Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

millwall2.jpg

End Of Season

Well after we managed to stay away from Relegation it came to the awards ceremony. Only one of Millwalls players managed to get a mention as Patrick Berger came 3rd in Goal of the Season as he scored a curling shot from outside the area against Derby.

With the New Season coming up i had to get my search on for new players. With a few of my players going to be leaving it was vital that we get some decent players in.

New Season

My board wasnt expecting much this season. Him and the fans just want me to rebuild the squad. I want a better finish than 18th this season though. And now with 2 rival managers in my league it was going to be a fun season. And hopefully i can get 12 points off both of them.

As we werent in good financial state i wasnt expecting a large transfer budget but the board managed to give me £500k, but with only 300k in the bank it was going to be tough, so i had to be careful when i went after players. it was a case of Sell before you buy as i was £11k Over my wage budget. With the high earners getting old they were most likely the first ones out.

TV money was given out now and Millwall got £650k for their matches that would be shown on TV. It put us into a better financial position as we went to nearly £1m in the bank.

Transfer In

Spector - Loan (end of season) - Man Utd

Pereira - £16k - Benfica

Ben Clarke - £0 - Sunderland

Lasse Staw - £100k - Start

Esben Ertzeid - £85k - Moss

Barry Grant - £10k - Airdre

Kenny Tawse - £65k - Dunfermalin

Mohammed Abdellaoui - £250k - Skieds

Chris Brunt - Loan (End of season) - Sheff Wed

Tor Geir hermanson - £20k - Skied

Christer Kjonigsen - £100k - Fredrikstad

Clarke Demands to be centre of Attention

New Millwall signing Ben Clarke has demanded to be centre of attention at The Den. He stated that the team should be built round him. I dont think the fans were too pleased with his attitude and the team will defiantely not be built round him. Its not a 1 man team.

Fredrikstad Fans Unhappy at sale of Young Starlet

Fredrikstad's fans are said to be furious with their clubs board. This happened after Millwall had signed their talented right back Christer Kjonigsen for £100k. They said that the player was worth more than the £100k paid and cant beleive they sold him on the cheap. Kjonigsen has asked the fans for their forgiveness as this deal was too good to refuse and would help him become a better player.

Millwall get 20% of Ifil Transfer

Millwall have received £400k from the deal which saw Paul Ifil move to Wolves for £2m from WBA. Millwall had a 20% stake in Ifil so they got 20% of his next transfer.

Transfers Out

Charley Hearn - £0 - Brighton

Eirik Bakke - £600k - Bolton

Jody Morris - £500k - Burnley

Patrick Berger - £0

Odds for Promotion

Millwall today were given odds of 80-1 to get promoted. The bookies predict a hard and dissappointing season for the Lions and may struggle to stay in the League.

Carling Cup 1st Round

The Carling Cup draw was made today. Millwall got an away tie with Coventry City.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Bradford v Millwall - Won 2-0

Shrewsbury v Millwall - Drew 1-1

Cwmbran v Millwall - Won 3-0

Rhyl v Millwall - Won 2-0

The League Campaign

Millwall v Ispwish - Lost 2-0 League

Well it was time for my first match of the season. i was hoping to get off to a good start and state my authority. The first half was a boring 0-0 with not much happening. 11 minutes after the restart and Teever managed to get 2 yellow cards and get sent off. This was going to make it very hard for us. ipswich took advantage just 6 minutes later as bent smashed the ball into the net. We tried to get an equaliser but with only Hjartarson up front it was hard for him to get any room to get any shots in. Ipswich sealed the win on 92 minutes as naylor scored a tap in. A bad start for us.

Cardiff v Millwall Lost 2-0 League

I really needed to get some points on the board but cardiff had different plans. We carried on our miserable form as they took the lead just 2 minutes into the match as Campbell scored. 20 minutes later and Neil Mellor doubled their lead. We struggled to get going again and it was going to be another tough season with the start we had.

Crystal palace v Millwall Lost 2-0 League

We were already in the relegation zone after just 2 matches and we stayed there for another week with this performance. Byfield put Palace into the lead on 2 minutes. We tried to fight back but we just couldnt score. The 2nd half wasnt much better as 59 minutes into the match Shipperley finished us off. Things were looking drastic now and i hoped my new players could settle in fast. But with half of my team unhappy at my treatment of a team mate it was looking an impossible task. I just had to hope they would come round sooner rather than later.

efb1a.jpg

EFB ZEITUNG – SEASON 3

Welcome back to another edition of the legendary EFB Zeitung, packed with all the drama from another season in EFB. There was high drama as all the managers were battling it out for honours and bragging rights throughout the season and yet again it was another fantastic season for all those involved in EFB.

Community Shield

The season began with a powerkeg clash between two of thee giants in the English game as Premiership winners Arsenal took on big spending Chelsea. It was a tense nervy game, as both sides did not want to give the other the psychological advantage going into the new season. In the end one goal settled it and Arsenal went home with the Community Shield for the thirteenth time in their history.

Smash and grab Gunners shoot down the Blues!!!

Chelsea 0 v 1 Arsenal

The League Cup

This seasons League Cup saw Andrew Hepburn’s Sheffield Wednesday manage to reach the final for the first time in quite a number of years where they took on Arsenal. The Gunners were hot favourites going into the game and during the game showed why as they tore the Owls apart with some superb football that the Owls had no answer to. The Owls had started well but the gulf in class was evident throughout and the score should have been a lot higher but the Owls defended quite well and Lucas was in magnificent form to deny them.

Gunner’s class too much for the Owls!!!!

Arsenal 3 v 2 Sheffield Wednesday

The FA Cup

The final showpiece of the season was back at Wembley Stadium after an absence and what an enthralling final it turned out to be as Man City took on Chelsea, who had to win to salvage something from yet another disappointing season. It was a real end to end cup tie of a game as both teams had numerous chances but could not put them away. Seth Johnson put City ahead only for Totti to equalise seven minutes later. The game was forced into extra time as neither side could find a winner and extra time finished with the same outcome. It was onto the dreaded penalty shootout and City held their nerve whereas the superstars of Chelsea crumpled under the pressure and the trophy went back to Manchester.

Nerves of steel win the day for City!!!!

Man City 1 v 1 Chelsea after extra time (Man City won 4-3 on penalties)

The LDV Vans Trophy

No human managers made it to the final of the LDV Vans Trophy for the first time in EFB FM, as they could not get to grips with this tournament. The final this was another one sided final just like in previous years as Cardiff thrashed Chesterfield 3-0 to go with Hepburn’s Owls 3-0 win and Dave Johnston’s 5-0 win last year, incidentally against Chesterfield. Chesterfield must hate the site of this trophy after this defeat. They were no match for Cardiff who just overwhelmed them. Neil Mellor was the goalscoring hero for Cardiff as he notched all three.

Chesterfield get the blues in LDV final for another year!!!!

Cardiff 3 v 0 Chesterfield

The FA Trophy

Barrow made it to the FA Trophy final for the second year in a row proving there is life after Peter Smith. They faced Barnet who were back into the conference after being relegated from League Two last year. Unlike last year Barrow failed to defend their trophy as former Owl Lee Peacock grabbed the winner for Barnet. He had a torrid time at the Owls as Hepburn brought changes to them and he was left surplus to requirements. Good to see he is banging in the goals again. It was a very one sided final in all fairness as Barnet dominating for much of the game even although they finished the game with only 9 men!!!!

Barnet dominate in one sided final!!!!

Barrow 0 v 1 Barnet

The Premiership

Yet another enthralling Premiership campaign that saw Andrew Hepburn’s Sheffield Wednesday return to the Premiership for the first time in years and Manchester United win yet another title and big spending Chelsea get closer to the title but still not good enough to finish top of the pile. Man Utd ran away with it in the end finishing seven points clear of runners up Chelsea with the Arsenal following two points behind Chelsea. A surprise fourth place finish for Newcastle who had great season and should qualify for the Champions League next season. Liverpool could only manage seventh place and with the squad they have they at their disposal they will feel they have underachieved this season.

At the other end of the table last year’s runners up went straight back down to the Championship after only winning six games all season. The big shock for all was the relegation of Middlesboro, with their financial backing should be really challenging for European places but it just shows football is a funny old game.

The Owls go up and down like a yo-yo but manage to stay in the Premiership!!!

It has been a roller coaster season for all at Sheffield Wednesday but a superb 11th place finish and runners up in the League Cup was the outcome at the end of the season for the Owls. The board were delighted and Hepburn was more than happy with what he had achieved with his team given the circumstances. Everyone wrote them off at the start of the season but they proved them wrong. They had a few great wins at home against Arsenal and Newcastle and a super draw at home to Chelsea. With a few faces to bolster the squad and hopefully a large transfer kitty to help the Owls should be going into the season with a lot of hope.

Premiership Champions…………………….Manchester United

Runners Up………………………………….Chelsea

Relegated……………………….Middlesboro, Notts Forest and WBA

Premiership Table

The Championship

Just like last season when Bolton ran away with the title it was Portsmouth’s turn to run away with this league. They did not quite manage to eclipse Bolton’s total of last season but they went close. No team could get anywhere near them as they finished the season thirty points clear of runners up Wigan who just finished ahead of Wolves by goal difference that was just two.

Sackfield’s Lions need more roar!!!!

It was a troubled season for Millwall football club as they sacked their manager and installed new and up and coming manager Danny Sackfield who had to save them from the drop and managed to do so and quite comfortably in the end. It was a tough time for him but he handled the pressure well and with a full pre season behind him and his team they could be ones to watch out for next season.

Johnston’s leave of absence hurts the Titties!!!!!

Bristol City started the season well under manager Dave Johnston but due to family matters he had to take an extended leave of absence that really hurt the team as assistant Keith Millen is not made in the same mould as Johnston. He got them an eleventh placed finish but if Johnston was at the helm who knows where they might have ended up. Things should be looking up for the Titties next season if Johnston returns and pushes the team for a place in the Premiership.

Championship Winners……………………Portsmouth

Runners Up………………………………...Wigan

Play Off Winners…………………………...Wolves

Going in the wrong direction are Derby, Swansea and Brighton.

The Championship Table

Championship Play Off Final

League One Review

It was a sensational season in League One this season as three teams pushed each other to the limits but only one team could win the title and that was Stoke City who eventually took the title by six points. They were closely followed by Cardiff who bounce straight back up into the Championship and hoping to stay there this time. They just and I mean just pipped Paul Rouch’s great Hartlepool side on goal difference for the second automatic promotion place much to Rouch’s displeasure who then went on to suffer more heartache in the play off final against Rob Perry’s Reading side. It was a great season and exciting right till the end.

Perry’s in play off heaven!!!!!!

Perry took over Reading quite early on in the season who were already in a play off spot and he tried to build on that but at the end of the season had to settle for a play off spot. The play off final was one of the best play off final’s ever as it was real cup tie stuff with Reading meeting Paul Rouch’s Hartlepool and both went at each other hammer and tongs. The Pool went racing ahead and went in 2-0 up at half time before the Royals came storming back in the second half a la Liverpool in the Champions League as two Marlon King goals sent the tie into extra time. In extra time it was Perry’s Royals who grabbed the winner as Brazilian Ederson scored the vital winner and made himself a hero to the Reading fans. So it was joy for Perry and heartache for Rouch but it was one hell of a game of football.

Rouch suffers huge heartache in final!!!!

They had had the better season and came so close to automatic promotion only being pipped on goal difference and then if that wasn’t enough they lose in the play off final in dramatic circumstances. For an hour they dominated the game before the sending off of Eifion Williams on sixty minutes sent this game into overdrive as Reading made the extra man and the rest as they say is history. Rouch was a dejected man at the final whistle, as he could not believe what he had witnessed but was sporting in defeat. So it was unlucky for Rouch who said his team would win automatic promotion next year but in dramatic circumstances Rouch let the club to take up a position at Norwich whom he left after only fourteen days in the job, as he was scared of Delia. He then took up a position at Crewe and hopefully will be staying there for more than fourteen days.

Waldman so close to the play offs!!!

It was a season of so nearly for Blackpool manager Edan Waldman as his team finished just outside the play off spots as they finished three points behind Rotherham. Inconsistency was their downfall and poor finishing was his team’s downfall as they created many chances in most games but could not finish them off. Next season should be interesting for Waldman’s men who want to build on seventh spot and push for the play offs at the very least.

League One Winners…………………….Stoke

Runners Up………………………………Wigan

Play Off Winners…………………………Wolves

Going Down are Boston United, Yeovil, Stockport and Cheltenham.

