 1-1

Torquay (H) 4-2

So a number of wins there for the titties and they find themselves now 8th in the league and only 4 points off the playoff spot, with a game in hand. Also we will play Chesterfield in the LDV Vans Trophy Final on the 9th of April.

paulhartlepoolbadge.jpg

Hartlepool – The rouchie years

Paul Rouch has been unable to commit to manageing Hartlepool of late and has left the assistant manager in control in his absence. Consequently, the ‘pool have slid down the table and now lie 14th in League One, 12 points off of the play off zone with only 8 games remaining. Something of a tall order!! We shall see. Full rports of the final 8 games to follow.

bristolcitydave.jpg

So on to tonights session and Bristol will start off with a game against MK Dons Away.

League One

MK Dons (A) 15th March 2006

The Dons set out with an attacking formation in an attempt to score a good few goals. But it's Bristol who play the more attacking football, but they are unable to convert any of their chances as the first half finishes goalless. Second half gets underway nd it's Bristol on top again, and after 75 minutes they take the lead through Heffernan. however 10 minutes later the Dons pull level and the game ends 1-1.

MK Dons 1 Bristol C 1

MOM: Graeme Holmes 10 (Bristol)

Goal Scorers: Heffernan (75)

Assists: Holmes (75)

ATT: 8302

So a draw to start the session in Bristol's game in hand and they now find themselves only 3 points behind the playoff spot. So next it's Barnsley at home.

League One

Barnsley (H) 18th March 2006

The game gets underway and after 3 minutes Gillespie comes back from injury and gets on the scoresheet with a tap in after his original effort hit the bar. Then 15 minute later he strikes again to make it 2-0. And thats half time. The second half passes with not much to report. Full time 2-0.

Bristol C 2 Barnsley 0

MOM: Scott Murray 9 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Gillespie (3,18)

Assists: Murray (18)

ATT: 11594

So a great win for Bristol and now only 1 point keeps Bristol away from a playoff spot. Next its Huddersfield away.

League One

Huddersfield (A) 27th March 2006

Huddersfield come out to play with 3 players up front obviously looking for a few goals. But it's City that strike first through Gillespie after 35 minutes. And that's how the first half ends. Second half gets underway and it takes 33 minutes for Huddersfield to pull level. And the game finishes 1-1.

Huddersfield 1 Bristol C 1

MOM: Danny Shittun 8 (Bristol)

Goal Scorers: Gillespie (35)

Assists: Bolt (35)

ATT: 13547

So yet another draw for the titties, but still only a point away from the playoffs.

League One

Watford (A) 1st April 2006

A big game here for Bristol as they play against the team 1 place above them. But after 25 minutes Watford take the lead through a sloppy goal. Then 10 minutes later they make it 2. 30 minutes into the second half and Heffernan pulls one back for the titties. After 83 minutes Gillespie makes it 2-2. With 3 minutes remaining Gillespie makes it 3-2. And thats how it ends.

Watford 2 Bristol C 3

MOM: Scott Murray 9(Team)

Goal Scorers: Heffernan (77), Gillespie (84,88)

Assists: Gillespie (77), Spector (84), Murray (88)

ATT: 12955

That fantastic comeback for Bristol take them up into 5th place. So a possible playoff spot this season.

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Automatic Promotion Is In Sight!!!!!

The League Campaign

In a remarkable turnaround with only a few games to go the Owls find themselves in with a real chance of back to back promotions. The league title is out of their reach as Bolton have all but sewn this league up. The Owls find themselves seven points behind Nottingham Forest but Forest have the trickier run in so there is still hope for Hepburn's Owls. here is a rundown of the latest games......

Millwall v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-0 Win for the Owls

A trip to the New Den saw the lions tamed as the Owls swooped and took the three points with them. It was a vintage performance from the Owls who tore Millwall apart with wave after wave of attack. All the goals came in the first half as the Owls strikers were in red hot form for once. New signing Mokoena scored a double and Costa aded a third all before there was half an hour of this game gone. Simak was pulling the strings in midfield and Millwall had no answer.

Sheffield Wednesday v Preston - (H) - 2-0 Win for the Owls

The Owls continued there good run of form with another dominating performance against a stuffy Preston side who seemed intent in leaving Hillsborough with a point. The defensive gameplan came into effect after a Callum Davidson own goal had given the Owls an early lead. Wednesday then managed to squander a few chances as they struggled to find a second goal. The second goal did come from the man of the moment Mokoena to seal yet another three points for the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Reading - (H) - 2-0 Win for the Owls

All this talk about this home hoodoo the Owls have had to endure was getting shot down by the minute with yet another great win at the expense of Reading. Again it was an early goal and a late goal that sealed this win for Sheffield Wednesday. It was the strikeforce of Mokoena and Costa that got the goals and with the brilliant Simak in midfield, the Owls are taking some stopping at the moment.

Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-1 Defeat

This game saw the end of the Owls unbeaten run and it was so unexpectedly as well. Mokoena had the Owls ahead in the first half but they were made to pay for once as they could not find a the killer second goal. Tranmere grabbed two late goals and there was no way back for the Owls. Hepburn was left raging at his team's defensive lapses that cost the team dearly.

Stoke v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-2 Win for the Owls

After the defeat at Tranmere, Hepburn wanted an immediate response from his team to get them back on the road to the play offs. He got exactly that - A performance full of determination and passion and a quite brilliant hat trick from Costa who for once outshone new signing Mokoena in the goalscoring stakes. The whole team played very well and Lucas made a few important saves to keep them ahead towards the end as Stoke piled everyone forward in search of goals. it was not to be and the Owls got back to winning ways.

Sheffield Wednesday v Crystal Palace - (H) - 2-0 Win for the Owls

A really tough game here as both sides were chasing promotion and were not giving much away. A really tight game but the difference was one man in Lebohang Mokoena who is quickly becoming the new hero of the Owls fans, even more so than Luis Costa who they already love. The Owls defence was in fine form as well as they snuffed out any chances that Palace had.

Bolton v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 4-2 Defeat

A top of the table clah with the Owls having to win to have a very very slim chance of winning the Championship. It was a spectacular encounter as the Owls were ahead twice but the power and pace of Bolton proved too much for the Owls on this occasion. It was a battle between Jay Jay Okocha and jan Simak that made all the headlines before the game and Jay Jay came out on top of the dual and effectively won the game for Bolton but so did Simak for the Owls who also had a brilliant game as always. The Owls found themsleves in front twice but failed to hold onto the lead for any significent time as Bolton hit back straight away twice and then moved up a level and won the game.

Shefield Wednesday v Rotherham - (H) - 2-1 Win for the Owls

After the defeat at Bolton the league was now out of their reach but they still had the chance of automatic promotion via the runners up position. So they bounced back well and played with a lot of confidence and should have scored a few more goals than the scoreline suggested. A double from Luis Costa had the Owls in a commanding position although Rotherham pulled a goal back but it did not affect the Owls who went in search of a third goal but it never came in the end but it was three more valuable points for the Owls' promotion bid.

Ipswich v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-0 Win for the Owls

The Owls were out for revenge in this one as Ipswich took them apart at Hillsborugh earlier in the season. They started off like an express train and put Ipswich under a lot of pressure but could not find a way through. The second half started much like the first half with the Owls dominating trying to find a way through and they eventually found a way through via the penalty spot. It was a stonewall penalty as Costa was brought down in the box and Simak tucked the penalty away nicely to give them the points.

Sheffield Wednesday v Burnley - (H) - 4-0 Win for the Owls

A simply dominating performance from Sheffield Wednesday as they created chances at will and seemly could score at will. In the end it was four and all four went to the sensational Mokoena who is just getting better and better it seems for the Owls.

Nottm Forest v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-1 Win for the Owls

This was a must win game for Sheffield Wednesday if they had any hopes of catching Forest. Both teams were in fine form coming into the game but there was only one team on form in this game and it was Sheffield Wednesday. From the first whistle till the last whistle they seemed the hungrier of the two teams. They also had revenge in their minds as they were thumped 3-1 at Hillsborough by Forest. A great first half from the Owls almost counted for nothing as the score was still 0-0 but then Costa as he did last season stepped up and scored a cruical goal to send Wednesday in 1-0 up at half time. Their lead was increased just seconds into the second half as a Jan Simak penalty put them 2-0 up and Forest were reeling. Before the hour the Owls were three ahead and Costa grabbed his second of the game and the Owls were on easy street. They took their foot off the gas a little and it did let Forest back in the game as Craig Westcarr pulled a goal back for Forest but it was not enough and the Owls emerged superb victors from this top of the table clash.