League One Table

League One Play Off Final

League Two Review

If you thought League one was close then what a season in League Two as the title went down to the last day and Grimsby came out on top but only on goal difference ahead of Nick Tennant’s former side Wrexham. Good to see Wrexham back up challenging again following an indifferent period in the club’s history with Tennant in charge. In the end the title was won by two goals but the consolation for Wrexham is that they still gained automatic promotion for finishing in the runners up spot. In fact three other teams were all fighting it out for the title on the last day but in the end Grimsby reigned supreme. Colchester also gained automatic promotion for finishing third only a point away from the title. Doncaster also gained promotion from League two by beating Scunthorpe in the play off final.

League Two Winners………………….Grimsby

Runners Up…………………………….Wrexham

Third Placed……………………………Colchester

Play Off Winners……………………….Doncaster

Going down are Shrewsbury and Kidderminster

League Two Table

League Two Play Off Final

National Conference Review

It was a tense finish in the Conference as Dag & Red and Macclesfield fought for the title right up until the last day of the season where Dag & Red came out on top by two points. Macclesfield then suffered further pain when they missed out on the play offs when they lost to Carlisle. The play off final was between Carlisle and Burton and the game went right down to penalties so much was at stake for both teams neither wanted to give it up. In the end Burton won and went up to League Two next season.

National Conference Winners…………..Dag & Red

Play Off Winners………………………..Burton

Going down are Farnborough, Scarborough and Worcester.

Conference Table

National Conference Play Off Final

Conference North

This league gets more hotly contested as the seasons go on and this season was no different as it was again settled on the last day of the season with Stafford Rangers coming out on top only two points ahead of Southport who continuing the trend by finishing second and losing in the play offs. With Stafford Rangers winning the league Nuneaton surprised Southport in the play off final took the other promotion spot into the National Conference.

Conference North Winners………………..Stafford Rangers

Play Off Winners………………………….Nuneaton

Going down are Burscough, Worksop and Ashton United.

Conference North Table

Conference North Play Off Final

Conference South

In another thrilling season finale it was Margate who came out on top in the Conference south, finishing just two points ahead of nearest challengers Newport County. The two swapped positions for most of the league campaign but in the end Margate held their nerve and came out on top. Just like everyone who finishes second in the league never ends up getting promotion and Newport were the same, losing to Havant & Waterlooville in the semi finals. The play off final was contested between Hornchurch and Havant with Hornchurch coming out on top 2-1 and a place in the Conference awaits them.

Conference South Winners…………………Margate

Play Off Winners…………………………...Hornchurch

Going down are Dorchester, Halesowen and Weymouth.

Conference South Table

Conference South Play Off Final

The European Scene

The Champions League

It was a rerun of the final from two years ago but the point to make here is – Is anyone going to be able to stop the Italian domination in this competition? For three seasons now the final has been an all Italian affair. This season two giants of world football Juventus and AC Milan went head to head again with Milan out for revenge after their defeat in the final two seasons ago. It was a great final with both teams playing some open attacking football unlike their final two seasons ago. Milan came out on top 1-0 with a goal from an unlikely source in Coloccini but it proved to be the winner and no one in Milan was caring. This was after Juve had Blasi sent off that put paid to any hopes they had of leaving Rotterdam with the trophy.

Milan gain revenge in Rotterdam!!!!

Juventus 0 v 1 Milan

UEFA Cup

This season’s final was between Real Betis and Chelsea and it was Chelsea’s last chance to finish the season with some silverware in what has turned out to be another disappointing season for the blues. Betis started the game like an express train and scored an early goal through Hernan Crespo that gave them confidence and they were dominating the superstars of Chelsea to the point that it was embarrassing. They went 2-0 ahead after only sixteen minutes through Fernando and it looked at that point it could be a cricket score. At half time Betis went in 2-0 up and O’Leary was in shock as to how his team had played so badly in the first half. He had to change things and he did and they looked much better in the second half but could only manage to pull one goal back through Thomas Rosicky but it was not enough and Betis walked away with the UEFA Cup for the first time in their history.

Betis create a new chapter in their history!!!!!

Real Betis 2 v 1 Chelsea

European Super Cup

It was Germany v Italy in the Super Cup as Inter took on Schalke. A close game that provided no winner after 120 minutes of football was settled by the dreaded penalty shootout that Inter won.

Penalty drama as Inter claim to be super!!!!!

Inter 1 v 1 Schalke after extra time (Inter won on penalties)

It was another fantastic season in EFB with the highlight being the play off final between Rob Perry and Paul Rouch and myself getting to the League Cup final. Stay tuned for more action during Season 4 in EFB FM where there is sure to be more great moments and not so great moments for some!!!!!!!!

Reading2.jpg

Royals Fans are excited for the new season to start and they know the manager is going to make changes to the side he brought up to the championship.

Transfers In

Lee Grant from Derby 16k

Francesco Volpe from Juve Free

Richard Langley from Barnsley Free

Chris Sedgwick from Rotherham Free

Bruno Aguiar from Chaves 80k

Zak Whitbread from Liverpool 400k

Andre Kjell Thu from QPR 120k

Eugen Bopp from Nottm Forest 24k

Morten Haestad from Start 60k

Charlie Mulgrew from Celtic 2k

Liam Lawrence released from Sunderland

Christoffer Andersson from Lillestrom 625k

Anthony Lurling from Feyenoord free

Mark Viduka from Middlesbrough 45k

Transfers Out

Tom Jenkins free

Marlon King to Sheff Utd 1.5m

Shaun Platt free

Glen Little to Stockport free

Nicky Forster to Raith free

Ndumbu-Nsunga to Nottm Forest 55k

Adrian Williams free

George O'Connor free

Paul Roberts free

Frank Simpson free

David Unsworth to Cambridge 50k

Loans In and Out

Mark Robson to Welling 3months

John Sutton to Darlington 3months

John Young to Basingstoke 3months

Ian Day to Northampton 3months

Pre Season Friendlies

Port Vale 0-0

Marine 3-0

Berwick 1-0

Clyde 0-0

Forest Green 1-1

Exeter 2-0

New Season

Reading start of life back in the Championship at home to West Brom both teams looking for 3 points here as points dropped early could cost teams later on

Reading 0 West Brom 0

Attendance 18798

MOM Stack 9 Reading

Both Teams game out looking for a win in this one but no one could break the deadlock Reading came closest to scoring when Ederson broke the offside trap in the 67min only to see his cross miss Viduka and go out for a goal kick so points dropped in this one by both teams.

Coventry 0 Reading 1

Attendance 22001

MOM Taylor 8 Coventry

Reading wanted to get the season started away to Coventry and Ederson started it off well with a fantastic goal on 20mins and that would be the only goal of the game 3points secured but Taylor in the Coventry goal was a wall today he had 15 shots fired at him and only made 1 mistake.

Reading 0 Stoke 0

Attendance 21607

MOM Hall 8 Stoke

nothing in this one to talk about really no goals anyway McMaster may be missing for sometime after he had to go off after a clash with Hall from stoke,Stoke came up from league 1 with Reading so both where looking to make a impression,game was really tight both halfs and neither side really deserved the win.

Injury News

Mark Viduka Out 4 Months Fractured Skull

thats all from Rob's Royals at the moment stay tuned for more action from the best clan in FM Online EFB!

ShWed.jpg

The Owls Observer - Pre season transformation for the Owls!!!!

After a very respectable 11th place finish, Hepburn knew his squad was not really up to the rigours of the Premiership if he wanted to succeed. During pre season he scoured around Europe to find the talent that he thought could take the Owls to the next level. The board listened to Hepburn and gave him a huge seven million transfer kitty to play with. Here is a run down of the players he has brought into his squad for the new season:

Andrea Gasbarroni AM (R/L/C) - Free from Palermo - An attacking midfielder who can play either out wide or in a central role. Should add some style and pace to the Owls midfield.

Peter Enckelman (GK) - Free from Blackburn - Experienced goalkeeper brought in to challenge David Lucas for the number one spot. Should be a good battle between the two after Lucas' performances last season.

David Marek Rozehnal (DC) - Free from Club Brugge - Czech Republic centre half with some much needed experience at the back to shore up a defence that looked vunerable last season at times.

Mohamed Zidan F (R/L/C) - Free from FC Midtjylland - Another versatile player who can play up front centrally or out wide. Again much needed experience who has hit 15 goals in 25 games for Egypt.

Jonathan Greening AM (R/L/C) - Free from WBA - Brought in with the view of being a squad player. Won't play many games but will add extra quality the squad if someone was to become injured. Again another versatile who can play anyhwere in midfield.

Stewart Downing AM L - £2.2 million from Middlesboro - A star in the making and an absolute bargain at 2 million. Was on loan att he Owls last season and looked every bit as good as everyone said he was. Pacey, direct and can hit crosses from the byeline all day. What a signing he may turn out to be for the Owls in future years. Hepburn really has done well in the market to get Downing in and so cheaply as well.

David Healy SC - Free Transfer - Quality striker who will be pushing all the way for a start every week. Northern Ireland international scoring 15 goals in 50 internationals. Superb finisher.

Mathieu Flamini DMC - £900k From Arsenal - Again another brilliant piece of business from Hepburn to manage to get a player of such quality to the Owls. Hepburn has said he is going to be sensational for the Owls and it has got the fans excited. Yet to play for France at full international level but is a star in the making.

Philippe Senderos DC - £1.4 million From Arsenal - Hepburn not happy with one former Gunner went back and gladly paid £1.4 million for the services of Senderos. Will add some pace and real quality to the Owls defence.

Edrissa Sonko SC - Free Transfer from Roda JC - A virtual unknown throughout the footballing world but Hepburn has had him scouted and he looks the part in training. Has a lot of pace and can finish but he is more of an all round striker rather than most. Has scored an number of goals at his former club , Roda JC but no one knows exactly what to expect from this lad.

Mimoun Azaouagh AMR - Free Transfer from Mainz - Another unknown quantity from Germany and looks really good. Has all the qualities of the tradition winger and defenders around the country had better watch out for this lad. Not gonna start many games unless he proves to be on better form than Gasbarroni.

Franck Queudrue D/DML - £1.1 million from Middlesboro - Hepburn has been on the lookout for a left back for the best part of a year and he has finally found someone who has a lot of Premiership experience. Likes to get forward and join in the attack but can also defend which always helps.

With so many new faces coming into the squad it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the team to develop and who indeed Hepburn picks as his first eleven. It has been quite a summer at Hillsborough and hopefully these new faces can build on the Owls chances of maybe sneaking a place in Europe next season. All the new signings have certainly got the fans excited about the new season as the board have produced the goods so the pressure is really on Hepburn to produce the goods as his new look team look forward tot he new Premiership season.