So it leaves the Owls in a great position going into the last few games of the season, only seven points behind Forest and looking for them to drop more points.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chef:

why andy who are the good managers we have in the clan icon_biggrin.gif do you mean rouchie ,me and nick ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I was just saying general that Scottish managers were better than English managers. Just look at the history of British Footy for all the evidence. icon_cool.gif

But yeah I think I am the only good manager in this clan. icon_biggrin.gif

yes but, no but, yes but, no but no. we have all givin you a head start Andy icon_biggrin.gif, soon the English managers will be on the move to take over the clan icon_wink.gif

mybadge.jpg

Can we steady the ship?

After our last result could we now take this forward and try and get back into the play offs? Read on to find out.

18th March 06 League Game

Northampton 3

Mackey 32, Willmott 54, Shaw 73.

Scunthorpe 2

Windass 40, Crosby 48 (pen)

After our last game we have another hard game in front of us today. It seems that we are under pressure from the start and give away a penalty in the 14th minute when Windass had got into the box and was brought down by Jaszczum. Crosby steps up to take the shot, Bull pulls off a great dive to the left to keep the ball out the game is still 0-0. Not long later Scunthorpe go on another attack but due to some good defending we keep the visitors out, but for how long who knows.

We get our goal by going backwards to go forward. Fox picks the ball up in the centre of the park but is closed down so he turns to play the ball back to the left back Jaszczum. With the ball at his feet he plays a Hollywood pass to see Mackey make his run off his marker and then see the youngster put the ball in the net.

Windass gets the visitors level with a header and we go into the break all square.

Into the 2nd half and we give away yet another penalty this time Crosby does put the ball into the net 2-1 down. With a corner to us some 6 minutes later Willmott got his head to the ball to make it 2-2.

Shaw capped a brilliant team move to give us the lead later on into the game and give us the 3 points out of this hard fought game.

Man of the Match Marshall…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 3649

Ref Ken Powell

Position in league 10th

25th March 06 League Game

Northampton 2

Marshall 12, Nardiello 68

Macclesfield 0

Just before that match had started we gave a warm welcome to our latest addition to the squad and that is we have a new young keeper from Chester. S Allaway has been brought in for cover this season and looking to make his mark next season.

I think the players can see that anybodies position is under threat to the team as I’m not afraid to get players in to make the team a stronger one.

Marshall gets us off to a flyer with a goal so soon into the match and Nardiello gets the other one in the 2nd half. Marshals goal was a header from a corner and Nardiello’s goal came about when he delivered a through ball from Reeves which found him one on one with the keeper.

Man of the Match Reeves…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 3611

Ref Garry Stott

Position in league 9th

I have won … the Manager of the Month for March. I hope this is the start of many to come my way, lets hope and see shall we.

1st April 06 League Game

Port Vale 1

Paynter 90

Northampton 2

Shaw 49, Mackey 75

I think we have done a hit and run here as we got away with Red murder today. We were not the better team today by any means and we only got the goals today from our counter attacking play.

Nardiello had the ball in his own half and the Vales defence was pushed up high up the pitch he played the ball in the space behind them for Shaw to run onto it. As Goodlad ran out to stop Shaw getting the ball, Shaw flicked it over the advancing keeper to put us in front. Our second goal came when Mackey’s strength held off the defence for him to get his shot in at Goodlads goal.

Port Vale did get a goal back right at the death but it was a little to late to do any damage to the end result of us taking away all the points today.

So yet another win and another movement up the league. Lets hope its not going to be a tadge to far for us as we try to get that all important place in the play offs

Man of the Match Nardiello…10/10…Northampton

Attendance 4840

Ref Andy Hogg

Position in league 8th

More to follow …

Stags2.jpg

After been sacked it doesn't take me long to find a willing club to take me on. The club which has decided to put me in the helm is Mansfield Town. The club is not in such a bad situation. Their finances are relatively good and in the black. With a wage budget of around 14k they seem to be in a fairly good predicament. The problem being in 37 matches the goal tally of the club is laughable 32 goals, however the blue and yellas have a mean defence and hav only conceded 36 goals. So there is something to work on. However condsolidation is the key this year placed in 17th position in League 2.

Transcript Taken from recent Press Conference

Firstly Mr. Tennant what makes you think you can do a better job than previous

maangers, who I may add have had a better record than yourself?

Well for a start I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel I could take this club to better places, judge me on the clubs performances on the pitch rather than by my managerial pedigree.

What went wrong at Wrexham?