'Mon the Owls!!! icon_cool.gif

Blackpool3.jpg

players in :

alan lamb ML from grimsby 21 years old for 475k

nicolai graesdal(norway) DC from stromsgodset for 20k 21 years old

patrike turunen(finland) D/AM RLC from kups for 22k 18 years old

adam neal AM RLC from worksop for 95k 18 years old

giuseppe rossi AM/FC on loan from man united

arturo lupoli SC on loan for the second year in a row from arsenal

also 2 young players promoted from the youth acadamy ,check out andy robinson SC only 15 years old but already looking awesome

peterborough-blackpool 1-1

well i got disconnected just before this match so my asistant manged this game .

in the 74th minute holberg scores 0-1

in the 80th minute bridges makes it 1-1

hartlepool-blackpool 4-0

well this game was a disastiar ,rouchie's x-team still seems to have his hands on them .

couldnt do nothing right agianst them.

after 3 mins agbonlahor makes it 1-0 .in the 31st minute foley made it 2-0 .in the start of second half a bog miss by carboni .in the 65th minute foy makes it 3-0 .after 72 minutes another big miss by carboni .in the 92nd minute agbonlahor makes it 4-0.and the few blackpool fans who came to the game were furious at the result.

blackpool-oxford 1-1

after changing tactics we saw a good start to the game with lots of chances by blackpool but no goal until the 33rd minute were rossi scored .in the 45th minute rossi should have made it 2-0 but missed.in the 55th wollestean scores from a free kick on there first attack.

continuing the pressure we couldnt score .

blackpool-chesterfield 1-2

after 37seconds gama looses a ball and christie scores 0-1 .after 9 minutes clarke gets a header and makes it 1-1 .after 22 minutes christie scores agian and makes it 1-2 .after that we tried to equilaze but couldnt score ,lupoli,lamb and holberg missed great chances ,we didnt deserve to loose this game but we did.

blackpool-peterborough league cup 2-1

after some good chances for both teams ,rossi was the first to score in the 27th minute after a great asist by gama .rossi and carboni had good chances and missed before lamb scores in the 57th minute.in the 67th minute bridges makes it 2-1 .rossi had 2 more great chances before the game was over .

gama was MoM with a 10 maybe it was to tell me not to sell him as i got a nice offer for him before the game .any way in the end i didnt sell him.

swindon-blackpool 1-1

in the 17th minute a great attack resualted in a great save by swindon's keeper .in the 21st minute holberg is sent off so early for his second yellow card .after 42 minutes pook scores from 16 meters a nice shot 1-0 .

in the 57th minute lupoli missed a great chance .in the 87th minute lupoli steals a ball and sends a great ball to zequinha who misses .

in the 90th minute lennon sends a good ball to zequinha who manges to score with 10 men and give us a diserving point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

Moneybags splashing the cash icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well someone in EFB has to. icon_razz.gif

crewe.jpg

Crewe – Onwards and Upwards

Transfer News

On the playing side we secured the services of French side Lyons Kevin Jacmot for £875,000, a young left sided midfielder with bags of potential. Next in was Mikele Leigertwood, to bolster the defence, an absolute billy bargain at only £45,000 from Shelbourne. Rouch then went back to his old club, Hartlepool, to secure the services of the superb Gareth Williams between the sticks, He cost Crewe £825,000 but Rouch knew him well and figured he was worth it. Paul Huntingdon at Newcastle was the next target secured, another youngster with bags of potential to play the defensive midfielder role at a cost of £725,000 which was a snip! Kaebi Hosain an absolute star in the making to play on the left of an attacking midfield was whisked away from Iranian side Foolad Khuzestan for a hefty £1,400,000, which many questioned. On his arrival however, the training ground saw why the manager rated him so highly and his value was assessed at something just over double what the shrewd Rouch had paid icon_biggrin.gif

A number of players were released from contract, 9 in total, that Rouch did not believe were of the required calibre.

Friendlies

(A) Carlisle 3-0 win

(A) Luton 2-1 Win

(H) Liverpool Reserves 2-0 Win

(A) Morton 2-1 Win

(A) Northampton 3-1 Win

(A) Barrow 1-1

So a good bit of preparation for the season proper with the mighty Crewe winning all but the one game (which they drew) to send the team into the season full of confidence.

Versus Bristol City (H) 4th August 2007

So Paul Rouch’s first opportunity to test his management skills at Championship level was here, with Bristol City the visitors. Unfortunately David Johnston was not there to inspire his beloved titties to play anything other than a defensive game, and a rather dull scoreless game was played out much to the Sky viewers that had tuned in to this Championship season opener disappointment icon_frown.gif

Final ScoreCrewe 0 Bristol City 0

ATT 10101

MOM : Ben Williams (Crewe)

Versus West Brom (A) 7th August 2007

A trip to the Hawthorns to play the boing boing baggies was next up and Bramble put the home side ahead after an uneventful first half. Vernazza left it late to score the equaliser for Crewe and grab an ill deserved point icon_biggrin.gif Ben Williams got a second successive for his performance between the sticks icon14.gif MOM award

Final ScoreCrewe 1 West Brom 1

Goals : West Brom Bramble (65)

Goals : Crewe Vernazza (89)

ATT 25608

Versus Coventry (H) 11th August 2007

The first win of the season for Crewe with goals in the first half from Paolo Vernazza and new signing Kevin Jacmot. Coventry left it until the 90th minute to pull one back but it was a case of too little too late when Marc Bircham stroked the ball home, all three points were already in the bag for Crewe and a magnum of champagne was awaiting MOM Vernazza icon_wink.gif

Final ScoreCrewe 2 Coventry 1

Goals : Crewe Vernazza (4) Jacmot (39)

Coventry Bircham (90)

ATT 10095

MOM : Paolo Vernazza (Crewe)

Versus Stoke (A) 19th August 2007

Manager Paul Rouch was unfortunately not around for the next few games, so the assistant managed the team in his absence. The only goal from this game to Andy Johnson, a penalty (Quelle Surpise icon_rolleyes.gif ) as Stoke took advantage of the managers absence in front of the Sky cameras icon_frown.gif

Final Score Stoke 1 Crewe 0

Goals : Stoke Johnson (Pen 17)

ATT 27776

MOM : Marcus Hall (Stoke)

Versus Torquay (A) 22nd August 2007 – League Cup 1st round

The continued absence of the manager saw the assistant left in charge for this League cup clash with League one strugglers Torquay. The game was finely balanced until just before Paolo Vernazza was dismissed. Torquay grabbed the winner in extra time to send Crewe tumbling out of the cup icon13.gif

Final Score Torquay 1 Crewe 0

Goals : Torquay Oliver (Pen 93)

ATT 6056

Versus Tranmere (H) 25th August

With Paul Rouch still not able to take up the reins, the assistant was desperate not to ruin the teams promotion prospects before the season had even started! The team were also keen to prove they could perform without their talismanic manager at the helm icon_eek.gif Jacmot opened the scoring for Crewe and Roberts grabbed a brace to make it 3-0 before the break, the second from a well placed penalty. Tranmere offered little and when they did pull one back midway through the second half it was more of a consolation than a comeback. French starlet Jacmot earned the MOM award with his sparkling performance icon_biggrin.gif

Final Score Crewe 3 Tranmere 1

Goals : Crewe Jacmot (24) Roberts (38, Pen 43)

Tranmere Dagnall (69)

ATT 10006

MOM : Kevin Jacmot (Crewe)

Versus Hull (A) 28th August

The assistants final game in charge before the return of Paul Rouch, and the team put in a battling performance! Ashton converted a penalty early on to give Crewe the lead, Hull pulled it back level before the break when Barker slotted home. Facey then put Hull ahead for the first time in the second half only to see Cochrane nab the equaliser 2 minutes later, which was how the game finished. Crewe captain Billy Jones won the MOM accolade.

Final Score Hull 2 Crewe 2

Goals : Crewe Ashton (Pen 7) Cochrane (68)

Hull Barker (40) Facey (66)

ATT 22623

MOM : Billy Jones (Crewe)

League Position - 11th

Motty Fact Of The Month

Although Crewe lost twice in August, their Manager Paul Rouch, has an unbeaten record for the month due to his absence icon_eek.gif

millwall2.jpg

Millwall v West Ham Drew 2-2 League

A must need win as we palyed our rivals. Pride was at stake today and i wanted my fans to go home happy. Serioux sent my fans into raptures just 7 minutes in as he smashed a 30 yard free kick into the bottom right corner. A fabulous goal. Just 8 minutes later and new Portugese signing Pereira smashed a goal in from 15 yards out. A trully magnificent goal. A 2-0 lead was quite good but with our record of letting leads slip it was obvious we werent going to hold out for the 3 points. 2nd half started and we kept playing our usual football. A few breaks but nothing came of them. 60 minutes in and West Ham got a goal back from Harewood. i needed another goal to try and get the 3 points but we just couldnt score. Like usual my defence decided to go for a tea break and Let harewood Slip in to grab his 2nd on 72 minutes. Another 3 points thrown away. i was starting to get annoyed with my team now and it was only a matter of time before i jumped ship.

Coventry v Millwall Lost 3-1 Carling Cup 1st Round

I was hoping for a long cup run to generate some money but it just was happening for my side. teever put us into the lead on 3 minutes but that was only thing we managed to do. Coventry then took control of the match as they levelled on 30 minutes through Barratt. They took the lead on 56 minutes and never looked back. We just couldnt get going and looked like we were going to go trophy less for another season. John settled the match on 91 minutes to seal a miserable match for Millwall. Good luck to Coventry in the next rounds.

Middlesbrough v Millwall Lost 2-0 League

We travelled up to newly relegated Middlesbrough today. Not expecting much as they were obviously favourites for Promotion. It wasnt going to be our day again as just 3 minutes in kevin Braniff had to come off injured. We managed to keep the first half to 0-0 which was ok i suppose. Middlesbrough came out at full speed in the 2nd half and smashed my goal with everything they had. They got their breakthrough on 72 minutes as trabelsi sneaked the ball past the nesar post. Thompson scored again just 4 minutes later to end the match. Another winless match for the Lions.

Millwall v Nottingham Forest Lost 1-0 League

With our recent results i wasnt expecting anything from this. I was just hoping we could keep the score respectable. Nottingham Forest scored the only goal on 6 minutes from Newbold. Neither team capitalised on this and the score ended 1-0. Our performances were just terrible. I just dont know what is wrong with this team.

Plymouth v Millwall Lost 5-0 League

Now this was a match i thought i could win. We finished above them in the league last season and i was hoping for 3 points. Once again my team just couldnt be bothered to play. Ricketts scored just 6 minutes in to make it 1-0. Lasley made it 2-0 on 26 minutes. Thornton made it 3-0 just 4 minutes later. It was now turning into a farce and i think my team werent even bothered on how they were playing. Plymouth made it 4-0 just before half-time as Wotton grabbed their 4th. An abysmal 1st half and i felt like abandoning the match but the officials wouldnt let me. We managed to keep them to only 1 goal t his half as they only scored in the 88th minutes from Webster. Probably my worst result as manager of Millwall.

Kuszczuk blasted by Boss

Tomas Kuszczak has been singled out by manager Danny Sackfield for his poor performances on the pitch. With Millwall sitting near the bottom after some terrible results, Sackfield felt it was time to get tough on his players and it seems like Kuszczuk is the first on his list. he hasnt had the best of starts and he will be wanting to improve in the future. If not he could be shipped out and a new gk come in.

Fans Lambast Gutless Kuszczuk

Fans of Millwall were on their managers side last night a Local radio reported. The supporters club spokesman has totally agreed with his managers cristisism of Kuszczuk and that he should be playing much better than he is doing. With the moneu he takes home every week, he should be happy to pull on the Blue and White of Millwall and strive to make us the best. With his recent performances he just seems like he wants to go back to his Mansion with his Wife and play on FM. I hope the manager will take more action if players start to underperform.

Millwall v Gillingham Drew 0-0 League

AFter the poor performance against Plymouth I dropped a few players. kuszczuk was the main one as i started youngster Lasse Staw which was going to be his debut. If Staw put in a few good performances over the next few matches then i would consider him my first choice keeper. And what a keeper he was looking. In his debut match i was thinking he was going to be a bit nervous but he was saving shots left right and centre. Gillingham just couldnt score. If only my Strikers could score and let Staw have a little bit of a rest i think we could of won this match. Sadly the match finished 0-0. Staw had a terrific debut and was voted the Man of tht Match. And a clean sheet which made it even better.

Burnley v Millwall Drew 3-3 League

A must need win again today as Burnley were only a few places above us. Sadly they took the lead just 7 minutes in from a goal by Peters. Teever levelled the match just 6 minutes later. Then we suffered the worst 3 minutes of the match. Burnley got a penalty on 25 minutes after one of their players was adjudged to have been pushed in the area. Valois stepped up and tucked the ball away. 2-1. Then on their next attack just 3 minutes later and they got another Penalty. Valois stepped up and put the ball into the net. 3-1 Burnley. Another loss on the cards here. Abdellaoui grabbed a goal back on 39 minutes to take us into the half time 3-2 down. It wasnt over yet. 2nd half starts and we have a few chances but cant convert them. 59 minutes in and Abdellaoui grabbed the vital equaliser. What a match this was turning out to be. I was hoping we could keep a point. We managed to and i was ok with a point but id of prefered a win. Burnley werent the best team as they had to score from the spot to take the lead. Anyway it was amuch needed point.

Reading v Millwall Lost 1-0 League

I came up against newly promoted Reading today. With them doing pretty well in the table after the first few games it was going to be tough. i tried some mindgames a few days before the game was started to try and get his team abit unsettled. We had the firt chance of the half as just a few minutes in Abdellaoui shot just over the bar. We couldnt really get going and we went into the half 0-0. Reading came out pretty quick and they grabbed the only goal of the game just 2 minutes after the restart. Lurling managed to get round my defence and slot the ball home. We pushed and pushed but we just couldnt grab the equaliser.

SACKFIELD FOR THE SACK!