What went right at Wrexham? No the club was in a bad financial position, the wage budget was lower than what this club has at this current time, and we where in a league above, obviously this year I bought players in which I thought could do the job but on limited resources I didn't have the squad I wanted.

What is your aim?

Well this year to let the squad know what I want to bring into the club, and next year promotion is the aim. If I can get the team scoring goals I feel we can acomplish that.

So my first game took me to a similar placed side in Port Vale. The fans were not treated to a footballin feast, as a bore draw was the outcome 0-0. The attendence at Field Mill was 4,534.

Mansfield 0-0 Port Vale

On our travels we faced Darlington. We where thoroughly outplayed through out the match and lost 2-0. Hockless and Armstrong giving the home side a deserved victory.

Darlington 2-0 Mansfield

The club serured the services of Cheltneham's Winger Martin Deavney for the sum of 3k. The attack minded player can play both wings and through middle. He could be important player in the future.

Our next game was a home tie verus Southend. Things started off well after Greenacre opened the scoring after 3 minutes. Jones and Townsend gave Southend the win, however it could of been different if Deveany's header would of found the net rather than the frame of the goal.

Mansfield 1-2 Southend

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Aye but we also secretly want you to do well. gets boring laughing at the same person all the time. Hopefully Pete, rouchie or Rob do **** so we can laugh at them. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me tell you Nick, Andy is speaking from a lot of experience here icon_biggrin.gif hehe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Aye but we also secretly want you to do well. gets boring laughing at the same person all the time. Hopefully Pete, rouchie or Rob do **** so we can laugh at them. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me tell you Nick, Andy is speaking from a lot of experience here icon_biggrin.gif hehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but at least I have won a few games in EFB FM unlike some Steve. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Let me tell you Nick, Andy is speaking from a lot of experience here icon_biggrin.gif hehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but at least I have won a few games in EFB FM unlike some Steve. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would help if I actually play a "few" games though wouldnt it icon_biggrin.gif

bristolcitydave.jpg

Titties Update

So on to an important session for the titties with the LDV Vans Trophy Final and possibly also the end of the season. With the titties sitting in 5th position they are well on their way to a playoff spot.

But for the moment everyone in Bristol is concentrating on securing a trophy for the season with Bristol taking on Chesterfield at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

LDV Vans Trophy Final

Chesterfield (N) 9th April 2006

The excitement of cup final day can be seen on the faces of all the Bristol fans, and manager Johnston is dressed for the occasion in his suit and tie. Sticking with the team that has done so well recently the game gets underway, and for the first 10 minutes most chances fall to the titties, then in the 11th minute they take one of their chances to make it 1-0 through Gillespie then only 3 minutes later Holmes makes it 2-0. A few more chances fall to Bristol before the half is out but none hit the back of the net. So 2-0 at half time. And the second half gets underway much as the first did, and in the 57th minute Chesterfield add another to the titties tally by scoring an own goal. Only 11 minutes later Danny Bolt adds another to make it 4-0. With 5 minutes to play Junior slots home from close range to make it 5. And thats how it ends, a fantastic win for the titties and Johnston's first ever trophy.

Bristol C 5 Chesterfield 0

MOM: Holmes 10 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Gillespie (11) Holmes (14) O'Hare o.g. (57) Bolt (68) Junior (85)

Assists: Holmes (11,85) Gillespie (14) Spector (68)

ATT: 39123

So The Titties are celebrating their emphatic win in the cup final and manager Johnston is absolutely ecstatic at winning his first trophy for the club.

But no time for celebrating with another huge game coming up with the titties facing Rouchie's Hartlepool.

League One

Hartlepool (H) 12th April 2006

So the game gets underway, and it seems like it will be a hot contest with 3 yellows in the first 10 minutes. But it takes only 11 minuites for Bristol to break the deadlock with Danny Shittu connecting with a powerful corner to head home for 1-0. With 2 minutes to go in the first half Kapic adds another but it is disallowed for offside. The second half gets underway and Hartlepool find themselves with a few early chances, but the game evens out a bit with a few decent chances at the other end too. However the 2 teams cancel each other out in the second half and the game ends with only the one goal.

Bristol C 1 Hartlepool 0

MOM: Doherty 8 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Shittu (11)

Assists: Murray (11)

ATT: 8444

So a fantastic win there always good to win against a felow human manager icon_smile.gif, and that takes us into 4th place.