After his teams dreadful start to the season the Millwall fans are becoming restless as they see their side stuck near the bottom of the table. They knew they were in for a tough time but they didnt think they would be propping up the table. Some fans are already calling for Sackfield to be relieved of his duty and bring someone else into the position to get them into safety. With no wins in 7 matches this season and only 3 points to their name, it seemslike its going to be a very long season for the Lions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edan217:

Blackpool3.jpg

players in :

alan lamb ML from grimsby 21 years old for 475k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alan Lamb? Wasn't he a Cricket player? you should try signing some footballers m8! icon_wink.gif

crewe.jpg

So Paul Rouch returns after his soujorn (Alright, icon_rolleyes.gif I was in Cardiff watching my beloved West Ham win promotion to the premiership in the playoffs IRL and missed the Monday night session icon_biggrin.gif ) The team are sitting 11th but only a couple of points out of the play off zone so that will be the returning managers first aim, to get Crewe in the play off zone.

Versus Sheffield United (H) 8th September 2007

Crewe pressed the blades all the way in this game and finally got the fruits of their labours in the second half when Ashton converted the penalty to put the railwaymen 1 up. Cochrane then put the game beyond doubt with a second on 75 minutes and earned his MOM champagne icon14.gif

Final ScoreCrewe 2 Sheff Utd 0

Goals : Crewe Ashton (Pen 62) Cochrane (75)

ATT 10091

MOM : Justin Cochrane (Crewe)

Versus Preston N.E. (H) 15th September

Ashton missed a penalty in the first half of this fiercely contested game, and the manager must have thought the best chance to win this game had been spurned, but the prodigious talent of Hosain Kaebi shone through to grab a vital goal for the visitors midway through the half, unfortunately we saw the other side of the mercurial midfielder when he was sent off for a second bookable offence which saw Paul Rouch seething in the technical area as 10 men Crewe had to hold on for the last few minutes with a key man off the pitch icon_mad.gif The team held together though and secured the three points with a 1-0 win (Hmmm, where have I seen that score against Preston before?? icon_wink.gif )and a MOM award for Kevin Jacmot icon_biggrin.gif

Final Score Preston 0 Crewe 1

Goals : Crewe Kaebi (63)

ATT 12834

Versus Crystal Palace (H) 22nd September

A totally onesided game which Crewe dominated from start to finish, but Palace managed to take the lead on when their one and only expedition into the Crewe half saw a very fortunate Tommy Doherty score just after the restart. Crewe equalised when Michael Higdon finally converted on of Crewe’s many chances. Crewe weren’t able to add to the goal and had to share the points in a game where the railwaymens performance merited much more icon_frown.gif

Final Score Crewe 1 Crystal Palace 1

Goals : Crewe Higdon (57)

Crystal Palace Doherty (47)

ATT 10088

MOM : Vasilis Lakis (Crystal Palace)

*******NEWSFLASH*******

Henrik Larsson has today signed for Crewe for the remainder of the season. Paul Rouch unveiled the Swedish Legend at a press conference stating that a player of Henrik Larssons class can only add to the team. Rouch also confirmed that Larsson would be starting the game against Ipswich in place of the out of sorts Dean Ashton.

Versus Ipswich (H) 29th September

The signing of out of contract Larsson has certainly got the fans talking! They are divided as to how much Larsson can offer the team at his age, some believe the class of the man will show through others don’t. An air of expectancy was evident at kick off against 4th placed Ipswich and Larsson made an electric start leaving the Ipswich defenders trailing in his wake as he blasted just wide after only 22 seconds! Ipswich realised they were going to have a problem containing the legendary Swede, and resorted to their tried and trusted method of kicking lumps out of any one who displays the slightest threat! (just ask Matty Etherington!!) A penalty was awarded after 22 minutes which Larsson duly converted, another after 38 minutes, which again Larsson tucked away and Crewe went in to the break two goals to the good icon_biggrin.gif Ipswich caused confusion in the Crewe box in the second half which resulted in Dean Richards putting the ball past his own keeper icon_frown.gif and letting Ipswich hope (albeit briefly) that there was a way back in to the game! But another foul and penalty left Larsson giving a masterclass on the art of penalty taking as he scored his third of the afternoon from the spot! Kaebi completed the rout with a goal from open play 4 minutes later to wrap the game up at 4-1 icon_biggrin.gif Larsson earned not only the MOM award but the respect and love of the Crewe fans on his first outing icon14.gif

Final Score Crewe 4 Ipswich 1

Goals : Crewe Larsson (Pen 22, Pen 38, Pen 64) Kaebi (68)

Ipswich Richards (OG 55)

ATT 9616

MOM : Henrik Larsson (Crewe)

League Position - 4th

Motty Fact Of The Month

Henrik Larsson scored the first hatrick of the season in his first game for the club icon_eek.gif

September Awards

The September awards recognised the sterling efforts of club captain Billy Jones with a runner up spot in the Young Player of the Month. Paul Rouch received the Manager of the Month after guiding Crewe from 11th spot to 4th in September with an unbeaten run of games. icon14.gif

Reading.jpg

Hob Nob Anyone ????

Tranmere 0-Reading 1

Tranmere.bmp

Attendance 7486

MOM Bywater 9 Tranmere

Anthony Lurling grabbed the only goal in this one Tranmere had 2 sent off in the 84min Loran for second yellow and Rose for the foul on Ederson but Reading would miss the resulting penalty from Aguiar.

Carling Cup 1st Round

Gillingham 2-0 Reading

gillingham.jpg

Attendance 7655

MOM Alexander 8 Gillingham

Nothing but Gillingham in this one sided affair Beattie slotted home a 33min pen after he was brought down by Ingmarrson and Hughes made it 2-0 74mins with a wonder strike from 35yards out,So Reading are out of this one.

Reading 1-2 Hull City

madejski.jpg

Attendance 21012

MOM Elliot 7 Hull

Johnathan Walters gave Hull the start they wanted on 15mins and thats how the first half ended 10mins after the kick off new striker Kristjansson scored his first for the club on 55mins, on 69mins Facey came on for a injured green and scored as soon as he came on from a corner and thats how this one ended.

Sheff Utd 4-0 Reading

sheffutd.jpg

Attendance 19788

MOM King 10 Sheff Utd

This match would be the first time Reading fans had the chance to see King against them in a sheff utd shirt after his end of season 1.5m move to bramall lane.

King grabbed a hatrick in this one and Etuhu 1 in this one sided game it was like Reading didnt even show up for this one at all King ran rings round the Royals.

sky.gif

Reading 3-1 Preston

madejski.jpg

Attendance 20595

MOM Touma 9 Reading

Home fans where treated to some excellent football in this tv match Reed opened for Preston on 49mins then Reading took over Kristjansson on 69 Touma on 72 and Ederson completing the scoring on 76mins.

Ipswich 0-0 Reading

Ipswich.jpg

Attendance 22531

MOM Whitbread 9 Reading

No goals in this one was down to 2 fantastic performances from Hislop and Stack, end to end stuff just no goals to show for all the hard work.

Reading 4-0 West Ham

madejski.jpg

Attendance 23664

MOM Ederson 10 Reading

This was a fantastic result for the Royals Haestad opened his Reading account on 16mins as did Andersson on 31mins then a Ederson double 65min pen adn 68min fk killed off the hammers.

Reading 1-0 Millwall

madejski.jpg

Attendance 21972

MOM Lurling 8 Reading

Not much to talk about in this one Lurling scored the only goal in this one 2 mins after the restart but millwall couldnt get back into this one, Reading kept the door shut.

Millwall fans will be disappointed the way the season has started off but Perry thinks Manager Danny Sackfield has what it takes to get them out of the relegation zone again and maybe climb the table.

Transfer1.jpg

Luke Gutteridge to Cardiff 70k

Dean Morgan to Plymouth 100k

Karl Broadhurst to Cardiff 30k

Jamie McMaster to Preston 100k

Nick Wilson to Cambridge 70k

Brynar Kristjansson from Keflavik 90k

Sherbal Touma from Halmstad 220k

cross1.jpg

Anthony Lurling Out 3 weeks with a dislocated jaw

bristolc.jpg

Titties News

David Johnston will make his long awaited return tonight to the Bristol City dugout. Having left his assistant in charge since the middle of last season due to personal reasons he is ready now to return to take Bristol to the Championship. Speaking on a local radio station Johnston had the follwoing to say:

It's unfortunate that I had to leave the team while we were in a good position and capable of achieving promotion, but I had some personal things that I had to take care of. The important thing is that I am now back and ready to bring glory to the titties. I only hope that the board and the fans have some understanding while I try to turn the team around.

So it seems Johnston is confident that his absence will not have had a negative effect on his team and that he will be back to his winning ways soon enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Top Tiger:

I am gone for a few months, and I come back to find nudity in Andy's posts, Rouchie managering Crewe and Rob making bloody good updates.

Whats the world of EFB come to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You shouldn't be looking at the nude pictures mate, your underage. icon_razz.gif

bristolc.jpg

Titties News

So it's back to normal for the titties and manager Johnston spends some time discovering what has happened to his team since he has been gone.

Results so far this season:

Crewe 0 Bristol City 0

Bristol City 2 Burnley 1

Leicester 1 Bristol C 2

Bristol City 0 Norwich 2

Bristol City 5 Walsall 0 (League Cup 1st Round)

Leeds 2 Bristol City0

Bristol City 1 QPR 1

Bristol City 3 Cardiff 1

West Brom 1 Bristol City 1

Leyton Orient 0 Bristol City 3 (League Cup 2nd Round)

Bristol City 0 Tranmere 1

Bristol City 1 Coventry 3

So some mixed results see Bristol sitting 15th in the Championship but still in the league cup, so something for Johnston to work from.

No transfers in from the Ass Man but one devastating transfer out as star midfielder David Sanchez moves to Wolves for a measley £190k, nothing when his asking price is £2mil. So Johnston will have to delve into the transfer market for some new talent.

English Championship

Stoke (A) 13th October 2007

So its back to the hot seat for Johnston and let's see how he does away at Stoke. With only 4 minutes on the clock Junior's long shot is tipped over the bar. But with 37 minutes on the clock Bristol are awarded a penalty which is cooly slotted home by Danny Bolt. And that's half time. Into the second half and with 78 minutes on the clock substitute Gillespie slots home to make it 2-0 to the titties. And that's how the game ends.

Stoke 0 Bristol C 2

MOM: Danny Coles 8(Bristol City)

Goal Scorers: Bolt (pen 38) Gillespie (78)

Assists: Junior (38) Routledge (78)

ATT: 23276

So a good welcome back for titties manager with an away win, taking the titties to 11th position in the league. But it's now a trip to the Circle to face Hull.

English Championship

Hull (A) 20th October 2007

With 7 minutes on the clock Roland Linz gets his head on the end of a cross to make it 1-0 to Bristol. 5 minutes to go before half time and a long shot finds it way into the net for Hull to pull level. And into stoppage time at the end of the first half and Hull make it 2-1. Into the second half and Bristol seem to be enjoying the majority of the possesion but are unable to finish. So the game finishes 2-1 to Hull.

Hull 2 Bristol C 1

MOM: Danny Coyne 9(Hull)

Goal Scorers: Linz (7)

Assists: Bolt (7)

ATT: 23022

English League Cup 3rd Round

Bolton (H) 24th October 2007

So more league cup action against premiership opposition with Bolton visiting Ashton Gate this time. The first half sees some chances at either end, but its Bristol who open the scoring with a wonderfully taken goal by Junior after 38 minutes. And thats the half time scoreline. The majority of the chances in the second half fall to Bolton however while they are pushing forward Bristol are able to hit them on the counter and Gillespie makes it 2-0 right at the death.

Bristol C 2 Bolton 0

MOM: Clint Davies 8(Bristol City)

Goal Scorers: Junior (38) Gillespie (90)

Assists: Cesar (38) Coles (90)

ATT: 21464

So a fantastic victory for Bristol in the league cup over Bolton, and we will face Norwich away in the next round.

English Championship

Sheffield Utd (H) 27th October 2007

18 minutes on the clock and it Sheff Utd who take the lead with a long shot. And that's how the first half ends. A few changes at half time sees Bristol turn the game around however they are unable to finish any chances and the game ends 1-0.

Bristol C 0 Sheffield Utd 1

MOM: Julian Gray 10(Sheff Utd)

ATT: 20693

So a dissapointing end to the session for the titties but at least we are still in the league cup.

Reading.jpg

Hob Nob Anyone ???

YPOTM.jpg

Ederson Wins this after some great performances in September

GOAL.jpg

Sharbel Touma win this after a cracking goal vs Preston

Crystal Palace 0-3 Reading

Palace.jpg

Attendance 25159

MOM Kristjansson Reading 10

Kristjansson would shine in this one took 21 mins for Palace to fall apart and only till the 43rd min for Kristjansson to secure his first hatrick in a Royals shirt 2nd half was dull to say the least Palace fans started leaving around the 70th min not surprised poor palace performance with only 10 shots with 2 on target not what the palace faithfull like to see.

Chairman Statement

John Madjeski has make it clear to Perry he's very happy with how things are going at present Reading who where one of the favourites for relegation currently sit 7th.

Middlesboro 2-1 Reading

Boro.jpg

Attendance 23439

MOM Stack Reading 8

Mendieta opened the scoring from the spot after 24mins after Ingmarsson brought down laursen inside the area, Then Laursen would made it 2-0 on 33mins before Haestad got his first goal for Reading on 57mins.

Reading 4-2 Nottm Forest

madejski.jpg

Attendance 23133

MOM Ederson Reading 10

This one was electric right from the kick off Melgar had a penalty saved after 7mins then Haestad scored on 34mins then it went mad for a few minutes Saha made it 1-1 on 35mins before Haestad rose above the defence to head home on 3 mins later from a Touma corner,then Ederson again on 43mins Kitson made it 3-2 on 79mins before Ederson got his Hatrick and secured the 3points for the royals on 83mins.

Best game of the season so far by far for the Royal end to end stuff throughout.

Transfer1.jpg

Chris Sedgwick sold to Grimsby for 210k after voicing his opinion at being in the first team.

Mark Robson to Woodlands 45k

Eugen Bopp to Wuppertal 60k he came to me saying he was homesick.

Sami Sanevuori to Home Utd 30k one of my League 1 leftovers sold to make way for better players coming in in the future.

Plymouth next so stay tuned to see if the Royals can take the championship crown....

ShWed.jpg

The Owls Observer - Balls, Balls and more balls!!!!

It has been a quite dreadful start to the new season for the new look Owls that Hepburn has built. They are sitting in 17th position with only one win all season in the league and also an early round exit from the League Cup. Things are not going well as Hepburn is finding it tough getting his team playing the way he wants them to. Goals have been very hard to come by and that seems to be a huge problem in all the matches. Chances were created but poor finishing has not helped the Owls' cause. Here is a run down of the latest games.....

The League Campaign

Everton v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0 Win for the Owls

A tough opener for the Owls away at Everton but the new look team got off to the perfect start as they dominated the game from start to finish and looked really good. Mokoena had them one up inside ten minutes of the new league season and they took the game by the scruff of the neck from then on. Everton could not match the Owls' workrate and determination to get off to a winning start. New signing Edrissa Sonko grabbed number two for the Owls on the half hour with a powerful shot from inside the area. The Everton fans looked shocked and the Owls fans were in the mood for a celebration. Everton came back into the game in the second half but never looked likely to pull a off a miraculous fightback.

Sheffield Wednesday v Tottenham - (H) - 0-0

It was the Owls faithful first chance to see the new look Wednesday team in action and it was a full house for the visit of Tottenham. The fans certainly were impressed by what they saw although Hepburn was not happy with his team's inability to make their chances count. The Owls dominated the game with lots of possession but could not find the killer touch in front of goal. Hepburn felt it was two points dropped at the end.

Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham - (H) - 1-0 Defeat

Hepburn was a again left frustrated at his side's inability to put the ball in the back of the net. They were made to pay as Earnsahw grabbed the winner for Fulham in a superb counter attacking move. Hepburn could not believe what he was watching as chance after chance was missed after the Fulham opener. He sent on Healy for his debut but he missed a couple of glorious chances to get the Owls level and was as guilty as the rest of the team for the missed chances.

Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-1 Defeat

Another total mauling given out by the Gunners to the Owls as Sheffield Wednesday were simply overwhelmed by an impressive Arsenal team. Surprisingly the Owls took the lead totally against the run of play through Sonko but this was only a mere stutter in Arsenal's relentless pressure on the Owls goal. The Gunners pressure paid off in the second half as goals from Pizarro and Parsons put paid to any hopes of a shock Owls victory as it would have been very harsh on the Gunners as they completely dominated the game. Hepburn was not best pleased as he was seen Leaving Highbury as he made no comment to the media about the game.

Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-0 Defeat

Another away day in London and another footballing lesson dished out to the Owls. Chelsea's superstars were just too good for the Owls and Hepburn stated at the end of the game they were the 'benchmark' for what he wanted to achieve eventually at the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Bolton - (H) - 0-0

After two shocking away performances Hepburn was hoping to get his team's season back up and running when Bolton came to Hillsborough. Bolton were also struggling for points and they should have struggled for more here as well. The Owls were dominating most of the first half but the same problem arised - Putting the ball in the back of the net. Chance after chance was created but none were put away. It said a lot about the performance of the Owls strikers when Mattias Thylander was awarded the man of the match award at the end. Hepburn was wondering if his team will ever score again at this rate. He used his third striker of the season Mohamed Zidan but again he did not produce the goods up front. He was later replaced by contract rebel Luis Costa but he faired no better. Another dismal performance in front of goal for the Owls.

Wigan v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0 Defeat

A game many thought the Owls would win quite easily but it did not turn out that way on the day. For forty three minutes it was looking like an easy win for the Owls as they were presing hard for the opener until new signing Andrea Gasbarroni decided to get himself stupidly sent off and from there Wigan took control of the game. In the second half Wigan came out all guns blazing and scored two second half goals through John Collins and Lee McCulloch gave the newly promoted side the three points.

Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa - (H) - 1-1

The Owls' barren run continued at home to Villa as for much of the game they weere again outplayed by a Villa team flying high in the league so far this season. The Owsl could not get going for much of the game and it was not till the last twenty minutes they started applying pressure to the away side. Luke Moore had Villa ahead in the first half but with only seconds to go Guy Demel struck a superb 25 yard drive into the top right hand corner and the relief that goal brought was amazing, it was almost as if they had just won the league with the strike never mind drawing a game at home to Villa. It still did not hide the fact that this Owls team is in dire need of a change even at this early stage of the season. The tactics are not working and teams are dominating the Owls game to game at the moment.

Birmingham v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-1

It was another game and yet again the Owls were dominated but escaped again with a point as Hepburn changed the tactics and managed to grab an equaliser through Gasbarroni, who scored his first goal for the club.

Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-0

A draw was probably the right result after this contest. Both teams had chances to score but both keepers were in excellent form. A much better team performance from the owls though, as looked much more solid in defence and going forward they looked threatening. Gasbarroni blew the chance of the game as he missed from the penalty spot after Sonko was barged in the back.

Sheffield Wednesday v Man United - (H) 1-0 Defeat

With the champions coming to town it was a sell out at Hillsborough as the Owls fans hoped a win against the champions just like last year could kick start what has been a poor season so far. Lightening did not strike twice Man Utd completely had control of this game and there really was nothing the Owls could do. Man Utd were in superb form and have a new found confidence following their title success last year. It was superb to watch for the neutral or the Man Utd fans but made for some horible viewing if you were connected with the Owls. Outclassed is the word best to describe this.

League Cup Experience

This year's League Cup campaign had a lot to live up to after Hepburn got his side to the final last year. After a comprehensive win at home against Notts County they faced a tricky away tie at The Valley, the home of Charlton in round three. they started badly as Charlton raced into a two goal lead but hepburn's men pulled it back to 2-2 with goals from contract rebel Luis Costa and a last gasp equaliser from Stuart Downing and what a goal it was. It was all for nothing though as in extra time Dennis Rommedahl grabbed the winner for Charlton to send the Owls to an early exit from the League Cup.

Not the best start to the season for the Owls with the worrying trend of not scoring goals concerning Hepburn a lot. Hopefully things will pick up or Hepburn could find himself out of a job in the near future!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

You could prolly do a better job than I am doing right now that is for sure!!!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just your EFB 1 experience coming back icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

You could prolly do a better job than I am doing right now that is for sure!!!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just your EFB 1 experience coming back icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I think it is coming back to haunt me as well!!!!

Least I am playing unlike someone who makes up lame excuses every time we ask to rejoin!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Blackpool3.jpg

bournemouth-blackpool 2-2

first half was in full controll of us ,lupoli scored first in the 32nd minute ,zeqhinha and lupoli missed before frayne made it 1-1 on the 42nd minute on there first attack .

second half lupoli scored after 3 minutes and it was 2-1 after 48 minutes ,but then bournemouth started to control the game and it paid them off as they scored in the 61st minute by bean .then the game was equal but ft 2-2

blackpool-wrexham 0-1

30 minutes was a poor game .then at the same time lupoli and gama injured.then there first shot goes in by mclean.all second half pressure by blackpool but we just couldnt score .some great chances missed by rossi.

we had 17 shots but only 5 on target they had 6 shot 3 on target and a 1-0 win

blackpool-swansa 2-0

lupoli missed 1 on 1 in the 10th minute.in the 23rd minute lupoli scores after a great assist by holberg.lupoli misses agian in the 28th minute.lupoli with another chance in the 50th minute but the keeper saves.in the 58th minute rossi sends lupoli who shots from 16 meters

2-0.after that the game was boring.

only the second win of the season.

bradford-blackpool 0-0

well this was a hard game as we are playing first place bradford away .

the game was very poor but in the 35th minute holberg missed a great chance.in the second half bradford had a good chance but missed .

in the 81st minute murihead gets the red card and we start to pressure but not a single chance.the whole game had 2 good chance ,one for each team.

boring 0-0

bristolc.jpg

Titties Update

So back into action for the titties in an attempt to climb the league. Starting with Preston.

English Championship

Preston (A) 30th October 2007

So away at bottom of the league Preston and the titties are looking for an easy win. And it takes only 2 minutes for Linz to make it 1-0 for Bristol City. The first half passes by with rather equal play but a break through after 37 minutes sees Junior make it 2-0. And thats half time. So into the second half and straight away Bristol apply the pressure, but with no goals despite a number of good chances. With 3 minutes to go Preston grab one back making it a nervy end for Bristol but the game ends 2-1.

Preston 2 Bristol C 1

MOM: Bowler 8(Preston)

Goal Scorers: Linz (2) Junior (37)

Assists: Junior (2) Keen (37)

ATT: 13448

So a predictable win against bottom of the league and an away win at that. So everyone at Bristol is very happy today. That brings us up to 16th place and the next game is at home to 6th place Ipswich, so a hard one.

English Championship

Ipswich (H) 3rd November 2007

Bristol were expecting a tough game and their fears were shown to be true after only 13 minutes when Ipswich make it 1-0. But that's how the half ends. Into the second half and it's a bit more even with chances at both ends, both with no more goals to report.

Bristol C 0 Ipswich 1

MOM: Hislop 8(Ipswich)

ATT: 19730

A dissapointing defeat there for the titties at home, but they will be looking forward to the next game.

English League Cup 4th Round

Norwich (A) 7th November 2007

So it's back to the league cup action and this time it's away at Norwich. Bristol the underdogs will be looking for a shock win to take them into the 5th round. So the match gets underway and it's Norwich who head forward first. And they take the lead after 9 minutes. And despite some chances for Bristol the first half ends 1-0. Into the second half and again it's quite even but not many chances. But after 80 minutes Michael Keen scores a long shot to make it 1-1. And into injury time and there are some desperate attempts at either end, but it heads into extra time. And with all 3 substitutes already used an injury for Bristol sees them reduced to 10 men. But they hang on for the first half. Into the second half and Linz comes close to making it 2-1. And again minutes later. Bristol are really trying to avoid a penalty shoot out here. But that's what it will come down to.

Norwich miss. Bristol miss.

Norwich miss. Bristol Score.

Norwich score. Bristol miss.

Norwich score. Bristol score.

Norwich score. Bristol score.

Norwich score. Bristol miss.