League One

Notts County (A) 15th April 2006

From the start there was only one outcome in this game with Bristol applying heavy pressure. After only 4 minutes Junior makes a run through the middle and plays the ball to the feet of Gillespie who plays it directly back and Junior unleashes a fierce curling shot that flies intot he top corner, unbelievable strike. 3 minutes later a run down the right by Murray sees him play the ball into the feet off Junior who's shot is parried but only into the path of Gillespie who taps home for the second. And the game goes in 2-0 at half time. After 57 minutes a corner from Murray finds Shittu at the front post again and he powers the header past the Notts Co keeper to make it 3-0. 2 minutes later Wallace makes a run down the left flank and floats the ball into the front post where it is met by the head of Junior who puts it past the keeper to make it 4-0, and the second of the game for Junior.

Notts Co 0 Bristol C 4

MOM: Doherty 9(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Junior(4,59) Gillespie(7) Shittu (57)

Assists: Gillespie(4) Junior (7) Murray (57) Wallace (59)

ATT: 10461

A fantastic away win for the titties there and that puts them in a fatastic position for a playoff spot now. Sitting 5 points ahead of 7th place with only 3 games to go it is looking more and more likely that Bristol will find themselves in a playoff spot come the end of the season. However it will not be easy for them as they are up against 3 other teams fighting for a playoff spot. One of which being Stockport who are sitting in 7th place.

League One

Stockport (H) 22nd April 2006

A very important game here for both teams but with Bristol well and truly on their top form Johnston is confident of the win. A 4-4-2 formation for both teams here. Although after only 18 minutes Stockport are reduced down to 10 men. The teams go in 0-0 at half time with Johnston looking dissapointed not to have taken advantage of the extra man. Second half gets underway and it takes only 4 minutes for Bristol to take the lead. A fantastic free kick by Junior. 15 minutes later a switch from left to right by Lee Wallace leaves Murray through on goal and after his shot is saved Gillespie is on hand to make it 2-0. And thats how it ends, a great win.

Bristol C 2 Stockport 0

MOM: Holmes 9 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Junior (49) Gillespie (64)

Assists: Holmes (49) Murray (64)

ATT: 8368

Yet another win for the titties and the playoffs are a definite now.

League One

Yeovil (A) 29th April 2006

With a playoff spot already secured for Bristol City there is not much to play for in this game, however Johnston has stated that he will still be going all out for the win. And after 12 minutes Bristol are awarded a penalty, however Junior misses the penalty and the rebound. 11 minutes later however Anyinsah slots home to make it 1-0. After 37 minutes Yeovil are reduced to 10 men for a second booking. And thats how the first half ends. 10 minutes into the second half and Anyinsah sets Murray up to make it 2-0. And the game finishes at 2-0.

Yeovil 0 Bristol C 2

MOM: Anyinsah 8 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Anyinsah (23) Murray (57)

Assists: Spector (23) Anyinsah (57)

ATT: 9575

So 4th place in the English league one is now guarenteed for the titties with one game to go.

NEWS FLASH

Left winger Joe Anyinsah has sustained a broken leg in training and will be out of action for approximately 6 months. The accident occured after Anyinsah was brought back into the first team for the first time all season and played a blinder scoring 1 and setting up the other and receiving the man of the match award. Everyone at the club are deeply upset at this accident and wish Joe a speedy recovery.

Also, Johnston wins his second Manager of the month award in so many months for the great work he has done in bringing Bristol City back into the playoffs.

League One

Swindon (H) 6th May 2006

So the final game of the season and the Bristol fans are extremely excited to be finsihing so high up the league after a dreadful start. The fans don't care what happens in this game, they will party anyway and look forward to the playoffs. 0-0 at half time. 4 minutes to go in the second half and a dodgy kick by the keeper bounces off Junior and back over the keeper into the net. 93rd minute and Swindon find a sneaky goal to make it 1-1.

Bristol C 1 Swindon 1

MOM: Miglioranzi 8 (Swindon)

Goal Scorers: Junior (86)

ATT: 10546

So there we have it, game over and league season over. A great end to the season for Bristol City saw them rise from the brinks of the relgation zone and into 4th place and a playoff spot and it looks like it will be Watford in the playoffs. With Cardiff taking on Blackpool in the other tie. But that is it for tonight. Screenshots will follow soon enough.

Yeah but at least I have won a few games in EFB FM unlike some Steve. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would help if I actually play a "few" games though wouldnt it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iirc you played a few games and didn't win one. icon_razz.gif

Archived