Norwich 1 Bristol C 1 (1-1 AET) (4-3 on penalties)

MOM: Routledge 10(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Keen (80)

Assists: Gillespie (80)

ATT: 15979

So Johnston is shown what he needs to work on in training. PENALTIES. Each team took 12 penalties and Bristol only managed to score 3, which has cost them a place in the 4th round of the league cup. Most of the penalties were a joke and Johnston was evidently not happy.

bristolc.jpg

English Championship

Millwall (A) 17th November 2007

So the final game of the session and it's Danny's ex-team, 2nd bottom Millwall. Danny left just in time before having to face the mighty titties. The majority of the chances in the first half seemed to fall to Millwall, however the Bristol defence was more than capable of withstanding the pressure. And right on the stroke of half time a long ball from goalkeeper Phillips is met by Gillespie who slots home to make it 1-0 at half time. Into the second half and this time it's Bristol who come out with the desire to score. But with 58 minutes on the clock a free kick on the edge of the area sores intot he top corner to make it 1-1 and 4 minutes later a cross is met in the middle and a header makes it 2-1 Millwall. With Bristol pushing everything forward for the draw they leave themselves open at the back and Millwall nick in and claim a penalty which they score to make it 3-1 at the end.

Millwall 3 Bristol C 1

MOM: Sweeney 8 (Millwall)

Goal Scorers: Gillespie (45)

Assists: Phillips (45)

ATT: 8602

So a terrible defeat right at the end there, and it just goes to show that Danny was the weakest link at Millwall. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

millwall2.jpg

Millwall v Leeds Lost 3-1 League

Well we carried on our poor league performance again. Leeds took the lead after just 2 minutes from adriano. Teever levelled the match up on 18 minutes but thats all we could do. Leeds sealed the match with two quick goals on 26 minutes and 29 minutes from barton and Adu respectively. They went on to win 3-1.

[b[sackfield Contemplates Quitting The Den[/b]

After his teams crap form at the start of the season, Millwall manager Danny Sackfield has told close pals that he might quit his job as manager if he loses to QPR at the weekend. His players have lost faith in him and the Board and Fans are growing tired of the rubbish displays.

QPR v Millwall Lost 5-2 league

Well it looked like it was going to be my last game in charge of Millwall as we got trounced 5-2 by our rivals. Pongolle started the goal rush after just 11 minutes after some shambolic defending. QPR went 2-0 up on 22 minutes, pretty much sealing my fate to resign as we cant score to save our lives. Hjartarson gave us a lifeline on 25 minutes but QPR got their 2 goal lead back just 4 minutes later after Counago scored to make it 3-1. Half time and it was 3-1. The 2nd half started and it took just 5 minutes for us to lose another goal. Pongolle got his second on 50 minutes. Abdellaoiu made it 4-2 on 66 minutes but the match was pretty much lost. To make things worse Craig got sent off for two yellow cards on 69 minutes. QPR made it 5-2 on 92 minutes. A bad loss and my last game in charge of Millwall.

Sackfield Retires

After a poor start to the season, Millwall mamanger Danny Sackfield has decided to step down from his job and retire from the world of Football. After his players lost faith in him and the Fans and Board losing patience in him, he felt that he could go no further. After being in the job only a year it came of a bit of a shock in the footballing word. Now he can go home and make sure his garden is in a good condition.

Hartlepool.jpg

Sackfield II takes to the Pool

New danish manager Dannny Sackfield the 2nd has taken the reigns at midtable club Hartlepool in League one. Hartlepool have been struggling in the bottom half of League one and after last years Play off loss it seems like it has taken its toll on their squad. Hartlepool Chairman has welcomed me to Victoria park and wishes me the best of luck. With us sitting in 18th place he wants me to get us into a safe midtable position. He also gave me a healthy transfer budget and wage budget to help me out.

With the Squad abit thin i needed a few extra players. Especially a few strikers as i only had 2 decent ones to work with. I made a few enquiries about players but the bigger teams stole them off me *cough* Rob*Cough*. I hope i can get a few players in to boost my squad. Lets get on with the matches.

Hartlepool v Doncaster Won 3-1 {i]League[/i]

I was thrown into the deep end at Hartlepool as i had 1 day to get a squad together. We got off to a great start as captain Humphreys grabbed the first goal of my career as manager on 19 minutes. Just 6 minutes later and we broke free. Williams got through on goal but Marshall kicked the ball from him which rolled into his own net. A terrible own goal on 25 minutes. Doncaster grabbed a goal back on 37 minutes from Hutchinson. We came out in the 2nd half hoping for a quick goal to calm our nerves. we got that goal on 58 minutes when Humphreys grabbed his 2nd to make it 3-1. Great goal. We sailed through easy 3-1 winners.

Bamber Bridge v Hartlepool Won 2-0 Fa Cup 1st Round

i was hoping for a good cup run to give us abit of money and it helped that we had lowly non league side Bamber Bridge as our opponents. it took us just 21 minutes to go into the lead as Williams slotted the ball into the net. We kept going for that 2nd goal but it just wouldnt go in. We finally got the much needed 2nd goal on 81 minutes as Williams grabbed his 2nd of the game. We ran out easy 2-0 winners again.

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

We got drawn against Bristol Rovers in the 2nd Round.

Hartlepool v Bournemouth Won 2-1 League

We played 6th placed Bournemouth today and i was hoping for at least a point. I was more happier when we managed the full3 points. Humphreys scored the first again on 21 minutes as he tried to prove himself to me. He certainly was doing that. We kept the lead into the Half Time break. Both of us struggled to gain any momentum in the 2nd half and it was quite boring. WIlliams finally grabbed our 2nd on 78 minutes which gave us a good chance of 3 points. Wilson of Bournemouth grabbed a goal back in the 91st minute but it proved no more than a consolation goal. a great win for us.

---------------

Well i have started my hartlepool job quite well and hopei can get higher up the table..

Reading.jpg

Hob Knob Anyone ?

POTM.jpg

1.Julian Gray Sheff Utd

2.Gaizka Mendieta Middlesbrough

3.Anthony Lurling Reading*

YPOTM.jpg

1.Ederson Reading*

2.Freddy Adu Leeds

3.Anton Ferdinand West Ham

GOAL.jpg

1.S.Pearson Middlesbrough

2.Johnathan Grounds Middlesbrough

3.David Connolly QPR

MOTM.jpg

1.Hans Backe Middlesbrough

2.Trevor Francis Hull

3.Alan Pardew West Ham

Plymouth 0-1 Reading

Plymouth.jpg

Attendance 18759

MOM Touma Reading 8

Not much in this one really Plymouth held on well until 30mins in when Haestad opened up the defence with a 1-2 with ederson before slotting home.

Transfer1.jpg

Pal Cederqvist from Norwich 60k

Germain Agustien from Willem II 55k

Reading 1-1 Gillingham

madejski.jpg

Attendance 21941

MOM Lurling Reading 8

Cederqvist would make his debut in this one coming on at half time and scoring 10mins later before Beattie equalised on 60mins Jamie Hand was sent off in this one for 2 yellows and will miss the game away to Cardiff.

Transfer1.jpg

Chris Batt Released

Rune Ertas Released

Gabriel Agbonlahor from Aston Villa 675k

Chairman Madjeski was please with the bargain signing of Agbonlahor

Cardiff 1-3 Reading

CardiffCity.jpg

Attendance 13931

MOM Ingmarsson Reading 8

It took Agbonlahor only 26mins of his debut to open his Royals account then goals from Ederson on 56 and Ingmarsson from the spot on 59 before Bullock would get one back for the home side on 80mins.

Manager Paul Rouch reportedly has asked the Fa to look into the transfer of Agbonlahor from Aston Villa as he says the player had agreed terms to a move and I stepped in to steal him...

stay tuned to see how this unfolds.

bristolc.jpg

Titties News

Bristol City will now be looking to the league to get something out of this season after being knocked out of the league cup on penalties, but Johnston is confident he can turn the season around.

English Championship

Crystal Palace (H) 20th November 2007

So starting the night with a tricky home tie against Crystal Palace. Bristol make the first attack with Job forcing the keeper into a good save. But Palace fight back with a few chances of their own. And after 25 minutes they take the lead with a good header. And the first half ends. Into the second half and with 75 minutes gone Job takes control of a bad backpass and slots past the keeper to equalise. And the game ends there.

Bristol C 1 Crystal Palace

MOM: Lakis 9(Palace)

Goal Scorers: Job(75)

ATT: 20646

English Championship

West Ham (A) 25th November 2007

Another big game now against West Ham away let's see if we can get a result this time. A change in tactics for this game with the titties lining up slightly more defensively. But after 12 minutes we still manage to get forward and claim a penalty which Danny Bolt slots home. West Ham are also reduced to 10 men. However they find their way back into the game with an equaliser before half time. So into the second half and Bristol push forward in the hope of a win. And after 81 minutes they finally break through the defense and Radzewicz scores to make it 2-1. We keep pushing forward at the end despite the lead but the game ends 2-1.

West Ham 1 Bristol C 2

MOM: Routledge 9(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Bolt (pen14) Radzewicz (82)

Assists: Linz (14) Routledge (82)

ATT: 32712

So a great win for the titties there, and a goal from the spot is also good. We just need a few more now to head up the league table.

English Championship

Middlesbrough (H) 1st December 2007

Home to 4th place Middlesbrough now. The game starts pretty evenly matched but then in the 35th minute Middlesbrough scorea long shot. And thats how the first half finishes. Into the second and Bristol push for that equaliser, but they struggle to make any chances and the game finishes 1-0.

Bristol C 0 Middlesbrough 1

MOM: Seitaridis 8(Middlesbrough)

ATT: 19760

So that win for Middlesbrough takes them up to 2nd place, but we move down to 17th.

English Championship

Nottingham Forrest (A) 8th December 2007

Forrest are currently sitting 4th in the league, so this will be another tough one for the titties. Game gets underway and Bristol are reduced to 10 men after only 1 minute with Olarra getting 2 yellow cards. 13 minutes gone and Forrest make it 1-0. 20 minutes and its 2-0. 35 minutes gone and its 3-0. Half time. 52 minute gone and its 4-0. Just to put the icing on the cake Gillespie is given a second yellow, so 9 men now. Now Cesar gets his second yellow. So thats full time 4-0 and 3 men sent off.

Nottingham Forrest 4 Bristol C 0

MOM: Louis Saha 10(Nottingham Forrest)

ATT:23158

So that game was a total joke, the referee can go bite my boaby. All sendings off were for getting furious with the referee what an A-hole.

English Championship

Plymouth (H) 11th December 2007

Plymouth currently sit one place above us in the league, so this will be a great game to win, but with 3 first team regulars out through suspension it will be difficult. With 24 minutes on the clock Radzwicz sees the goalie off his line and strikes from 45 yards into the top corner to make it 1-0. The rest of the half passes by with nothing else to report, 1-0. Into the second half and a few chances at either end to start with. But it's not until the 85th minute that substitute Routledge runs almost the entire length of the pitch to score making it 2-0. Into injury time and a fantastic long shot from Linz finds the top corner making it 3-0.

Bristol C 3 Plymouth 0

MOM: Linz 8(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Radzewicz(24) Routledge (85) Linz (90)

Assists: Holmes (24) Junior (85) Routledge (90)

ATT: 20034

A great home win for the titties to move us up a place or 2.

English Championship

Gillingham (A) 15th December 2007

Gillingham away now to end the evening and the titties are looking to get another win under their belts. But it takes only 2 minutes for Gillingham to take the lead. Bristol hit back with a few decent chances and after 34 minutes Junior pounces on a loose ball and slots it home to make it 1-1. And that's half time. Into the second half and with 3 minutes played Junior makes it 2-1 titties. Bad defending lets Gillingham back in on the hour mark. And despite some chances at either end the game ends 2-2.

Gillingham 2 Bristol C 2

MOM: Junior 8(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Junior (34, 48)

Assists: Holmes (34) Routledge (48)

ATT:11290

So the session ends with a 2-2 draw, but a point is a point, so I'm happy.

Reading.jpg

Hob Knob Anyone ???

Footballleague.gif

Transfer1.jpg

Carl Davies Released

Jamie Young to Chesterfield 50k

Crewe 0-3 Reading

crewestadium.jpg

with the animosity between these two managers over the transfer of Agbanlahor both managers decided to let the teams do the talking for them in this one,It took only 2mins for Agbonlahor to open his account vs his former manager and fuel the fire some more between rouchie and perry Cederqvist made it 2-0 on 76mins before Thu another Rouch target while at Hartlepool made it 3-0 on 81mins.

Attendance 10032

MOM Andersson Reading 9

Match Note

Billy Jones and Paul Huntington where not available to Rouchie as they had been picked for internationals

Reading 2-1 Burnley

madejski.jpg

Reading came out all guns blazing in this one Ederson opened on the half hour and Haestad made it 2-0 5mins after the restart little hope for Burnley when Frode Johnsen broke the offside trap and round the keeper to slot home on 66mins

Attendance 22011

MOM Ederson Reading 8

Transfer1.jpg

John Sutton to Hartlepool 100k

Leicester 3-0 Reading

leicester.jpg

Leicester had a point to prove here and damn did they prove it Thomson opened the scoring on 10mins before Ormerod killed us off with 2goals 1 on 28mins the other 55mins.

Attendance 21008

MOM Ormerod Leicester 9

YPOTM.jpg

1.Maciej Korzym QPR

2.Michael O'Neil Sheff Utd

3.Hosain Kaebi Crewe

POTM.jpg

1.Christian Terlizzi QPR

2.Mikka Koppinen QPR

3.Michael Hartmann Coventry

MOTM.jpg

1.Rob Perry READING!

2.Peter Reid Coventry

3.Ronnie Moore Millwall

GOAL.jpg

1.Stilian Petrov Middlesborough

2.Dean Morgan Plymouth

3.Keith Lasley Plymouth

Transfer1.jpg

Richard Langley to Hibs 150k

Ian Day to Hartlepool 200k

sky.gif

Tyler.jpg

Gray.jpg

Andy Gray and Martin Tyler here for this one today in what should be a great game.

Reading 4-2 Norwich

madejski.jpg

Ederson got the game rolling on 18mins with a sweet fk from 35yards out Haestad made it 2-0 on 27mins, Agbonlahor made it 3-0 on 42mins, 2nd half started at the same pace the 1st ended a goal on 47mins from Haestad made it 4-0 and Reading where crusing but they took the foot of the gas just alittle too much and allowed Norwich to get 2 quick goals Ingmarsson put through his own net on 66mins then Jarvis on 68mins.

Attendance 21296

MOM Agbonlohar Reading 9

Leeds 2-1 Reading

Leeds.jpg

Camara scored after only 10mins in this one before Touma pounced on a rebound from a Ingmarsson pen miss, Borg got the winner for leeds 1min after the restart and then they shut up shop and Reading just couldnt get the ball in the net.

Attendance 21976

MOM Mbayo Leeds 8

Transfer1.jpg

Lee Grant to Bristol Rovers 35k

Lloyd Owusu to Rotherham Released on a Free

Francesco Volpe to Tranmere 70k

Stay Tuned for more from the Royals...

crewe.jpg

After a triumphant return to the management fold, and clutching the September Manager of the month award, Rouch was hoping the team could continue their rich vein of form.

Versus Millwall (A) 13th October 2007

A match against Danny Sackfield’s Millwall, but with the young manager unable to attend, doubtless on a scouting mission somewhere! Marvin Elliott put the pikeys ahead after only 25 minutes and Peter Sweeney should have doubled the advantage but missed the chance to convert a dubious penalty. The second half saw goal king Larsson convert his 4th penalty in 2 games, which looked pretty impressive, and a share of the points was well earned, although it took a Man of the Match performance from Crewe keeper, Gareth Williams, to ensure the draw icon14.gif

Final Score Millwall 1 Crewe 1

Goals : Crewe Larsson (Pen 54)

Millwall Elliott (25)

ATT 7071

MOM : Gareth Williams (Crewe)

Versus West Ham (A) 20th October 2007

Paul Rouch was really excited at the prospect of leading his Crewe side out at Upton Park, as a lifelong hammers fan he felt totally elated at the very thought of it! The game however failed to live up to expectations as neither side were able to take their chances . The only consolation for Crewe was the MOM award picked up by the hard working Justin Cochrane.

Final Score West Ham 0 Crewe 0

ATT 24743

Versus Middlesborough (H) 27th October 2007

Many were tipping Middlesbrough to gain automatic promotion this season and the early signs were good for the visitors when Stephen Pearson netted to put ‘boro 1 up at half time. The home side rallied well in the second half and were on level terms after Hosain Kaebi scored an absolute screamer. Kevin Jacmot had a stormer on the right wing and well deserved his MOM champagne! icon_cool.gif

Final Score Crewe 1 Middlesbrough 1

Goals : Crewe Kaebi (52)

Middlesbrough Pearson(18)

ATT 10076

Versus Notts Forest (A) 30th October 2007

A game where penalty king Larsson’s crown started to slip and the Crewe teams frailties were all too evident! Despite a bright start when Larssons saved penalty was struck home on the rebound by the influential Kevin Jacmot, Forest soon began to show why they were considered promotion favourites! The on loan Saha equalised on 10 minutes and Ben Watson made it 2-1 to the Forest on the stroke of half time. Watson added to his tally in the second half and Paul Huntington compounded Crewe’s misery with an own goal to gift wrap the game for Forest icon_frown.gif Crewe were unable to convert many of the well crafted chances they created, partly due to the MOM performance of the Forest Keeper, and partly due to the lack of clinical finishing in any of their forward players. A new striker was required and soon, to supplement the attacking qualities of the team, before they slipped too far off the pace!

Final Score Notts Forest 4 Crewe 1

Goals : Crewe Jacmot (4)

Notts Forest Saha (10) Watson (45, 56) Huntington (OG 63)

ATT 19973

MOM : Stiepe Pletikosa (Notts Forest)

Versus Plymouth (H) 3rd November 2007

A game which Crewe should have comfortably won was again blighted by the tale of missed opportunity. The initial blaze of glory that Henrik Larsson arrived in has long since died out and he was on the subs bench for this match. Jacmot again provided an early lead but Plymouth were fortunate to grab an ill deserved equaliser just before the break. The second half saw chance after chance sprurned and increasing frustration at the home sides inability to convert chances to goals. The Railwaymen seemed relieved at the final whistle that the visitors hadn’t managed to sneak the win! icon_mad.gif

Final Score Crewe 1 Plymouth 1

Goals : Crewe Jacmot (4)

Plymouth May (44)

ATT 9580

MOM : David McNamee (Plymouth)

A bid for the wonder boy Agbonlahor, who had shone under Rouch’s tutelage while on loan with Hartlepool was submitted but the boys head was turned by Reading boss Rob Perry icon_rolleyes.gif and Gabriel opted to go for the money icon_eek.gif

B]Versus Gillingham (A) 17th November 2007[/b]

Please see above report and change the scorers names accordingly angryfire.gif the Railwaymen have now gone 7 games without a win and the fans are beginning to wonder when they will get back on track. icon_frown.gif

Final Score Gillingham 1 Crewe 1

Goals : Crewe Cochrane (39)

Gillingham Agyemang (82)

ATT 10464

Versus Reading (H) 20th November 2007

An apoplectic Paul Rouch locked his team in the dressing room for 2 hours after this poor performance and read the riot act! Reading seemed to be rubbing salt into the wounds when Agbonlahor scored the opener but a complete rout at the Railwaymens hokme was too much for Rouch too bear. Again the lack of finishing up front proved to be fatal, and Rouch is stepping up his search for a suitable player to fill the striking void!

Final Score Reading 1 Crewe 1

Goals : Reading Agbonlahor (2) Cederqvist (76) Thu (81)

ATT 10032

MOM : Christoffer Anderson (Reading)

Versus Cardiff (A) 24th November 2007

The verbal assault from the manager at the last game seemed to have the desired affect as the team came out and were 2 goals up within 3 minutes thanks to a Paolo Vernazza strike and a Matt Matthews own goal! Dean extended the lead in the second half and then Chris McReady got himself sent off on the hour and the team had to reorganise to protect the lead, which they did comfortably icon_biggrin.gif Crewe first win since September!!

Final Score Cardiff 0 Crewe 3

Goals : Crewe Vernazza (2) Matthews (OG 3) Ashton (54)

ATT 17240

MOM : Hosain Kaebi (Crewe)

Motty Fact Of The Two Months

Despite Larsonns glorious arrival in September with three penalty goals and a further one in his next game, he has yet to add to this tally and has not scored a goal in open play for his new club yet.

League Position – 11th

Hartlepool.jpg

Transfer In

John Sutton - £100k from Reading

James Vaughan - Loan from Everton (3 months)

Ian Day - £200k from Reading

Fans Delighted at Bargain hunt

Hartlepool fans were delighted this afternoon as manager Danny Sackfield2 got the bargain of the year. He managed to capture the signing of midfield general Ian Day from Reading for a fee of £100k and then a further £100k over 24 months. Fans were delighted with this purchase and are hoping he can help push the team towards the mid table position that is expected of them.

Walsall 1-0 Hartlepool Lost 1-0 My League

My unbeaten run onlt lasted 3 games as Walsall beat me in my 4th game in charge. They scored after just two minutes as Williams put the ball into the goal. We struggled to find any possesion and the result was byond us as on 68 minutes Warren got sent off for his second booking.

Wrexham 2-1 hartlepool Lost 2-1 League

Our second succesive defeat came at te hands of Wrexham. WE went into the leaed on 20 minutes as perpetuini put the ball in the net, a great goal. Wrexham levelled just 4 minutes later from Morgan. They took the lead on 39 minutes from a williams goal.

Bristol Rovers v hartlepool Drew 1-1 FA Cup 2nd Round

Bristol took the lead on 16 minutes from an agogo shot. SOme poor defending let them in. Things looked worse for us as Maiden got sent off just before half time. Williams got the vital equaliser on 55 minutes as he got through the Rovers defence to slot home. The score finished 1-1 and went into a replay.

Hartlepool v Bradford Won 1-0 League

We played top of the league Bradford this afternoon and it was always going to be a tough match. Both team had some good chances in the first half but couldnt capitalise on them. The 2nd half was just the same. Bradford got on top though and we just had to bide our time and hope for a quick break. 92 minutes gone and it looked like we were on for a point. That was until Istead got onto the end of a cross and powered a header home on 92 minutes. It turned out to be the last decisive kick of the game as we stole 3 points. A great win for us.

hartlepool v Bristol Rovers won 1-0 FA Cup 2nd Round Replay

We brought Bristol back to our place for the chance to play Nottingham Forest in the 3rd round. A lot was at stake today. The first half ended 0-0, neither team could get through. 13 minutes after the restart and new signing John Sutton grabbed his first goal of his Hartlepool career. A much needed goal which saw us win the match 1-0.

Colchester v hartlepool Won 3-1 League

A tough game again as we travelled to COlchester. Sutton got on the score sheet again on 16 minutes. Colchester equalised just 1 minute later from Short. Humphreys put us back into the lead on 22 minutes after a great shot. Day got his first goal for us just 1 minute later which turned out to be the winning goal. A great win and the chairman was delighted.

We finished the session sitting in 14th place with a game in hand.

ShWed.jpg

Owls Observer - It's all going Pete Tong at Hillsborough!!!

So the miserable season the Owls are enduring is continuing at one hell of a rate although they have managed to win a couple of games recently. Discontent at the club as players are becoming increasingly frustrated at the position the club is in and players constantly complaining at not getting a game when in all honesty they do not merit a starting place in Hepburn's first eleven. They are still embroiled in a relegation battle as they lie in 16th position and battling for their safety. Here is a run down of the latest games.....

Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-2

The Owls got off to a great start at the City of Manchester stadium as they were 2-0 up within six minutes and Hepburn was starting to believe a long awaited victory was within their grasp. Luis Costa put them ahead with a superb strike from inside the area and it got even better when Guy Demel smashed in number two from outside the penalty area. City were all over the place and the owls were hunting more goals. Then after 17 minutes Gasbarroni got himself stupidly sent off for dissent and they let City back into the game. City dominated for the rest of the first half and got themselves back into the game early in the second half with a goal from Ventola. The nerves crept back into the Owls' play and they conceded a second only minutes later when they allowed Ventola too much time and he slammed the ball home. It could have been worse but it highlighted the Owls frailties all over and something Hepburn will have to address.

Shefield Wednesday v Newcastle - (H) - 0-0

What a difference a season makes as this fixture last year saw the Owls tear a high flying Newcastle side apart. This time it was a completely different story. Hepburn set out a very defensively minded side with the attacking players much more defensively set than in previous fixtures. The fans did not know what to make of the tactics but tried to get behind the team and will them onto victory. In the end they had to settle for yet another point as they eally did not create enough chances to merit the win. They did manage a clean sheet which was good but not really what Hepburn was looking for.

Sheffield Wednesday v Blackburn - (H) - 1-0 Defeat

A game where the Owls may feel hard done by as they created chances but could not put them away and were made to pay as they conceded an early goal through Paul Gallagher and Blackburn always looked dangerous when coming forward. Scoring goals has become a real problem this season for the Owls which is surprising considering the talent they have in that department. You could see from the game though the strikers were low on confidence and another area Hepburn will have to look at. The defeat was made worse with the news Stewart Downing is out for a month with a broken shoulder. the problems are mounting for an increasingly under pressure Hepburn.

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-1 Win for the Owls!!!

Hepburn changed the tactics going into this game and for once this season the changes worked. He went three at the back and put more emphasis on the wings with a five man midfield with Mokoena pushed forward to support the strikers wherever possible. They got off to the worst possible start as beattie had Southampton ahead after only three minutes. Hepburn was fearing the worst but his team managed to battle back into the game and after a serious of half chances they finally got their equaliser through Luis Costa. It got better for the Owls as they started to grow in confidence and took the game by the scruff of the neck and really had Southampton under a lot of pressure. They got their reward with a second goal minutes from the interval as Gasbarroni, back in the starting line up after his suspension grabbed a priceless goal that in the end proved to be the winner and give the Owls their first win since the opening game of the season. They had chances to increase their lead but could not take them. The Saints tried to battle back but were limited to long shots as the Owls defence looked solid for once. A great three points for the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Portsmouth - (H) - 4-2 Win for the Owls!!!!

After the win on the south coast it was time for the south coast to come to Hillsborough as Portsmouth came calling. The Owls started where they left off as David Healy not only put the Owls ahead but also scored his first goal for the Owls. They were pulled back almost immediately as Fordyce grabbed is first goal for Pompey. After the Pompey equaliser Guy Demel took this game by the scruff off the grabbed to a double to put the Owls well ahead. He has been one of the few pluses for the Owls and he showed why in this game. A penalty early in the seocnd half for Pompey gave them some hope but Gasbarroni sealed the points for the Owls with his second goal in two games. A super performance from the Owls. More of the same lads!!!

Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-1 Defeat

A fantastic end to end game of football was ended after 41 minutes of this game as the referee contraversially sent off Jon Otsemobor for nothing. Up to that point it was 1-1 with both teams going at each other, it was almost like a cup tie. Wolves struck first through Seol Ki-Hyeon after eighteen minutes only for Costa to equalise for the Owls. At that point it was anyone's game but after the sending off the Owls crumbled in the second half as Wolves were rampant with attack after attack. two second half goals had the three points in the bag and it was yet another defeat for the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton - (H) - 1-0 Defeat

After the game Hepburn lambasted his team as he described this as 'the worst performance I have seen for my team since I took over. Every one of them should take a hrad look at themsleves or they will find themsleves out the door'. It was that bad as they lacked everything needed to win a football match. No passion or commitment, no desire to fight when the going gets tough. Truely shocking. It could have been a cricket score but for some poor finishing from the visitors.

Since that game speculation has been rife that Hepburn has been linked with the Fulham job and word has he is ready to accept the offer if it comes his way. This is sure to cause real discontent at the club if these rumours prove to be true. Hepburn made no comment when asked if the rumours are true but a source close to him suggests he is ready to leave Hillsborough if the right offer came along.

bristolc.jpg

Titties Update

English Championship

Crewe (H) 22nd December 2007

So the first game of the session is against Rouchie's 8th place Crewe. So an important one for both teams. The game gets underway with Bristol changing their formation round for this one, let's see how it works. With only 10 minutes gone Bristol have a man injured. Bristol have the first chance with a long shot but Crewe get a break away goal after 25 minutes and lob the keeper from the edge of the area. A few more chances go a begging for Bristol and the first half ends 1-0. Into the second half then and Bristol get the game underway. But Crewe get the first chance through a corner but miss. But with 56 minutes gone substitute Linz gets on the end of a Radzewicz cross to make it 1-1. Another injury for Bristol with only 10 minutes to go. Into injury time and that bastard Henrik Larson scores a header of all things. And the game ends.

Bristol C 1 Crewe 2

MOM: Radzewicz 9 (Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Linz(57)

Assists: Raczewicz(57)

ATT:19800

So an unfortunate defeat for the titties after a close contest, but I guess the game lasts until the final whistle and my players should have kept their wits about them and watched Larson on the last attack.

English Championship

Burnley (A) 26th December 2007

Next on the list is bottom club Burnley, hopefully a win. The game gets underway with Bristol pushing forward for the early goal. In the 40th minute Bristol C are awarded a penalty which is missed by Danny Bolt. So half time and its 0-0. Into the second half and Bristol push forward more but with no luck in front of goal, until the 82nd minute when a bad back pass is picked up in front of goal by Linz and he slots it passed the keeper for 1-0. 3 minutes later Gillespie finds himself in front of goal and slots home to make it 2-0. Into injury time and Tommy Coyne grabs a late consolation.

Burnley 1 Bristol C 2

MOM: Jensen 8 (Burnley)

Goal Scorers: Linz (82) Gillespie (85)

Assists: Phillips (85)

ATT:21382

So a great win for the titties adding another 3 points to their tally.

English Championship

Reading (H) 29th December 2007

So another human manager game, this time the Titties play host to Rob's Reading. Reading start the match but its Bristol who have th efirst chance gaining a corner but no goal. Until the 12 minute when Job rises above the defender to head home. 3 minutes later Job gets on the scoresheet again making it 2-0. 22 minutes gone and a penalty for Bristo which Bolt scores this time around, 3-0. 10 minutes later Linz makes it 4-0. But Reading hit back instantly after a defensive mix up making it 4-1 at half time. So into the second half with a comfortable lead and its Brisotl who get the game underway. They are really putting on a show for the cameras. 8 minutes in and Burke is stretchered off injured, dirty tactics now. But with 62 minutes on the clock Bolt swings in a corner met by the head of Michael Keen, 5-1. Fantastic goal by Reading in injury time to make it 5-2, but nothing more than a consolation.

Bristol C 5 Reading 2

MOM: Job 9(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Job (12,15)Bolt (pen 22)Linz(32)Keen(62)

Assists: Bolt (12,62)Olarra (15)Linz(22)Phillips(32)

ATT:20432

A fantastic win there for the titties.

This months awards saw only Roland Linz being awarded with 2nd place in the goal of the month competition.

Happy New Year

Into the new year and Bristol have secured some free transfers:

Peter Kopteff (D/AML) from Viking

Gustavo Figueroa (AM/FLC) from Al Ain

English Championship

Leicester (H) 1st January 2008

Leicester this time look to take on the Titties but after only 2 minutes a penalty is slotted home by new boy Kopteff. And the first half finishes 1-0. Into the second and Bristol push forward to extend their lead with Linz coming close. Kopteff tries a long one late on but it goes wide. 78 minutes on the clock and Keen puts sub. Gillespie through and he doesn't miss. 2-0. Full time.

Bristol C 2 Leicester 0

MOM: Phillips 8(Bristol C)

Goal Scorers: Kopteff (pen2)Gillespie (78)

Assists: Cesar (2)Keen(78)

ATT:21465

So a good win to end the session taking Bristol up a place in the league too. So sitting in 15th place, but we seem to have found a bit of form. With 3 wins on the trot.

crewe.jpg

Having finally come to the end of a dreadful run of results with the win against Cardiff, Rouch was looking for the team to improve the league position and move back towards the playoffs!

Versus Burnley (A) 1st December 2007

A result carved out in very trying circumstances! Dean Richards, the veteran defender was injured halfway through the half and the team needed a reshuffle as Lee Bell came on and moved into the Defensive Midfield role as Mikele Liegterwood moved back in the central defender role. Dean Ashton got the only goal of the game just before the half time whistle. The team hung on to the advantage to record a second successive victory on the road! icon_biggrin.gif

Final Score Burnley 0 Crewe 1

Goals : Crewe Ashton (44)

ATT 19562

Versus Leicester (H) 8th December 2007

Goals at crucial times from Kaebi just before the break, and Vernazza just before the final whistle secured Crewe’s 3rd straight win and a 3rd straight clean sheet! icon_smile.gif

Final Score Crewe 2 Leicester 0

Goals : Crewe Kaebi (45) Vernazza (90)

ATT 11019

MOM : Paolo Vernazza (Crewe)

Versus Norwich (A) 11th December 2007

A visit to Carrow road, nearly as brief as Paul Rouch’s period as Norwich Manager earlier in the year! A single goal from Ian Henderson was enough to ensure Delia’s delight! The winning streak brought to an end by Crewe inability to convert chances reappearing! Rouch assured the press after the game that the search for a quality finisher was still his main priority. The fact that Jason Brown, the Norwich Keeper picked up a Magnum of Champagne for his performance highlighted that the problem is not in the creation of chances, but in the taking of them! icon_eek.gif

Final Score Norwich 1 Crewe 0

Goals : Norwich Henderson (35)

ATT 1612

MOM : Jason Brown (Norwich)

Versus Leeds (H) 15th December 2007

Another game where wasted opportunity proved costly for Crewe! A 0-0 score line belied the number of chances spurned by Ashton and then Larsson for Crewe. The search continues off field for a finisher to take these opportunites, and the Crewe faithful must hope he is found sooner rather than later!!

Final Score Crewe 0 Leeds 0

ATT 10106

Versus Bristol City (A) 22nd December 2007

Bristol City Manager David Johnston was in attendance for this fixture after missing the draw at Crewe. There was a debut for on Crewe’s loan star left back Patrick Boyle from Everton. The game kicked off and it was immediately apparent that this was going to be a tight game with few clear cut chances. Crewe were the first to make headway when Dean Ashton put the railwaymen ahead mid way through the first half. In a game that ebbed and flowed one way then the other, it took until just before the hour before another goal was scored. This time it was Roland Linz for the home side to equalise. The game remined tight anmd with less than 10 minutes left Rouch chucked on the unimpressive Larsson more in desperation than hope! But the Swede came good and scored his first goal in open play for Crewe and secured 3 vital points in the dying seconds of the game! The result did flatter Crewe slightly, but after some of the results that have gone the other way for the team, Rouch was in no mood to complain!! icon_biggrin.gif

Final Score Bristol City 1 Crewe 2

Goals : Bristol City Lindz (57)

Crewe Ashton (23)

ATT 19800

MOM : Marcin Radzewicz (Bristol City)

Versus W.B.A. (H) 26th December 2007

The Railwaymen were on a high after their victory over fellow EFB manager David Johnstons Titties! They were desperate to keep the feel good factor going with the performance against the baggies, and keen to see new loan signing Dextor Blackstock, from Southampton. After only 8 minutes, Billy Jones ensured that the smiles remained on the Crewe fans faces with his first goal of the season! An injury to Kevin Jacmot in the second half meant that Dean Ashton had to come on and play in the unfamiliar AML role, and he adapted very well indeed! With a two goals to make it 3-0 before WBA’s Nathan Ellington pulled one back. Justin Cochrane then scored to make it 4-1 to the railwaymen, and finally, Dean Ashton completed his hatrick top give Crewe a resounding 5-1 win icon_biggrin.gif He also secured the MOM champagne with his 45 minute performance!! icon14.gif Merry Christmas! Santa is a Railwayman!! icon_wink.gif

Final Score Crewe 5 WBA 1

Goals : WBA Ellington (78)

Crewe Jones (8) Ashton (62, 74, 89) Cochrane (80)

ATT 10072

MOM : Dean Ashton (Crewe)

Versus Q.P.R. (A) 29th December 2007

After the Boxing Day massacre of the boing boing baggies, Crewe had another triplet of initials to contend with, this time it was QPR. They also had another loan signing to unveil, this time it was Man Utd’s Tomi Petrescu, a left sided forward. The Christmas was still alive and kicking for the Railwaymen, Justin Cochrane opened the scoring after only 3 minutes then doubled his tally mid way through the half. Loan signing Dextor Blackstock got the 3rd on 33, before QPR pulled one back on the cusp of half time. Blackstock grabbed a second in the second half to make it 4-1 and a very happy festive period for Paul Rouch. icon_cool.gif

Final Score QPR 1Crewe 4

Goals : QPR Naldo (45)

Crewe Cochrane (3, 21) Blackstock (33, 65)

ATT 14021

League Position – 7th

Motty Fact Of The Month

Henrik Larsson retired on 31st December after only Three months and 5 goals at Crewe icon_eek.gif

December Awards

Crewe Alexandra had reason to be proud of their younger players this month with Simon McReady picking up the Young Player of the Month and Patrick Boyle coming in as runner up for the same award icon14.gif

rouchie, Larsson retired because he felt he was too good for your team and wanted more of challenge so the next best thing to Crewe was sitting at home counting his millions!!! icon_razz.gif

Hail Hail King Henrik!!! icon_cool.gif

Archived